Unable to report posts

There is no option to report.

If I change to a different character, I can? I don’t get it.

Why are people who should BE BANNED FROM THE FORUMS still allowed to post, all they do is troll? User is [Removed] and all they do is flame and troll. I have blocked them but they still show up.

2 Likes

Try clearing your chache and cookies and log in fresh. I am not sure if having an active sub affects reporting, but check that also. I can see a report flag on your post so assume it’s working for the majority.

Forum bans tend to be by the license. So if that person was on a character on a banned license, they could well be on a different account. Bypassing a suspension though would be treated poorly by the mod staff. We do not need to know a user name though, reports are not accepted

4 Likes

On this character, it’s not there. On other characters, it is there. Very odd. I do have an active account.

Thanks.

You’re going to want to go ahead and edit that name out.

1 Like

I would avoid egging on the behavior by the way.

4 Likes

I just ignore them and report them. All they do is troll. I remember seeing their posts a long time ago doing the same stuff and they’re still not banned, but I get banned for 3 weeks for literally no reason. Makes sense.

If a post has been reported and hidden already, you can’t report the post. You also only get so many reports to use in a certain time frame. This is to avoid people mass flagging everything and anything, or using a flag like a “dislike” option.

Like folks have said, remove that player’s name from your original post, please. Their bad behavior does not give you free reign to break the rules as well. Posting their name is considered harassment in the vein of “naming and shaming.” If you’ve been suspended before, you’re going to face increasing sanctions.

4 Likes

What do you mean?

Why are you asking if it wasn’t clear when I literally just asked what you mean?

This is what I was referring to, if you weren’t sure what we were referencing. It’s since been removed, whether you did it or a mod did.

You are not allowed to name folks that you want to bring attention to. That is considered a form of harassment and you can and will be reported for that.

5 Likes

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000256989 Please point this out I don’t see it anywhere

Nowhere does it say “you’re not allowed to put a persons character name in the post.”

Flag them on the forums, right-click and report in game.

Yeah that’s why I made this post, the flag was not there.

You naming a character that you’re battling with invites others to possibly pile in on that player as well. There are means to report players properly. No matter if it is a poster on the forums or someone in game who you may think is botting or cheating - it doesn’t belong on the forums. You report them with the tools at your disposal. Flag them on the forums, right-click and report in game.

10 Likes

Leilleath is correct. We consider the practice of ‘naming and shaming’ harassment on the forums. If you believe a post is in violation of the Code of Conduct, you may report it. If you find yourself unable to report the post with your currently selected posting character then you may need to spend more time browsing the forums / participating in discussions to earn that ability for that character.

However, you seem to have identified that your other character had the ability to report so you can instead use that. Keep in mind that using multiple characters to report the same post multiple times is considered abuse of the forum reporting system and will result in removal of your posting privileges. We don’t like to take this sort of action, but if we see systems being abused we will.

I have blocked them but they still show up.

I will also note that blocking/ignoring on the forums is character profile specific. So if you’ve switched to a new posting character, you will need to ignore them under that profile as well.

We have some updates we’d like to make to the forums in the future to make this more intuitive, and share more of these functions across your character profiles. Until that can be done though, you’ll need to maintain each forum posting profile separately.

17 Likes