Thank you Blizzard for the conduit change

Blizzard confirmed conduits will become similar to essences in the sense they ll be added in a permanent collection to use, the great news?
People can change conduits only ONCE PER WEEK

Once again Ion is saying to everyone that they need to learn to play the game by finding a build, and STICKING WITH IT, no longer should you change builds for every single boss and dungeon to be optimal!

So if you ask yourself what does this change achieve? It stops tryhards from changing builds between each boss and dungeon, like Ion said, if there’s 3 hunters, all 3 of them shouldnt be the same because they change to most optimal set up, instead find a build you like and stick with it for all bosses.

source:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-conduits-update/596481

9 Likes

Player feedback matters.

Spread the word.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :100:

4 Likes

I caught a Ralph thread in its infancy!

Also once a week seems too harsh. You don’t need to limit it that much to stop people from respeccing for individual fights.

36 Likes

You can still swap to a different soul bind or choose a different path through a soul bind during the week. You just can’t swap out the conduits more than once a week.

It’s a little harsher than I expected, but shouldn’t be too bad.

1 Like

It is there to stop people from trying to change between “im gonna have a build for raids for the next 3 days, then change to the m+ build for the next 4 days.”

You find the build you like and stick with it both in m+ and raids and all content : D

Why would it matter if someone wants to changes numerous times.

42 Likes

Because tryhards would keep changing to optimal conduit set up for each boss and dungeon or content.

Blizzard’s goal is to eradicate that way of playing

4 Likes

Except that’s not how this works. It’s never worked like that in the history of WoW. Even with talent trees no raid would take a mage that is split between all three trees. You followed a cookie cutter build just like mage #1- 5000

18 Likes

you are so uninformed its painful … time to block you … just cant read your nonsensical drivel anymore

here’s a tip, you dont work for blizzard … stop trying to pretend like you know why they are doing things. you dont.

31 Likes

So? Doesn’t affect your game play at all. If you don’t want to play at the top level, then don’t.

11 Likes

Well tryhards did, many of us who are also raiding still choose to stick to the build we enjoy but the tryhard toxic mentality dominated so blizzard realized it is time they intervened to stop them

1 Like

Because if they let it happen it will become the “meta” and trickle down to content where it doesn’t matter and shouldn’t be needed at all but like everything else will be required for pugging. Better to not let it happen at all and have the top players simply play at the limits blizzard sets instead of punishing the majority of players who don’t want changes in instanced content.

4 Likes

It dominated because it was built to work. Nothing more to it, nothing less.

7 Likes

Funny us non tryhards still manage to clear content without meta build hmmmm

2 Likes

There’s still going to be a meta, just more limited and less customize-able. You’re still not going to be able to choose what you want, rather you’ll have to decide if you want to be able to do dungeons or raids at a higher tier, and be declined if you choose the wrong setup for the week.

3 Likes

Maybe because we want to complete ridiculously high levels of content and in order to do so we need to be optimal.

That’s like bringing a Honda Accord to a drag strip when I have a built Vet parked in the garage.

Basically what you’re saying is since we have 3 conduit choices, I’ll have to make a second Druid purely for raid so I can have an optimal set-up for progression, then have second one for when I’m pushing keys.

I mean I’m not opposed to it, but I’d rather have a stock of conduits in my bank at that point.

4 Likes

What if I need diff conduits for PvE and PvP

Say I wanted to grind arenas after my raid.
Guess I can’t be good in rated PvP at all because I can’t change my conduits for a week!
Sorry, but I don’t like being LOCKED into being only good for raids for a week when I like to PvP too!

(also, commenting on a Ralph post)

13 Likes

I know what I’m getting into here, but is there a chance you can explain why that is a bad thing without resorting to anything that can be summed up by saying you have a vendetta against “try hards”?

3 Likes

Ralph my friend. You do you. I really don’t have the time for this.

3 Likes

Well I personally won’t have to worry about any of that because I joined a guild that does mythic raiding content and yet we still all plan to play what we want because it doesn’t actually matter if you’re not pushing world first or gladiator.

3 Likes