The genius of fresh start TBC only

{ Before getting into the topic, this is a reminder that Classic players were told that what we play now would be a museum of sorts, so no player has a legitimate basis to qq about a fresh start only TBC release. }

Sentiment about gold carried over to TBC has recently cast shade on some player’s hopes. Gold hording is a predictable problem. It is not the most significant reason for fresh start TBC imo.

Sentiment about recreating the original experience by forcing all servers into TBC does seem logical, yet it ignores the fact that Classic is not the original. Nothing can recreate the past. The original development path was an intent to maintain a progressive game state, so the old world was replaced by the new world. The original game sold only the latest expansion ruleset, which is now oft named “retail” or “modern” WoW. Classic is not that.

So, in thinking about what Classic truly is we discover the genius of fresh start only TBC. Classic (vanilla) was made for fans who would not take no as an answer. True fans. Die hards. This is why #nochanges was a thing. They wanted an uncorrupted “vanilla” experience. This is why Classic (vanilla) was supposed to be become a museum piece. Everything was a tribute to the fans. It honored them as they honored the game. Now, in regard to a TBC release, the spirit ought to be the same, to grant those pure fans of TBC a chance to seek glory in that world alone. An uncorrupt TBC is important. We cannot ignore the entryism of the swarthy retail crowd who regularly troll the Classic community with suggestions that could only corrupt our experience. They are not us. They will just as happily follow the retail path of forced progress, boosters, “QoL” store items, and etcetera. It is all corruption. They are not here for vanilla or TBC. They are here to satisfy their insatiable need for WoW daily tasks in any form. Fresh start servers are the only way to serve the need of only the pure TBC fans. It was meant for them.

10 Likes

Oh look, another classic player complaining about how retail players play the game. What are you trying to accomplish here? Let’s say they do go your route and do fresh TBC. Do you think that fixes the botting and gold hording? You can’t be that obtuse.

10 Likes

how do i actually start my own forum?

1 Like

Alliance is a dead faction if you do fresh start. If everyone is starting from level 1 there is literally zero reason for anyone to play anything but BE. The race was designed to attract players to the horde, a fresh start forces everyone to play horde. I hope you don’t like pvp, because you can’t add Merc mode to classic BC, #no changes am I right?

Also a fresh start just delays the inevitable, the players with tons of gold now, will once again have a ton of gold a few weeks after hitting 70. Same way top raiders stay top raiders, and top pvp’ers stay top pvp’ers. If you’re good at something no amount of fresh starts helps anyone catch up, it just gives the illusion that they have a chance.

20 Likes

This. This is such a dumb topic. From blaming retail players for how Classic turned out to assuming that fresh means no botting and gold farmers it just smacks of stupidity.

10 Likes

Man imagine posting this when you also posted this gem of a thread.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/a-final-plea-for-classic-not-tbc/785106

6 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. How many people who did pirate servers were excited about F R E S H. “I’ll get scarab lord this time, 12th time’s the charm right?” And the same guys who got it the first 11 times will get it again.

And with regards to botting and gold selling they’ve seemingly done nothing to stop it in classic, what makes anyone think they’re gunna come down super hard on it in BC?

1 Like

It’s not start fresh because it’ll get rid of gold selling and botting that’s just obvious.

Starting fresh will put everyone on the same playing field instead of going into dark portal and being able to buy everything you need right on day 1.

You can’t buy gold day 1 on a new server to get an advantage.

1 Like

Give it 2 weeks

6 Likes

Who cares if someone can buy flying day 1. Everyone’s gunna have it pretty quickly anyway. I’m not leveling from 1-60 again. It’s a waste of my time so someone who’s garbage can feel better about themselves. If you want to do 1-60 content play classic, it’s not going anywhere

7 Likes

It definitely won’t be as prominent and impactful as it is in Classic in just two weeks.

It’s not just flying, its literally any and everything.

1 Like

Yes it will. The bots programming has been written. Blizz has shown they won’t do anything to really address it. These farmers will be super efficient. They will snipe auction houses. They will sell boosts for people rerolling. And within a matter of weeks we will see the same hyperinflated economy we have now. Without a real comprehensive solution package put forth by the devs we will be exactly where we are in a short time.

1 Like

The real genius is actually by having more arguments like these, the more chances of blizzard providing both progressive servers and fresh start servers :wink:
So we can all split up and have fun on our own servers.
:cocktail:

5 Likes

Players can do this now with addons this isnt something that is unique to bots,

They would do this reguardless not to mention that AOE caps on Mages was curtailed greatly. So there is not going to be some massive market for mages to aoe grind instances at the same rate. Yet leveling sales has been part of RMT for a long time.

Selling what? The items that every other person is currently out in the world trying to get? Botters will end up doing the same thing they did in the past. Going to Vanilla instances to farm straight gold to sell. Its far better time investment than it trying to compete with every player looking for items in the world. The ROI on farming old content for gold is going to be better. Why? Players are going to care less about who is farming old content for mats that dont really matter. That and there are just less need for most things in TBC outside a few primals, the market isnt going demand as much.

Jewelcrafting, and tailoring mats come to mind if they can monopolize the markets. Spellstrike and shadowweave mats will be stupid expensive. Camping nodes for JC like they do/did with lotus spawns. And alchemy mats will always be valuable.

Edit. This is exacerbated if they keep the server size to spawn rate ratio like what happened in classic as well

The problem is that players are already going to be lining up to get nodes on any fresh server and there are FAR more nodes for gems then there were for lotus. So you cannot control the node market in that way.

As for cloth they are going to level up to max spend thousands on crafting then pump out a whole…1 extra cloth per cooldown to add to the market. You clearly have no idea that RMT people want to get returns quickly. If they do anything, and they will, it will get getting to 70 and doing VANILLA content. Raking in the gold per hour from just vendors over trying to compete with the sheer number of nodes and players that are out in TBC.

Im wondering if you did either JC/mining or Tailor in TBC to understand just how little impact you can have on those markets by having characters that do them vs just having raw gold.

Nope I was LW because my guild to me to, which will happen again no doubt. But i am much less confident in it course correcting itself than you seem to be. Not unless blizz makes real changes to prevent it and or crackdown on botters. They always seem to find a way. Hell, even in retail where the token exists and gold is devalued they still persist. I just dont know Mel

Im not saying there wont be bots. The mere fact they infest the live servers as much as they do is clearly showing us blizzard cares as much as there auto system is set to remove them. The diffrence in live is that you usually dont see them in the new areas overall. Or they go find a corner to sit in so they dont get reported.

In Classic there is no area and the highest value items (that they can literally teleport to cause thanks blizzard) is the Lotus. However, TBC does away with those issue. That is to say that bots are going to go find what is the highest Farm per hour for gold and do that instead. Usually running old content will net them better restults than trying to compete with Players getting reported and eventually banned (when the system feels like it)

1 Like

Ok some people will get some pre raid items faster, again who cares. You’ll be replacing all the stuff with actual raid drops anyway. And pvp gear is earned in pvp. Consumables are much easier to farm yourself and much less of them are “required”. All you need is a flask and a pot, no more elixir stacking, so you won’t see the ridiculous prices you see in classic.

And what makes you think people won’t buy/sell gold in BC anyway. A fresh start doesn’t get rid of it, just delays it for a week or 2. A fresh start solves literally nothing, other than making the game a single faction game, as there is no reason to roll anything but BE if it’s fresh.

1 Like

Hyperbole aside, the amount of gold that is on any med- high pop server far outstrips what players will make and spend going into TBC. It will take far longer for servers to get to the fortunes that gold sellers and buyers are currently able to get. Or even the mage farmers. Given that you need to level a character AND deal with the AOE caps. You are looking at Prot Pallies pulling old content to inject raw gold for players and botters to to… well what they are doing now in the old world instances.

1 Like