I have a sort of question

sorry if this is really dumb question. I have 2 questions. 1. I tried to quote a post but the system then tried to remove it…I dont know why i dont think it was breaking any rules at all in post i quoted I’m not trying to contest forum moderation I’m just really confused and a bit scared. don’t want ban again. I readded quote should i delete quote to be safe? i mean i pretty sure its not breaking rules why would system try and delete it? Is there a specific reason? or is system going overboard?
2.would a thread about a in game lag belong in tech support because i make thread but it not receive answer should i open ticket? because this lag is borderline game breaking for me. It only happen after the new buff for experience gains or rep or whatever. I uninstalled classic wow as suggested it did nothing. uninstalled addons did nothing. its not my internet all other online/offline games work fine no lag or in my browser. this relatively newish computer 3080 graphics card 10th gen 10850k cpu. so idk why its lagging so much.

I’m sorry if this wrong forum.

Did you try to quote the whole post and your reply was next in line? Usually replying to someone leaves an indicator who it is and quoting the whole post isn’t necessary.

1 Like

Were you quoting from the post above you and quoting the entire post? If so, that is why the system removed the quote. If you are the next poster, you can’t quote the entire post before you without the system "eating’ it; but you can quote parts of it just fine.

If you haven’t gotten a response on the Tech support forum and you need help with a lag issue; a ticket would be the best next step.

2 Likes

yes this exactly how i replied. i am sort of tired forgot to place it below quote. will i get banned for putting it back up properly? ill delete it if need be its not worth risking ban.

3 Likes

it was only one quote and was only 2 sentences long or maybe one.

Those other games and sites probably don’t route through the same server paths as you would when connected to Battle.net.

Yes, post in tech support - but you’ll also need to include other information, such as a WINMTR report etc, that shows the network paths.

If there is a problem in any one of the servers you’re passing through, it’ll affect your connection to the game.

Another thing to ensure is that your hardware drivers are up to date.

2 Likes

As far as the tech issue, you could post there. Officially though a ticket would be best as neither forum is a bypass to contact support.

Specify also whether it’s a high ping, fps drop, memory leak, etc. If your having a high pimg having traces, fps drops could be a driver or heat issue and a dxdiag might help, some addons can be memory hogs. A ticket path will show you how to collect this data.

2 Likes

okay.
what is a winmtr report and how do i make one?
and what about system quote post am i in trouble now?

No, you’re not going to get banned, nor is the sky going to fall.

Check out the sticky posts in the tech support forum. It’ll outline what, and how.

2 Likes

10 characters

Similar to not quoting the post above yours, I could not just quote another post without adding text.

2 Likes

im not saying it is. im just worried that im doing something wrong.

Hi Breadisfunny! To be entirely clear, the quote removal is automated and in no way shape or form contributes to any reports going to any moderators. Simply quoting a full post that gets automatically tidied up by the system is not a violation. That is nothing more than the forum system automatically reducing clutter.

3 Likes

okay so i read the post and not sure this is the right solution. im not having disconnect issues. I’m getting into the game fine and stuff. but when i get in the game lags/stutters/microstutters. this is THE ONLY GAME THAT IS DOING THIS. NONE OF MY OTHER GAMES ARE DOING THIS. gonna try and see what happens but not sure its this.

You would want to post in the Tech Support forum for connection issues.

1 Like