Covenant sanctum completely bugged. No access to soulforge. Can't use any soulbinds. Trivial Repro steps

Is there any listed in the world quests today? Thats how i got my first one. If not, i have no idea what is going on then.

Hes talking about the people you bind with, not conduits.

2 Likes

I know that. I had no one to talk to when i did the 40 renown deal, and had 3 of 9 chapters auto done when i hit the cov on my alt Druid the other day. NEVER got a quest to talk to anyone to open the forge. I brought a bind, and it finally opened.

1 Like

You got it into an ok state by getting a conduit in a world quest? I mean, I’m desperate so I’ll try it I guess.

1 Like

Yes. I actually brought one of those Korthia deals and clicked on it in my bag, and it opened.

1 Like

Which deal was that? You mean you the conduit upgrade item?

1 Like

Yes, that cresent moon thing. It will add conduits until you have all for your spec, then it will start upgrading them. Thats what i used to open the forge.

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have Tier 6 rep on this guy so I’ll have to test that by waiting for conduit RNG in the world quests

1 Like

Is that the alt you are stuck on? I never needed tier 6 Archiv to get the drops, even when Korthia was current. Always get them from nests, chests, or shrooms.

1 Like

Yeah it is. I guess I can do korthia to try to get an item by RNG, good point. I hate Korthia but I hate not having soulbinds a little more

2 Likes

Hear that! Korthia has been a wasteland the last couple days, and at every time of day. Today it is doable because theres more than 2 players there, unlike all day/nite Friday and Saturday!

1 Like

I just got a crescent. I’m going to try to use it in Kyrian home land next to the forge…

Ok, that didn’t work but it did prove that I’m absolutely bugged. It actually caused the soul forge to open and I could see the impossible state of having Kleia but not having Pelegos. After I close the menu then the soul forge returns to being unclickable and I have no path to unlocked Pelegos (who should have been first).

This is kind of crazy. And the reply I get from customer support is this

We really do appreciate your contact and your patience during this time. Wish you all the luck with your future adventures and a nice day!
Best Regards,
Game Master Inasray

And then he closed the ticket. Like, wut? Is there some other place players are supposed to get support besides the support tickets?

2 Likes

If it is a bug then CS is not authorized to do anything in game unless the Devs tell them they can with an approved sequence of events.

BUT you can ask for more information on the Customer Support forum. It serves as an Information Desk and is not a means to contact GMs. Folks can help you troubleshoot and at some point a Blizzard Forum Support Agent may chime in with any ideas they have. They can also tell you how/if you should re-submit it and under what category.

To do that - go to your first post in this thread and hit the EDIT pencil. From the drop down list near the Title, change it to Customer Support and it will move your thread for you.

5 Likes

Try opening another ticket - explain the situation with a link to the video. This looks like an unpleasant bug. When I had a major bug a year ago it took a few tickets and some patience on my part to get it fixed but it worked it’s way up the chain to someone who could take care of it.

Good luck

:cookie:

Ok, that stinks! Do as the poster below you said, and resubmit this under the CS forum. They will help. Sooner or later a GM will get it. Had a problem with my hunters pet bar not showing up after dismounting a mount, they helped within an hour.

How did that even happen? I wasn’t even offered Kleia or Mikanikos as soulbinds until I finished the quest to soulbind with Pelagos. :thinking: I hope somebody in CS can fix it for you.

Yeah that’s what I’m confused about too.

The covenant campaigns are very structured. You can’t even unlock Kleia or Mikanikos until you’ve unlocked Pelagos and completed the quests to access the forge. And there aren’t any ‘extra’ quests to do at the same time either, you literally get no callings or additional covenant quests until you’ve unlocked for forge.

Could be the result of an installed addon, but I don’t know.

1 Like

This is apparently not something new. There is a thread here that doesnt appear to have any fixes, and its not the only post on the problem:

No Soulbinds after swapping covenant on alt. Main is 80 and campaign has been completed - Support / Bug Report - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

I’d suggest you make a detailed post on the Customer Support forum and indicate that you aren’t the first with this issue and see if you can get help from a Blue. Tell them your character, its renown level, etc, all the detail you can. And good luck! Let us know if you get helped.

2 Likes

You say you’re 6/9 in the campaign, but did you actually do the quests to explore the sanctum? I notice you cut the NF video with you interacting with Moonberry without actually picking up the quest she offered.

When I swapped to Kyrian on my hunter, I turned in that 5 souls quest from Bolvar and it removed the “I’ve seen this before” option from Adrestes…so I just did it again.

Yeah it doesn’t matter. Picking up the quest and exploring the sanctum makes no difference.

Solution: Unable to play Kyrian/NF. No soulbind access - #29 by Olberon-kiljaeden