Unable to play Kyrian/NF. No soulbind access

What covenant are you doing? It shouldn’t be that difficult to unlock the first soulbind. For me, my warrior turned 60 yesterday. I chose Venthyr. When I hit 60, I got the quest to head to Sinfall, and do the RP intro, after I get my powers, they gave me an option to skip the tour, and then I went to the thingamajig that you do your soulbinds at. One or two quests and bam!!, Nadjia(spelling) was unlocked. Do you have the Reknown boost?

I think we’re getting some wires crossed here. Olberon has said they will try completing those quests to see if that helps to allow them to progress. I don’t know if the skip option will be provided again, but if those steps allow them to move forward that is definitely a good thing.

Now, I don’t know if the behavior that was illustrated would be considered a bug or not, that is why we wait for QA and the Development team to make that call. Generally, the option to skip certain content is only available until you complete a certain quest. Usually, if you are speaking with an NPC and see the skip option, you are intended to use that skip option at that time. Doing anything else, including turning in the quest that leads you there, is often an indicator you don’t want to skip.

Two things with this situation. Completing another quest entirely that isn’t associated with the NPC that allows you to skip does seem a bit confusing. That may or may not be considered a bug, and definitely worth QA taking a look.

The second is, while it may not be considered a bug to lose the ability to skip when you turn in the quest to the NPC that allows you to skip but there is always room for improvements to what you may see (i.e. Warnings, etc…).

2 Likes

NF and Kyrian. Yeah it looks like you lose the ability to do that if you turn quests in in the wrong order. I have a few videos of the repro above. That’s exactly what I did with Necrolord, but I hit this issue with NF/Kyrian. Necro was fine though.

I do have the renown boosts and everything yeah. The best advice I’ve gotten as a workaround from Vrakthris is to try to do the quest to deposit 1k anima and see if that unlocks the soulforge, so that’s my best bet now. That’s advice that I wouldn’t have gotten if I had just put this into the Bug Report forum so I’m glad I didn’t.

Oh, there is an item where you get the reknown boost you can buy to get 1000 anima for your reservoir. That might speed things along.

We’re on the same page. I agree with the summary, thanks. I’m going to try that later. I’ll wait for an update from you though before doing the full story to unlock the soulbinds in the hope that the skip option is restored in a patch because its very painful to do these campaigns for the 5th time.

2 Likes

That first part wasn’t specifically directed to you, Olberon. I was just trying to stave off any back and forth that I saw starting.

As for updates. I don’t know if I’ll have anything. If completing those quests allows you to continue that might be the best we can hope for and I wouldn’t want you to not play at all because you are waiting for a possible bug fix. Any bug fix may likely just be to resolve the initial issue and not retroactively grant the skip option. I’ll be happy to provide any updates I come across though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t think it counts towards the quest :(. I’ll try it of course but anima in your bags usually doesn’t count, and I’ll have to switch to another covenant to get the item and then switch back. Definitely open to other suggestions though. I think the world bosses might be the fastest way?

Would bosses will do it. I got 500 from the one that is currently up. AND if you have Korthia open, getting the rest will be a breeze, just kill rares

Ok, we have great news. Doing the quest to deposit anima looks like it restored everything. I was able to bind with pelegos, which unlocked the soulforge. Then, for some reason, Mikanikos was waiting for me to soulbind as well, as though I had done the skip (but I never did), but I’m not going to complain about that.

Thank you for the help Vrakthris. I’m going to confirm this on NF as well.

EDIT: It works for NF as well. Even though I never took the skip option, doing the anima deposit quest one time was enough to skip anyway. The soulbinds were hanging out outside of the forge. I’m all set.

15 Likes

I know it’s an old post, but I’m currently facing the same problem, and i don’t even have the anima quest available.

No, you wouldn’t, you aren’t there in questing yet and really, that was direction for Olberon, and doesn’t really apply to you. :slight_smile:

You need to complete several of the quests that introduce you into the Kyrian covenant.

If you open up your map and view Bastion, you’ll see a quest indicator for “A Proper Reception”. You need to complete that and the follow up. When you get to “Of Great Renown”, you should be given the option to skip the campaign.

6 Likes

When is this getting fixed? it seems like a very simple bug fix that would save a lot of players a ton of time. I have about 8 alts that i would like to start playing but not if there are issues with the time skip. Its a bug so why we not fixing it?

What getting fixed?

Simple would assume that it happens to everyone and therefore easy to reproduce.

I’ve done the skips on both my NA and EU accounts without any issues.

Fix what? The other posters in this thread all didn’t do enough of the covenant introduction quests to get the skip. There was no acknowledged bug. If there was, Customer Support would not normally have that information. QA doesn’t take bug reports from the Customer Support forum and the SFAs here are not liaisons with them. Most/All the Blue posters (employees) that post in Customer Support are in Texas and QA is in California. They don’t even see each other in the cafeteria.

7 Likes

I’m not aware of anything requiring “fixing”, Baconstab. If you review this thread, everyone having this “issue” simply hadn’t completed the appropriate quests yet. To unlock the soulbinds on an alt you need complete several of the introduction quests to get to the skip option. This is usually the quest that introduces the character to renown.

If you go beyond that quest though, the skip is no longer available.

If you are trying to skip the Kyrian chapters, it looks like you already completed “Of Great Renown”.

8 Likes

I believe there definitely is a bug, I changed from Kyrian to NF with my DK, I already have 80 renown with all Covenants in different alts. I completed the introduction quest to renown, but somehow I ended up without the quest to unlock conduits. At the moment I am in the Daughter of the night warrior quest and still no conduits. I don’t have soulbinds, I can’t see Sanctum upgrades, nothing. I tried completing the 375 anima deposit but since I was unable to deposit in my covenant I went to Zereth Mortis to do it. Finished the quest and still unable to have soulbind or sanctum upgrades

Then you need to file a bug report.

1 Like