Unlocking Unobtainable Appearances in Class for Retail?

What are your thoughts about having unobtainable appearences you obtain become available in retail if you unlock them in Classic?

I want to advocate for a constant flow of newcomers to Classic after the hype dies off. This is the best and easiest way I see to do this.

Now to address the main argument I think people will make against this:

“That’s a bad idea because it will encourage people to just play, take gear from a Classic guild then leave them high and dry.”

Yes, that is a factor, but it was also a thing back in Vanilla and beyond where tanks would leave the guild/stop raiding after getting their Thunderfury.
And while you can say this just means there will be more instances of it, I’m just trying to say that the most important thing is bringing people in. I’d rather see a guild have a couple people abandon and live on because of newcomers rather than just die off because no one new is coming and they don’t even have enough to pug the raids.

For the next argument:

As you can see. I’ve got the full Defias set on my vanilla rogue twink. I also have the full scarflet crusade mail set and original Blood Knight Tabard from the removed Paladin Charger questline. So, I know it kind of sucked having them reintroduced in the game and having them easily obtainable, taking away the prestige.

I’m just thinking this would offer a means to get people from retail to come over. Say they saw someone and wanted the Corrupted Ashbringer for their DK, Benediction for their priest, Rhok’delar for their hunter, etc. They would have to come to Classic level a toon to max, and do the grind/be lucky enough to obtain it. And who knows? Maybe they’d like it and stay/visit from time to time?

And for people of Retail who have said items and want to remain special. Again, I get it. I’ve had to put up with it. But them reimplementing certain items and not others is unfair so I believe every item short of challenning appearences/pvp and time sensitive items should be made available.

What are your thoughts? Do you believe this would be good or bad for the longevity of Classic WoW?

PS: Fateweaver’s an idiot.
:cocktail:

11 Likes

this has been discussed before and it basically wouldn’t be good for the health of the classic community in the slightest.

you’re counter argument is that people did it in classic anyway after getting their TF or whatever.

the difference is that is natural. but what you are doing is taking the natural and increasing it.

let me put it in perspective.
people are going to steal stuff.
you try to offset this by making sure your doors and windows are shut and locked yes?
what you are basically proposing is keeping your doors and windows unlocked. and posting a sign saying as such.

8 Likes

I think blizzard themselfs discarded this idea somewhere.

17 Likes

A blue already said stuff like that is not gonna happen in classic, Classic and Retail are separate and won’t cross-contaminate each other.

3 Likes

The difference here is keeping your windows and doors permanently shut means death by suffocation.

My main counter is it’ll keep this game alive more so than not. Address that point.

Blues/Blizzard say a lot of things. No flying in WoD, no Zandalari pallies, no classic servers

9 Likes

I’d rather believe them over a random level 19 player.

Hereeeeeeee

28 Likes

Thank you Mergons, I was looking for that.

1 Like

Well, at least it’s not a sharding thread.

10 Likes

I fully agree that it should. There is no reason not to, has the original challenge has re-introduced itself that way it was meant to. No longer obtainables is a toxic marketing scheme only meant to keep a player playing. It’s not fair for those who can’t afford it, unaware of the game back then, or simply don’t have the time.

2 Likes

That’s your perrogative. I’m just saying don’t take Blue posts as gospel. Or do. It’s more entertaining that way.

See

Thanks. It keeps blowing down every subsequent Blue post you throw at me. Keep doing so!

1 Like

As noted this has already been discussed, and Blizzard said don’t bet on it happening.

On top of that, the problem is that it invites the wrong kind of person to play Classic: People who don’t really want to play Classic, but just want those super rare transmogs.

They’re going to resent having to put that much time into Classic for transmogs in BfA, and their “ugh, let’s just get this over with” mentality and intention to stop playing the moment they get what they want will make Classic players resent them being there.

If Blizzard wants to offer those appearances for transmog against I’m all for it, but it should be obtainable in BfA rather than making people play a different game they may have no interest in.

6 Likes

Such a good argument u got there!

Whatever keeps you comfy at night. I foresee someone is gonna be a sad rogue when Classic launches.

It’s a fair argument, has blizzard does change it’s opinion based on demand. If you can’t sate the customer, then the customer will spend their money elsewhere

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

It’s a fair point. But the amount of grinding/leveling/etc you need to hit max and gear to obtain those sought after items equates to contributing to the community on their journey

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

If they are only here for the transmogs then let them come get it. They will put up the work required to achieve it. I rather have an actual community than one that will die from starved content

1 Like

It’s not going to happen /thread

6 Likes