"system just now — Automatically removed quote of whole previous post. "

In the past couple days about eight of my posts have automatically been edited to remove the quote of what I was replying to. Is this some intended feature for people who’ve had multiple suspensions or is this system bugging out on me?

Yes. Multiple, I know. I get snarky sometimes. They’re well earned.

2 Likes

Sounds like a moderator is busy at work. If the quote was inappropriate, of course they are gonna remove it.

3 Likes

It’s literally an automatic edit by the system. I can take a screenshot of it for you.

Or you can see it in action in literally this very post.

2 Likes

/sigh

It’s not automated…

1 Like

“It’s not automated…”

https://imgur.com/a/QfSKQhk
4 Likes

looks like a bug, make a post in Website Bug Reports.

1 Like

Honestly I just want to know if this is an intentional thing by Discourse or Blizzard moderators. If it’s a consequence of having 3 suspensions whatever, I’ll deal with it. What gets me is that I can still quote posts half the time but the other half they’re just instantly unquoted. I directly quote almost everything I reply to, so it’s obviously very annoying.

1 Like

So, the forums are getting pretty regular updates that include bug fixes and sometimes new features/settings. This system edit is a new feature that we’re giving a go.

Essentially, if you’re directly replying to someones post then you don’t need to quote their post. It’s a little redundant since the forums now show what post you’re replying to in the UI. If you quote a post in a direct reply, the system will edit the post and remove the quote as a form of tidying up.

It should only be doing this if the quote is in a direct reply and completely intact. If you are quoting someone who wrote something very long and you break up their quote to respond to specific elements of their post, it will leave the split up quotes in place.

I hope that helps clear up what has been going on :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Thank you Kalviery, I can understand the reasoning behind it at least. Knowing I can still break up longer quotes is perfectly fine imo, I’ll just have to break the habit of a full quote whenever I’m replying to someone directly above me.

Much appreciated, friend.

1 Like

This is a test. Because I’m skeptical.

1 Like

Your post isn’t a direct reply to me. Mastadon’s deleted reply is still technically below mine.
Quote this in its entirety.

I quoted yours.

Quoting yours in response. Let’s see what happens.

Double quote.

The rabbit hole is dug ever deeper! What even is reality? What are the specifics on this auto-edit? :tired_face:

Triple header

2 Likes

Multipost quote

LOL Sniper I was skeptical too. It did not auto delete the quote, so I deleted the post.

Same thing just happened to me with a post I made, so I looked up why I got the automated message. This post popped right up. So thanks Dreta for making this post

3 Likes

This keeps happening to me now. Do not like it. Turn this “feature” off.

2 Likes