Covenant sanctum completely bugged. No access to soulforge. Can't use any soulbinds. Trivial Repro steps

EDIT: Solution Unable to play Kyrian/NF. No soulbind access - #29 by Olberon-kiljaeden

EDIT: Someone moved this to a bug report. Please don’t do that. I have a separate bug report in there that no blizzard reps have looked at in weeks. This is here because I need someone to intervene on my behalf so that I can play the game again. There are actually zero blue responses in the bug report forum and I don’t want to wake up every day and log in to check if they saw my post by seeing if its still broken. I literally cannot use the covenants that justify my continuing playing the game. I need help.

I just moved this here from General after some people recommended I do so. I’ll just update this with a brief description and reproduction steps

Problem

If you return quests in a certain order then you’ll be locked out of the soulbind skip for 9.1.5 AND placed into a broken state where you’ll never be able to click on the soulforge. You’ll also fail to unlock the first soulbind in the covenant. Progressing through the campaign is possible. Even unlocking the second/third soulbinds is possible (but not the first), but you’ll never be able to use them.

Repro steps

• Have a character with 80 renown
  • Have all of the campaigns from 9.0 done on alts
  • Switch from your main covenant to a new covenant. In my case, this was Venthyr (80) → Kyrian on my DK, Kyrian (80) → NF on my Warrior
  • Pick up the quests you see available to you in the covenant swap area. For Kyrian, you’ll get Elysian Hold and Return to Ardrestes. For NF you’ll get The Boon of Shapes and Flutterback.
  • Do the opening ceremony for the covenant. On Kyrian, this is that kneeling quest outside of spires of ascension. On NF, you kneel in heart of the forest surrounded by all those blue creatures.
  • For Kyrian, if you complete Return to Ardestes before taking the covenant skip option then you can never unlock your first soulbind or use the soulforge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftQRJJ6J-Dg.
  • For NF, if you complete Flutterback before taking the covenant skip option then you can never unlock your first soulbind or use the soulforge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFs5wQtTRoc

To make things more lame, you can actually get the soulforge to open to demonstrate that things are completely broken. I’m 6/9 Kyrian campaign on my DK, so I’ve unlocked Kleia, and I can see a broken soulforge IF I use one of the crescent conduit upgrade items. It triggers the soulforge to open even though I can’t click it, and I can see that I have kleia unlocked, but not Pelegos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ9bcLn6bxQ

It’s been over a week like this and I really want to actually play 9.1.5. I would appreciate any attention I can get on this towards a fix.

Original Post

I’ve got one bug opened for it here: Can't skip Kyrian campaign after mistakenly finishing a quest

This post sums it up: Covenant sanctum completely bugged. No access to soulforge. Can't use any soulbinds. Trivial Repro steps - #17 by Olberon-kiljaeden.

AFAIK I’m hosed without support, unable to every actually use Kyrian/NF and Blizzard’s support is the only option we have for support. Trying to get some attention on this because its so insane that my character is in this state.

TLDR, if you return quests in the wrong order then you’re unable to access the soul forge, unlock soulbinds, OR skip to unlock all of your soulbinds, regardless of any of the normal prerequisites like 80 renown on a character and previous completions on other characters. Support won’t be helpful either.

We really do appreciate your contact and your patience during this time. Wish you all the luck with your future adventures and a nice day!
Best Regards,
Game Master Inasray

And then they’ll close the ticket.

1 Like

Did you do Threads of Fate? If you do that all you do is talk to them to unlock once you do the first one (unless I am remembering incorrectly). They were just there on my toons with a quest marker.

:cookie:

3 Likes

Can you be more specific about “them” and “first ones”? I just did another test on my Warrior and it looks like if you turn in certain quests out of order then you just get into this bugged state where you can’t skip anymore.

Here is the repro: https://youtu.be/KFs5wQtTRoc?t=266. (30 seconds)

You can see the option vanish if you turn in the other quest for the main story, which is what I did on my other character by mistake. Now I can’t actually skip on either of them, and I can’t seem to unlock soulbinds at all.

The blizzard support ticket was extraordinarily unhelpful as well. I think he literally googled solutions and pasted them into the chat.

1 Like

Try getting a soulbind, i did and was able to finally open the forge. The items from Korthia also give you binds.

1 Like

That’s the issue, the soulbinds never unlock. I’m 6/9 on story progress on Kyrian and I still don’t have a single soulbind. I’ve already done the soul bind ceremony for Kleia but it just has no effect.

Is there any listed in the world quests today? Thats how i got my first one. If not, i have no idea what is going on then.

Hes talking about the people you bind with, not conduits.

2 Likes

I know that. I had no one to talk to when i did the 40 renown deal, and had 3 of 9 chapters auto done when i hit the cov on my alt Druid the other day. NEVER got a quest to talk to anyone to open the forge. I brought a bind, and it finally opened.

1 Like

You got it into an ok state by getting a conduit in a world quest? I mean, I’m desperate so I’ll try it I guess.

1 Like

Yes. I actually brought one of those Korthia deals and clicked on it in my bag, and it opened.

1 Like

Which deal was that? You mean you the conduit upgrade item?

1 Like

Yes, that cresent moon thing. It will add conduits until you have all for your spec, then it will start upgrading them. Thats what i used to open the forge.

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have Tier 6 rep on this guy so I’ll have to test that by waiting for conduit RNG in the world quests

1 Like

Is that the alt you are stuck on? I never needed tier 6 Archiv to get the drops, even when Korthia was current. Always get them from nests, chests, or shrooms.

1 Like

Yeah it is. I guess I can do korthia to try to get an item by RNG, good point. I hate Korthia but I hate not having soulbinds a little more

2 Likes

Hear that! Korthia has been a wasteland the last couple days, and at every time of day. Today it is doable because theres more than 2 players there, unlike all day/nite Friday and Saturday!

1 Like

I just got a crescent. I’m going to try to use it in Kyrian home land next to the forge…

Ok, that didn’t work but it did prove that I’m absolutely bugged. It actually caused the soul forge to open and I could see the impossible state of having Kleia but not having Pelegos. After I close the menu then the soul forge returns to being unclickable and I have no path to unlocked Pelegos (who should have been first).

This is kind of crazy. And the reply I get from customer support is this

We really do appreciate your contact and your patience during this time. Wish you all the luck with your future adventures and a nice day!
Best Regards,
Game Master Inasray

And then he closed the ticket. Like, wut? Is there some other place players are supposed to get support besides the support tickets?

2 Likes

If it is a bug then CS is not authorized to do anything in game unless the Devs tell them they can with an approved sequence of events.

BUT you can ask for more information on the Customer Support forum. It serves as an Information Desk and is not a means to contact GMs. Folks can help you troubleshoot and at some point a Blizzard Forum Support Agent may chime in with any ideas they have. They can also tell you how/if you should re-submit it and under what category.

To do that - go to your first post in this thread and hit the EDIT pencil. From the drop down list near the Title, change it to Customer Support and it will move your thread for you.

5 Likes

Try opening another ticket - explain the situation with a link to the video. This looks like an unpleasant bug. When I had a major bug a year ago it took a few tickets and some patience on my part to get it fixed but it worked it’s way up the chain to someone who could take care of it.

Good luck

:cookie:

Ok, that stinks! Do as the poster below you said, and resubmit this under the CS forum. They will help. Sooner or later a GM will get it. Had a problem with my hunters pet bar not showing up after dismounting a mount, they helped within an hour.