The Imperial Tournament 🐼 (RPPvP) 450k+ Gold Prizes

The Imperial Tournament

Flyers, inscribed elegantly in Pandaren with some crudely translated common in small print at the bottom, are posted publicly where Pandaren frequent, as well as the notice boards of Orgrimmar and Stormwind. A brush-ink drawing resembling a location and place are attached to the following:

Through the wise lessons of Kang, the examples of Xuen, and the convictions of Shaohao—the Pandaren people have a culture of strength and martial prowess honed by a legacy of care and wisdom unrivaled. Thousands of years ago, our Emperors would invite scholars and warriors from all corners of the land to inspire greatness and reassure the citizens that Pandaria was home to the most talented defenders the world had known. Come join us once again, in a tournament of the era, where we witness the finest fighting talent known in the land and re-affirm ourselves to the legacy of our most respected of leaders.

The Steelpaw Shaodin welcome you to a martial arts clash of the ages!

The Imperial Tournament calls for you!

When: October 19th 5PM ST
Where: Jade Temple Courtyard

In honor of the Steelpaw Shaodin (WRA) reaching it’s 6th year anniversary milestone we have decided to host an event dating back to our roots and values since the guild’s inception. Finding a cohesion with RP and PvP, the Steelpaw Shaodin will be hosting a dueling tournament with the winnings totaling to 300,000 gold grand prize and more to the first place winner with a myriad of runner up prizes to those who also fight valiantly.

Prizes will be offered not just to the victor of the rounds but in the spirit of the contest recognition and prizes will be distributed to those whom also provide entertaining and skillful matchups. Not everyone can win, but those who show honor, sportsmanship, and determination in the duels outstanding above the rest will be noticed and rewarded.

This is a dueling/pvp tournament. Your gear and skill will matter. This event is hosted with an RP theme and premise but those signing up for the contest should have that in mind.

Rules:

-Preliminary match ups will be out of a set of best of three, with other preliminary fights rotating out to provide cool down relief and for combatants to form strategies. Semifinals and final match-ups will also be best two of three.

*The above is subject to change, depending on number of participants and projected length of the tournament. We do not want to subject players to sit at their desks doing nothing for 4 hours.

-Basic arena rules apply including:

• -No Potions
  • -No Flasks/Elixirs
  • -No Gadgets or Engineering items
  • -No novelty or specialty items outside of the toolkit of the class itself.
  • Single stat buff food is allowed and will be provided via party/raid feasts.

-Combatants will be inspected before each duel begins to ensure players cooperate with the rules. Any infractions will be asked to adjust and deliberate violations or repeat cases will have the participant removed from the contest entirely.

-Tanking and Healing Specs will be prohibited from this tournament. Such specs in the current BFA meta sit outside the realm of fair and competitive in the arena of duels and as such are not acceptable in this tournament. Gear that typically supports taking or healing roles such as builds with high stamina or avoidance is fine.

Sign ups will be done via this thread or by contacting myself LianshĂ­ via in-game mail

Story

To fortify the narrative presence of the event we need volunteers to play roles outside of the guild/Steelpaw faction.

Faction Envoys/Representative: Excluding individuals, Pandaria as a whole has remained stalwartly neutral in the Blood War in spite of what seems to be growing vestiges of Azerite sprouting on Islands nearby and able fighters abound in their homeland. While the Steelpaw have long welcomed the support of the Horde, the hosts have invited representatives from both factions as diplomatic guests. Under the terms that they will be cordial during the tournament, diplomats are welcome to tactfully pitch their cases to fighters and even bystanders in support of their causes.

• Horde:
  • Alliance:

Shado-Pan Represenative: The Shado-Pan remains the final defense of the nation of Pandaria and a school of warriors formed by the will of the Last Emperor himself. Though the group as a whole may be apprehensive of the Steelpaw hosting a tournament where Waring groups may be in participation, the Shado-pan are invited to participate in the tournament itself, with one representative present to make sure that Pandaria’s best interests are still served by the event.

10 Likes

FAQ

Why PvP?
The Steelpaw Shaodin formed out of friends who were enticed by Pandaren RP but also enjoy putting their skills(and gear) against other players. In a homage back to that same principles, we felt a big dueling tournament would have been the best way to kick off 6 years of RP and our close knit community.

Explain the RP Premise again?
The Imperial Tournament is a contest which fighters and combatants from all over Pandaria would be invited to showcase their skills before the Emperor and their subjects for both entertainment in addition to assuring the populace of the nation’s strength. The victor would be known as the Champion of the Land with all the rewards and favor such accolades would offer. The Steelpaw Shaodin are reviving this tradition, offering a massive prize pool and “treasures” of the kingdom to entice fighters from all over Pandaria and even beyond.

Meanwhile, the representatives and officers of the Horde and Alliance, respecting Pandaria’s neutral stance in the war, have sent both envoys and fighters to court the nation’s myriad of factions to their cause. They will behave, for now—but not without presenting enticing offers and keeping an eye on whom the opposing faction is sending out as well.

Are Non-Pandaren allowed to fight?
This is a Pandaren centric/focused event with Pandaren characters and culture primarily in the spotlight. However, non-Pandaren are allowed to compete with that in mind.

Are there gear restrictions?
As of this writing there are no IlvL caps or specific gear restrictions. As the tournament date approaches and we receive feedback or examine controversial items in game we will update this post upon any specific items prohibited from the tournament.

What is the prize payout?
As of this writing the prize payout is the following.

• 1st Place: 300k Gold
  • 2nd Place: 100k Gold
  • 3rd Place: 50k Gold

*Donations and sponsors can change the base payout and values may vary upon tournament date.

I’m Alliance and your guild is Horde. Am I allowed to participate? If I win how would I get paid?
Gold is primarily funded through the WoW Token buyout and prize money will be allocated through an event host and then deposited in the winning participant’s account.

I’m from MG. Can I fight as well?
We welcome persons from our neighboring RP servers to view the fights. We’re currently discussing the matter of participation internally as we figure out phasing and prize money in the event of an off server victor, among many other things. We will update this section when a verdict has been made.

I don’t want to fight but can I just watch and RP?
Absolutely! Keep in mind of chatter and chat spam during duels or when the hosts are speaking to avoid distracting or missing vital information. But come through and bring friends!

Warmode On or Off?
Warmode Off with Raid/Parties made by a host WrA character to localize as many people as possible to a single phase/shard

Can I donate money? Or some other prize?
Absolutely! We would accept all gold and other prize donations to fatten the reward pool. We are happy to host this tournament but all donations go directly making this event all the more memorable and spectacular.

Character Name-Class-Guild

List of Combatants:

• Xiang-Mage-Kai Zhang Society
  • Zisho-Monk-The Volkar Legion
  • Liuxing-Mage-Steepaw Shaodin
  • Topsail-Hunter-Southfury Watch
  • Buliss-Hunter-The Volkar Legion
  • Kostco-?-Southfury Watch
  • Zulric-Monk-The Grim
  • Zhaoblossom-Warrior-Steelpaw Shaodin
  • Gronkie-Warrior-Guildless
  • Zyrept - Warlock - Eternal Creed
  • Remyee-Hunter-Broken Horn Limbflayers
  • Sun Huo-Hunter-?
5 Likes

Would like to go but I work :confused:

1 Like

Sign me up, representing the glorious Pandaren Empire.

2 Likes

Can’t go because Jan-Mak is wanted dead, but I’ll be sure to show this to the Vol’kar discord. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You got a month to call in sick. :sweat_smile:

We got you in.

You’re on nuetral ground here! Put a hood on and come in all incognito!:sunglasses:

1 Like

This looks like a lot of fun! Put Zisho down as a combatant, though he might need to come wearing a disguise given the current Horde happenings.

1 Like

I will post this in the Rokh’tal discord. To try to encourage some participation, or at least spectators to show support. The last arena event was fun to witness!

1 Like

I’ll go on my mage, I’d bring shaman, but actually want to win. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I must participate for the sake of honor.

2 Likes

PvP is the Devil…buuuut, best of luck with this, Lianshi :):sunglasses:

PS: Your kung fu is still weak…:smiley:

2 Likes

Would love to participate, but I’ve been shirking on my PvP gear on all characters since like… Mists. Might drop in to spectate, though. Sounds like a blast!

2 Likes

I’d like to come watch as well! Best of luck with this!

1 Like

All gear is PvP gear. If you got a solid IlvL and some skill to boot, give it a whirl! And I will take this time to remind everyone that we’re also giving out consolation prizes even for those who lose, but put up an impressive fight!

Also a sign in template has been made. Everyone who has already expressed interest is good to go!

1 Like

Looking forward to it.

I’ve been debating whether to enter or not. The struggle is real.

2 Likes

Sounds rad! Though I won’t be entering, I can’t wait to see the fights!

I forever suck at PvP so I can’t take part but if I’m not working I can stop by on maybe a healer or something

We could use more entries. Four combatants; that’s like, what, four matches?

I was excited until this :frowning: I fight with beer, or not at all.

1 Like