"system just now — Automatically removed quote of whole previous post. "

Keep in mind that its existence is to reduce redundancy.

You can either 1) do a direct reply, which automatically provides a direct link back to the whole post, or 2) do a general reply and quote the whole post. You just can’t do both together.

4 Likes

That is not correct. I did a “general reply” to Apsects’ post above and quoted him yet it automatically removed the quote.

Just to be clear the general reply button is on the bottom of thread with a blue background, and the direct reply is under the specific post you are replying to on the lower right.

None of this is a direct CS issue.

This forum is primarily for in-game, policy, and account issues.

3 Likes

You would need to pursue this issue in the Website Bug Report forum.

1 Like

You’ll wish to add your feedback to existing threads here:

3 Likes

Your reply shows up as a direct reply to Aspects post. If you check Aspects post, you can see “1 Reply” which can be expanded to show your post. Similar to how my post should appear as a reply to yours once posted.

My goal in responding to this thread was to let folks know that they weren’t getting in trouble - that these edits weren’t a moderator or anything disciplinary.

If you do have bugs to report or feedback to provide, please do! But also keep in mind that depending on the severity, there may not be immediate movement on such reports.

3 Likes

I’m with you there. It’s not consistent. A couple times today, I did both and it didn’t remove the quote.

There maybe hidden conditions that we don’t know about, or it may be buggy still.

1 Like