Threads on the game's direction is not deleted cause your thoughts are wrong but

You…still did not read my post. At all. You completely misused that quote.

Yeah, OP is racist as hell. Not even trying hard to mask it.

1 Like

I’ve been on the end of a thread deletion before.

I usually understand in retrospect that usually as long as it can cause a big difference in opinion it can be deleted. I had asked a question once that had gotten someone stirred up so much they called me a troll and tried flagging everyone in my post against me.

Since then I just avoid making topics (unless they’re like technical questions) and mostly participate in threads instead.

1 Like

Politics is not a topic for GD, that is why. Simple as.

I get it’s easier to make yourself into a victim of a one sided culture war but this isn’t the place to discuss it. Companies do not owe you a platform.

Also likely due to every single one of those threads devolving into more TOS violating posts.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, this does mean that the people mass flagging are winning and getting their way. Constantly, they will come into threads and say stuff like

“I can’t wait for this thread to be deleted!”

Or

“This user should be banned and suspended.”

Etc etc.

So it unfortunately lowers the amount of things you can even talk about anymore. I don’t want this forum to end up like the subreddits of other games where they censor all discourse.

So why is the LGBTQ thread still up?

2 Likes

Probably the same reason this thread is still up.

or this one.

or part 6 of this one.

They are not political in nature and follow the forum rules. It’s not one sided. It’s that some people just can’t follow the forum rules.

7 Likes

False. They are just allowed politics. If someone made a thread called Straight People lounge, all genders allowed, we both know it would be down within ten minutes.

3 Likes

It is weird. I wrote a pretty straightforward criticism post a while back. No insults or curses, nothing political in anyway. When it was removed I was honestly blown away. I asked and the comments I got were pretty staggering. I don’t come to the forums much and posting is extremely rare for me. It’s painfully obvious that if you aren’t a blizzard fanboy you aren’t exactly welcomed around here. Not sure if it’s to try to keep the fires down or just people running this forum are actually just extremely protective of the game. Either way a forum is supposed to be an open area for discussion…the insta delete of stuff people don’t agree with is silly. It makes it very apparent that the forums are solely for entertainment purposes and absolutely nothing on here can be taken seriously. It’s not real.

3 Likes

People have made those…and everytime it almost immediately devolves into attacking other groups so they quickly get deleted.

It seems the people that create “straight people” threads have very little to talk about other than not straight people.

3 Likes

The ones who attack are usually those who come in and say immediately that the straight people must hate gays and other LGBTQ people. Always. The threads get deleted cause of the gaslighting and insult throwing…but always from the side that “on the right side of history.”

2 Likes

Victim complex much. Get off the net ffs.

1 Like

Exhibit C.

1 Like

was this thread about gus the poodle?

You don’t think people do the same thing in the LGBTQ thread?

They do. But the people there are mostly smart enough to flag and move on without engaging…i.e. they follow the forum rules.

4 Likes

Not even proof. You scream like a victim about nothing.

Now you’re being disingenious. The same thing happened in deleted threads.

The difference is that we are not a protected class on this forum.

1 Like

Maybe. It was hard to tell with all the yelling.

2 Likes

lol. Oh no. I’ve been in there when many (most?) of them have gone off the rails. 100% there is nobody flagging and moving on, lol.

3 Likes

They were deleted for being against CoC.

3 Likes

Rather convenient to invade threads, throw out insults like racist and sexist, mass flagging people. It’s like coming into a city and causing a riot over a tantrum of not like hearing things you don’t like and then blaming the city for letting your kind in to begin with.

1 Like