The Wrath Era Thread

Well the money might be more from the wow token as for each sub gives a certain amount each token would give 7$ net more as the player buying will spend 20$ and the user 13$ (assuming 6 month pack). So the game needs whales but while wrath is great it might not have been the best expansion to add the token. I think tbc honestly given the really high value high demand glaives and legendary bow would have been a good place to plop the token. But the no-changes movement was still strong then but we sort of know no changes was kind of dumb.

Wrath can probably make money but without a confirmed server we have no idea how much after cata, I would guess enough as the game runs on nostalgia and shadowmourne hella nostalgic.

2 Likes

comprehension is harder, I said Majority.

2 Likes

They can just do what Vanilla did and make a cloning service, the community seems to be voicing constantly for Wrath Era realms here. Hopefully they listen to them.

It seems every few day I come here to check, it’s people constantly asking for Wrath Era minus the few bad actors “cough” “cough” Yehmi

2 Likes

This is the clearest example of confirmation bias I’ve ever seen. This tiny little outcry for Wrath era is but a small fraction of those asking for rdf. And that took sustain pressure for a year to get rdf added. Even back in vanilla classic during phase 2 the requests for a solution/change was massively bigger than this. And that was just a problem on pvp servers and didn’t affect pve servers at all. If blizzard was ever open to adding wrath era this tiny outcry on the forum just convinced them they were right and it wouldn’t be sufficiently profitable to add it for such a fringe minority of players.

I watched these exact same arguments be used against the exact same number of people asking for RDF. Your own example doesn’t support you.

You think it doesn’t because you’re misremembering. There are dozens of rdf posts with over a thousand responses with hundreds of likes. The wrath era posts barely get over 100 replies and several 10’s of likes. It’s just not that popular an issue here. Look at this thread. 75 replies and 55 likes. Compared to this rdf thread. 1505 posts with the op getting 196 likes. I could easily find a few dozen rdf threads with well over a thousand replies. Wrath era threads barely get over a hundred

1 Like

1.) It was proven demonstrably that RDF people were liking their own posts on alts
2.) Trying to do 1:1 comparisons on the forums, at different time periods and with different numbers of topics.

Sorry bro, but some people just don’t care to join you on the downhill ride that is Cataclysm.

Same with pro-Wrath lol. Even got mass reported by alts like 4 times already

1 Like

I doubt that was ever proven. There were a lot of accusations. There always are. I was accused of being a sock puppet a few times when I only posted, or liked, on one character. I’ve seen the same accusation made against those against rdf and wrath era supporters. I just ignore the accusations made by those who agree or disagree with me. But you can cling in vain to that belief if it gives you comfort.

I don’t care if you join me. The evidence is clear that those who won’t move onto Cata is a slim minority. If they unsub it won’t affect us at all.

It’s not, actually, and if it were conclusively demonstrated that “Forum Posts” were up to your liking, you’d simply move on to the “Forums aren’t representative” routine, because that’s how this song and dance always goes.

1 Like

It’s not about what I like or don’t, it’s about watching what happens on the forum and drawing conclusions from it. During phase 2 of vanilla classic there was such a massive problem with ganking on pvp servers that players couldn’t even get to dungeons to do a run. I always play on pve servers so I didn’t experience any problem. I didn’t care about the problem or whether it ever got fixed since I never played on pvp servers. But it was clear from the outcry on the forums this was a big issue. I don’t know how to find the vanilla classic forum posts where ever they are in the archives and I don’t feel like spending my time finding them but it clearly was a massively more important issue than wrath era is now.

Again, you’re not just innocently drawing conclusions, because you’ve set some arbitrary standard for “what counts as a forum outcry” and if that’s met in a few months, suddenly you’ll shift to “forums aren’t representative.”

You have an axe to grind with WotLK. Idk why, I really don’t care, but I’m not going to pretend this hasn’t been the routine for people that have these weird ideological hangups with player requests for decades at this point.

1 Like

That’s not true.

Creating Duplicate Threads

This category includes:

• Creating threads about existing topics
  • Creating a separate thread about an existing topic for further discussion in more than one forum

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, they will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

There were many many threads on this topic already.

Sorry, I am. One reason I watch the forum is to see where the energy is for certain changes. Back in BC classic there were several of us arguing that dual spec and rdf should be added to BC. We were quite persistent but I knew it would never be added. Almost no one joined us no matter how persistent we were in keeping the idea on the front page. There was no general forum outcry for it. We were less able to create a substantial number of forum threads than the wrath era people and miles from the outcry created by rdf, or pvp-ers during phase 2 Vanilla classic.

It’s not about what I want or don’t want. It’s just my objectively looking at the size of the outcry for certain changes.

I really don’t. Like the pvp situation in phase 2 of Vanilla classic I don’t really care what blizzard decides. Either way it won’t affect me at all.

Anyone who is persistent in posting and generally makes good points will eventually be targeted with flags and accusations of being a sock puppet. No matter what the argument someone on both sides will do it. I just had another of one of my flagged posts reinstated by the moderators a few hours ago. Flagging a post just makes it more likely people will read it. On long threads people will skim over or not read some posts to save time. But every post that’s hidden will be read. People will want to see why the post was hidden and always click on the reveal hidden post button

The worst time I had with it was when I was arguing against multiboxing. All the multiboxers had several accounts so any one of them could get my posts flagged. They’d follow me around, or it could have been just one person, and flag every one of my posts no matter what the topic was. The moderators just reinstated them the next day so no harm done. /shrug

1 Like

That’s a boat load of copium.

1 Like

I would like Wrath era servers as well.

I’d pay the character clone costs for more than 1 character.

1 Like

I would to brother. I truly do hope they add like 2 permanent wrath classic servers.

1 Like

Thank you for your opinion - no flame

Thanks! Appreciate your feedback