Unlocking Unobtainable Appearances in Class for Retail?

Classic is Retail, you will need to pay to play it.

Classic is an entirely different game than Modern WoW. It makes as much sense to get an achievement or appearance in Modern WoW by playing Starcraft Remaster as it does to include any kind of crossover in Classic to modern.

In other words, it’s a terrible idea because modern collectivists will feel as if Blizzard is forcing them to play Classic when they’re not interested.

This would be as ridiculous as expecting people to purchase a trading card game just to RNG luck out to get a BiS item for Classic WoW.

Absolutely no sensible person wants to play that way.

1 Like

It’s not about if they contributed to a community or not.

It’s that asking people to put in hundreds of hours into a game they may not even want to play just to get a reward in an entirely different game is probably not the best of ideas.

I’d be pretty annoyed if Blizzard tied rewards in Classic to needing to play hundreds of hours of BfA or Starcraft.

1 Like

I foresee many people becoming sad pallys, quitting and Classic dying. That’s the reason for the thread. Pay closer attention.

Blizzard is known for their shady marketing tactics, no one is denying that. WoW Classic maybe different from retail, but it is still WoW. No one with a working brain thinks it will force people to play old content, has this entire idea only came to fruition because of years of demand even in the face of “You think you do” from Blizzard

What our thoughts are on the matter are irrelevant. It’s not going to happen. Blizzard officials have stated that it won’t happen and the Classic community doesn’t want it.

That’s all that matters. What might draw a retail player to Classic is secondary to maintaining the vanilla experience. Obtaining shiny transmogs is contradictory to the vanilla experience.

You say Blizzard can change their stance on stuff, but this isn’t something that is mutable. What Classic is and is not is about as well defined as anything can be. It’s not an ever changing entity like retail is and so there simply isn’t room for changes.

1 Like

Tiea is here to make classic a succes such a nobel figure!

But seriously:

5 Likes

At this point it’s nothing more than trolling…

7 Likes

You underestimate the power of the consumer. WoW Classic came to fruition because the people will so desperate for old content that they were getting it illegaly from Private Servers.

1 Like

Says the person not contributing to this forum

1 Like

And the Classic community is the consumer. It’s who this game is made for. So what the community wants, which is an as pure as possible Classic, is what we’ll get.

1 Like

Holy cow it’s becoming self-aware of it’s actions!

Why isn’t it? What if them deciding to make a toon and level through made it so a pug had the last slot needed for a dungeon or quest as opposed to saying we can get a full group screw this and going back to retail?

Optional cosmetic rewards though… You don’t have to get them. There’s thousands of other clothing/weapon options

If the majority says “no” then I will concede. However there is no way of knowing what the majority believes

1 Like

:sunglasses: Just keep trying comming up with stupid ideas as to how your ideas are so glorious and everyone should listen to u!

2 Likes

If we are so stupid then educate us then. You are just spamming a blue post that’s based on opinion and not facts.

Because it’s still a terrible solution for people who want the transmogs.

and if people leave because they struggled to find 1 more for a dungeon, they were pretty flaky on playing Classic in the first place. I’d bet they would probably quit over a number of other things in Classic too.

Something being optional isn’t a proper defense of it being a bad idea.

2 Likes

I sort of want to cite every blue post about flying not being an option in WoD and everything they backpedalled on and finish up with the “you think you do but you don’t” youtube video, but I’m not going to waste that time just to re-affirm my point because it’s common knowledge.

Bloodfall and tiea the same person? never see u posting anywhere else except here at the same thread making the same points… hmmmmmm

3 Likes

Just wanted to say, a lot of retailers would honestly be against this too. adding in initiative for retailers to play a game they don’t want to for more cool looking stuff. There’s a good chance most of them will do it and not enjoy themselves. (Warmode is a good example of this.)

That is of course, if this person isn’t serious and is just trolling. I mean we’ve covered this topic quite a few times.

1 Like

Take a look around. It’s not hard to figure out. The evidence lies in these Classic forums and it’s quite overwhelming. Read the writing on the walls.

1 Like

A “terrible” solution is better than denying the problem. I doubt Blizzard would want such an anticipated game gone down the hole.