From Classic to Live servers

well, my dear celessi, allow me to detoxify the situation:

btw, before we start, an obligatory comment on your avatar! looks cool. i like the eyes. makes it look like you have very thick eyelashes. and now on to the topic.

i personally think aoe looting and guild banks is a good idea. i like the idea of making people play thru classic vanilla in order to unlock classic tbc (but someone else convinced me this would be bad for tbc). i wouldnt mind letting people collect special game currency at max level on classic vanilla, to be spendable on retail at a special vendor, but the devs say no cross pollination, so that’s that.

on the other hand, i dont agree with right click reporting, dont agree with having updated models/animations, dont agree with sharding and pretty much support the rest of the #nochanges topic

1 Like

This Thread reminds me how much i despise the “new” Forums, i miss my Downvote and Ignore features.

To the OP, simply, in as nice a way as possible, NO

I don’t understand why people who’ve been playing for 14 years can’t have things that are unobtainable now. It’s good for the game to keep rare things rare…how can you not see this?

Nah. Leave Classic as it should be. a Horrible experience for those who don’t want it, and an amazing experience for those who do.

1 Like

Flag and move on.

2 Likes

Seems more like you support the idea that classic players are just toxic. This thread seems to be a covert attempt to draw that “issue” into question if you ask me. At this point. Everyone knows the reactions this type of post will cause. Call it toxic if you want but like Pac said: “We might fight amongst ourselves but I promise you this: We’ll burn this down ya get us pissed”

4 Likes

Yea we’re toxic… you seem like a regular bundle of joy

2 Likes

Your premise is wrong from the start, “you know nothing Jon Snow”

3 Likes

Here’s my idea Mr. Retail player with 0 posts about classic ever, I think you just don’t understand Classic WoW.

Hows that for an idea.

2 Likes

Or you could understand that this game was went to be made as a replica of vanilla WoW that is ‘untouched’ by outside systems that would make it less authentic than it has be to. Most of us who shut down ideas so quickly have been here since day one, and some of us have been asking for this for the last 10 years or so.

Me personally, I have been asking for this since late Cata when I realized the game I loved wasn’t coming back. I would ask on the forums for opinions and get shut down instantly and mocked and downvoted (back when you could downvote). Then when I finally get my request fulfilled after all the mocking and flame I got for playing on p servers, I get to hear all these retail players who are now on board, except they are only interested if they get the change that they want. We hear people wanting anything from graphic updates to xmog, dungeon finder, and even WoW tokens.

This isn’t your game to mess up. This is a game to replicate vanilla WoW. Yeah, we may be toxic about it, and quite frankly i believe it’s justified. You either want classic WoW or you don’t, there is no “Well what if we…”. Nope. You can just simply not play.

Call it toxic all you want I really don’t care.

5 Likes

Hard no to the OP.

It takes away from the achievements and feats of strength from the people who did those things 14 years ago. Imagine how disruptive to the economy a single chromatic sword would be on retail. You could make a list a mile long of things you could gather on classic wow and take it to retail to break the economy.

2 Likes

Oh I know his ideas would be horrible, I was more just pointing out that his ideas were junk from the go because he has no frame of reference for what the original game was.

1 Like

Shouldn’t you be getting drunk or fat, dwarf?

:rofl:

1 Like

That would assume a dwarf can be sober or not fat.

1 Like

Already both, because all that needed to get done today is done.

No one expects much of you anyway, so that isn’t a long list

ROFL! You have no idea how funny that actually is… Second I need another beer.

If i didn’t give you gruff who would?

Ok, fair enough…

1 Like