The Wrath Era Thread

Looks like you have about 50 people who are excited about this…

Not saying forums are a great indicator of anything… But 50 people only on forums means that vast majority probably don’t care either way. Meaning they will BUY the Cata pack for the mount and maybe even the boost…

What monetary incentive would there be for Wrath Era? Please be creative…

im a little curious about this, I dug through my email and found the survey after they talked about it being a data set for their decision to go forward with cata. I never even knew there was a survey, and dont care about checking the email account that my account is connected to. How many people who are playing frequently just never knew there was a survey?

1 Like

I’m not going to pretend to be an expert in WoW analytics… But the survey is just one method for determining how the players will react. There are other metrics also… Keep in mind that many retail players will also be hyped to come back to the start of “their” classic…

Picking people blindly is probably the best way to determine unbiased views. Yes there are other methods but none of them show an overall view.

So? What if the “retail” players (what you mean are people that left long ago but not for the same reason you did [Cata]), are now the majority? Why would Blizzard cater to the minority now? In that case, Wrath Class would have never released in the first place. The minority wanted to stick to Classic (and TBC later), yet they released Wrath.
The issue is that Wrath babies are such a vocal minority its insane

That statement was a reply to why the Cata survey would used to determine whether or not to make Cata classic. I was just suggesting that retail players who are Cata enthusiasts would be another reason. Not the only reason… I think it’s relevant to that discussion.

As for Wrath Era… Yes, it is a vocal minority from what I can gather but my biggest question is how does Blizzard make money from wrath era?

Barely any. Most people dont even pay their sub, they use 3rd party websites to get buy tokens which we know is a loss for Blizzard

Then the likelihood of them getting a era server is low… As they (Blizzard developers) said it fractures the already fractured community even more.

Let’s face it if we were to really get personal with everyone who plays wow we would find out all sorts of ridiculous suggestions for how the game should be made/improved/extended…

So it’s in Blizzards best interest to have their own goals and not totally rely on surveys, forum polls and social media…

1 Like

Hmmm from what other person have I heard that before from :thinking:

Someone is using alt posting it seems

Correction Majority, but keep coping and seething

4 Likes

yup and i dont care if its private or blizzards, i wont go to Cata so i’ll probably head to a private server.

2 Likes

Reading is hard. I said minority.

Well the money might be more from the wow token as for each sub gives a certain amount each token would give 7$ net more as the player buying will spend 20$ and the user 13$ (assuming 6 month pack). So the game needs whales but while wrath is great it might not have been the best expansion to add the token. I think tbc honestly given the really high value high demand glaives and legendary bow would have been a good place to plop the token. But the no-changes movement was still strong then but we sort of know no changes was kind of dumb.

Wrath can probably make money but without a confirmed server we have no idea how much after cata, I would guess enough as the game runs on nostalgia and shadowmourne hella nostalgic.

2 Likes

comprehension is harder, I said Majority.

2 Likes

They can just do what Vanilla did and make a cloning service, the community seems to be voicing constantly for Wrath Era realms here. Hopefully they listen to them.

It seems every few day I come here to check, it’s people constantly asking for Wrath Era minus the few bad actors “cough” “cough” Yehmi

2 Likes

This is the clearest example of confirmation bias I’ve ever seen. This tiny little outcry for Wrath era is but a small fraction of those asking for rdf. And that took sustain pressure for a year to get rdf added. Even back in vanilla classic during phase 2 the requests for a solution/change was massively bigger than this. And that was just a problem on pvp servers and didn’t affect pve servers at all. If blizzard was ever open to adding wrath era this tiny outcry on the forum just convinced them they were right and it wouldn’t be sufficiently profitable to add it for such a fringe minority of players.

I watched these exact same arguments be used against the exact same number of people asking for RDF. Your own example doesn’t support you.

You think it doesn’t because you’re misremembering. There are dozens of rdf posts with over a thousand responses with hundreds of likes. The wrath era posts barely get over 100 replies and several 10’s of likes. It’s just not that popular an issue here. Look at this thread. 75 replies and 55 likes. Compared to this rdf thread. 1505 posts with the op getting 196 likes. I could easily find a few dozen rdf threads with well over a thousand replies. Wrath era threads barely get over a hundred

1 Like

1.) It was proven demonstrably that RDF people were liking their own posts on alts
2.) Trying to do 1:1 comparisons on the forums, at different time periods and with different numbers of topics.

Sorry bro, but some people just don’t care to join you on the downhill ride that is Cataclysm.

Same with pro-Wrath lol. Even got mass reported by alts like 4 times already

1 Like

I doubt that was ever proven. There were a lot of accusations. There always are. I was accused of being a sock puppet a few times when I only posted, or liked, on one character. I’ve seen the same accusation made against those against rdf and wrath era supporters. I just ignore the accusations made by those who agree or disagree with me. But you can cling in vain to that belief if it gives you comfort.

I don’t care if you join me. The evidence is clear that those who won’t move onto Cata is a slim minority. If they unsub it won’t affect us at all.

It’s not, actually, and if it were conclusively demonstrated that “Forum Posts” were up to your liking, you’d simply move on to the “Forums aren’t representative” routine, because that’s how this song and dance always goes.

1 Like