Thoughts on WoW Token in Wrath Classic

Point of clarification here → token does not create gold, it is sold from player to player for their [already-existing] gold. I am not clear if there is an auction house cut on tokens (I don’t think there is?) but if there is, tokens would actually be pulling gold out of the economy in that case.

E.g. Player 1 buys token from shop for real world currency. Player 1 then sells the token on the auction house. Player 2 buys Player 1’s token thru the AH. Player 1 gets Player 2’s gold. Player 2 gets game time. Token is created and consumed in the process; Blizzard gets real world currency; Players exchange gold.

1 Like

Yeah, cause if you actually had a decent game to play you’d be doing that, but here you are, making yourself a clown on the forums of a game you don’t even play.

Ive been enjoying JJ. Started a paladin and bought a token to get epic flying on two alts. Its been a great week. Its good to take a break though and not play 24 hours.

In what world GMS are better than an automated system?

So Blizzard should invest billions of dollars to combat the bots? Blizzard doesn’t have an infinite amount and an infinite amount of time to combat the bots.

Alright Blizzard should hire 200k+ gamemasters just to combat the bots… lmao

2 Likes

That youtuber would probably ban any death knights they happened to see on the /who list too. Then Blizzard would be stuck with the false flag appeals.

1 Like

haha.

due to extreme load this is temporarily being shown to everyone as a logged out user would see it

haha. thoughts on wow token in wrath classic:

botting n gold buying r big problems in da game right now funneled through gdkp.

take a look at dis guild asking for da gold cap to be raised.
Gold cap too low . plus da same guild asking for nerfs Nerf Ulduar .

a guild officer dat also sells gold on a discord while also running a gdkp discord. note da ranks n color of their name in da discords.

imgur. com/a/YdnNCOj

haha. here is a photo of a guilds guild master telling buyers in da gold selling discord how to get priority spots in da gdkp discord. note da ranks n color of their name in da discord. green is gdkp leader.

imgur. com/a/yboW7Pw

screenshot of dat same guilds gdkp discord promoting da same gold selling discord. haha. note da ranks n color of their name in da discord. yellow is leader.

imgur. com/a/GyQcgZf

dis one gold farming operation had 45,000,000 gold sold in tbc classic with da price of 12 usd dollars per 1000 gold. imagine how much has been sold in wotlk.

540,000 usd real life money earned through one gdkp selling gold to people. no one can say dis does not ruin da spirit of classic n promote pay to win culture. too much gold in da game from bots.

think about all da other gold farming operations on da classic servers. dis is just one example.

dis is a lot of real life money being earned.

haha. so funny.

6 Likes

So RDF when?

11 Likes

Oh and this is BS if the token is legitimately proportional to what people will pay for it then it belongs in classic era just as much as wrath classic.

But thanks for admitting you don’t actually care about trying to recreate the wrath experience.

6 Likes

They forced out all the previous developers and CS THEN forgot that policing the actual game was important, instead of making it the playerbase’s problem.

It’s a combination of all those things.

When Omar left - so did the heart of the game.

Because kernel anti-cheat is dumb, malicious, and just waiting to be exploited. Code isn’t the be-all-end-all that you naive children think it is. Less is always more and Ring 0 is for hardware drivers not inane and ineffective anti-cheat measures.

Nor have I, unless it was a question of very little importance. Customer “Support” for Blizzard products ended in 2010. It’s completely inane.

1-month “free trial” of DF. OMEGALUL

There isn’t.

Private servers have made it work. I will not elaborate further.

I do not agree with token being added in classic. Ever.

6 Likes

That is assuming Blizzard doesn’t step in if the market is stagnant. I could see a scenario where they generate the gold to keep the tokens moving.

Not saying that is the case; however it’s possible. I mean who really knows they are not exactly transparent with these things and even if they say they don’t. Not sure Id believe them.

8 Likes

I do understand Blizzards Only responsibility is to stock holders. The point of disagreement is how to best serve them. Happy customers are the best way.

5 Likes

Well no, the tokens do not work like normal auctions, hence why you can’t post them at whatever price you want or actually see who is buying or selling them or for that matter have yours not sell.

There is a black boxed algorithm that kind of emulates auctions but is not true auctions since of course the point of the token is to make blizzard money not function as a legitimate in game item.

3 Likes

What a long post just to justify your real hidden motives behind token: Doubling sales through 2 different wow games having them. Its all about $$, wonder why your player base is decreasing? Your literally just milking people as walking wallets, nothing else. Remove the wow token or show your true face of greed.

9 Likes

“We’ll do better”, they promise for the thousandth time.

12 Likes

I will never give you money for a WoW Token. I want to actually play the game and gear my characters up legitimately. Paying for gear takes the fun out of character progression. However I would like RDF to be added to make running dungeons to level up actually possible on dead servers and dead hours on bigger servers. Example: I’ve been looking for Zul’Farrak group for 3 hours and haven’t seen a single tank or healer in the LFG tool. It’s all DPS. Running a dungeon is currently impossible because there’s nobody to tank or heal around my level. RDF is more a need than a want at this point. Please just add RDF.

13 Likes

It’s very silly, how can they not realize that permabanning the buyers is far more effective than banning the bots/sellers? Apparently they think killing the supply is better than killing the demand. Ridiculous.

5 Likes

So many words to say so little of actual worth.

I don’t envy the person who was likely forced to write it because you are attempting to defend the indefensible. I am more annoyed at the insult to the intelligence of the playerbase. You are really trying to sell the idea that a company with near limitless assets is completely at the mercy at third party gold traders and the only possible solution just happens to be one that nets your company yet more money?

You know things are bad when even the excuses for money-grabbing are getting weaker and weaker.

8 Likes

I feel as if we’re being gaslit here

19 Likes

We definitely are.

11 Likes

This post should have been created MONTHS IN ADVANCE of the WoW Token going live, and should have been an open discussion/feedback gathering exercise to gauge the reaction of the community.

Instead, you post this days after you completely blindside everyone by pushing it live without any communication.

Regardless of the justification for adding it now, the way it was handled considering how many times over the last 4 years we’ve been told that the WoW Token would never come to Classic is a complete dealbreaker for trust going forward on what you say will or will not be in Classic.

Adding the WoW Token wasn’t the dealbreaker Blizzard—how you added it was.

18 Likes