The Toxic Parse Culture is Ruining WOTLK

Don’t you guys think the parse culture is making WOTLK worse? I mean, what does parsing even mean in P1 when the raid is as easy as the heroic dungeons?

Do you really need a 3rd party website to tell you if you are having fun in an MMO? If so maybe you’d be happier in a game with an actual competitive scene like OW2. Of course you’d need skill for this… You can’t just cheese it like you can in WOW by using exploits and bugs.

Classic is not designed to be competitive (in PVE). It’s a social MMO meant for hanging out with friends. You kill the boss and you get the loot and you hang out with friends. Relax and have fun for once in this social game.

Also, parsers, no one cares about your logs man. Stop showing them to other people. You are like the annoying neighbor who just had kids and thinks everyone wants to see pictures of them wherever you go. They really don’t. Just keep your parses to yourself. Hang them on your wall in a nice picture frame or something so you can remember them when you are old and still trying to parse in classic wow.

The only thing people actually care about is what gear you have, not how you got it. GDKPs have proven this.

If you want to be competitive learn to PVP and then someone may actually care about your rating. No one is going to remember your parses.

74 Likes

36 Likes

Yeah this guy turned out swell. He’s not insane or anything…

7 Likes

Inb4 the basement dwellers enter and say it’s a you problem

22 Likes

You wish you had a cult following.

10 Likes

I’m all for the parsing culture.

Because you know retail is bringing some of it’s toxic culture into a game where the classic community wants to ruin the game for others with it’s toxicity as well. Balanced. At least it’s a team effort to tear it all down… maybe they’ll relaunch WOTLK in 10 years, CORRECTLY.

2 Likes

Evidence of OP being a toxic parse shamer.

65 Likes

It seems weird that you make a thread like this after you’ve spent the evening parse-shaming people (which isn’t even allowed as per the forum CoC).

You seem to care about parses a lot, people who do not care don’t use them to attack others.

Of course you’re just trolling again.

10 Likes

You can’t really control how people play. Blizzard has a hard enough time controlling their community.

Just let people play the game how they enjoy it and just focus on yourself?

Live and let live.

4 Likes

You are the biggest hypocritic you talk about the toxicity of logs but then in another forum post, you are judging ppl based on the logs.

How’s about you start posting on your lvl 80 and put your money where your big mouth is!

11 Likes

Oh in more shock news, if you click Frosstfire profile you get “this profile is hidden”

You good sir are a waste of space!

14 Likes

OP makes a thread about parse culture being toxic and then parse shames another poster minutes later.

20 Likes

I mean, it’s Frosstfire. There’s a very strong chance anything they’re complaining about is truly a them problem.

5 Likes

No I think it makes it a lot better and gives raids a lot of replay value by allowing players to set personal goal to try and improve on themselves.

Shaming it is toxic

4 Likes

Most people i’ve seen here shaming others for their parses are usually alts or retail avatars with no logs. Burning people on their parses are lukewarm at best.

3 Likes

I just have a toddler following on these forums.

2 Likes

If the content was as easy as you say it is you wouldn’t have grey parses lil bro

1 Like

Prove I have grey parses? I play on Skyfury and am an undead male.

I’ll wait…

1 Like

I think parses are what you make of them. I like them to see how I can improve. Other people use them as a way to suggest someone else is somehow inferior to them in life, and that’s kinda sad.

Maybe you should work on that.

2 Likes

Yeah like your friends on this forum. They should be ashamed and you too.