Sync exploiting is out of hand

They have not…
In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitch, or use elements of a game system in a manner not intended by the game’s designers, in a way that gives a substantial unfair advantage to players using it .

Cheating

You are responsible for how you and your account are represented in the game world. Cheating in any fashion will result in immediate action. Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.

Exploiting other players is an equally serious offense. Scamming, account sharing, win-trading, and anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh penalties.

Well, this doesn’t apply. The queue isn’t bugging or glitching.
The queue was put in the game with the intention of using it.

So it’s working as intended, and being used as intended.

2 Likes

It sure does, Raids are not meant to join together in random bgs. You are circumventing that by sync queuing.

it’s a 4 year old thread LOL

Are you that incapable of reading the scroll bar on the side

You know what, I’m just going to report and move on, especially when you have linked the same thing 3 times already. You just want to spam because you do not like the answer, especially when there is already other active threads already on the same topic, here in General Discussion

1 Like

You said that once already. Also, false reporting is not allowed. But you clearly don’t care about rules.

There hasn’t been an answer lol and you are the only one spamming.

Ya that’s how forums work lol you already spam reported this, and they put it back up, so you have your answer.

I have every right to report any post if I feel it does violate the Forum Code of Conduct.

2 Likes

TBQH, it’s you people (those defending the exploit) that are arguing in bad faith when citing the article, which is not really an article but a blue post.

The action was against the addon, yes, but the rest of the Blue posts were a clear explanation of why they did it, which lines up perfectly with the current situation:

The normal Battleground queue is for players to jump in and play against other players in a similar situation.

Regardless, it’s not meant for organized groups to “pug stomp” and get quick Honor. We have built in outlets for players that want to organize–if a competitive, social experience was really the goal, then there are clear ways to achieve that.

The ultimate effect that this kind of queuing has had is to drive players away from PvP. Perhaps it’s been a long time since you’ve been in a random group, but a lot of players will see that they’re up against a premade and simply quit. At best, they suffer through it. To an extent premade groups count on this. Heck, one of the popular addons announces opposing players that appear to have rage quit.

What is true that there’s been an increase in pre-made groups disrupting the PvP experience for other players, though. Pre-mades in the normal queue, however they are formed, are not something that we’ve ever been particularly fond of.

^ This is exactly what’s happening, again, this time without the addon facilitating the process.

The core issue is exactly the same.

We could stop arguing since Blizzard’s current ruling is “silence”, which indicates they are observing and might take action against this (again) soon, but clearly both sides still want to press their narrative, so here we are…

2 Likes

Not if it’s false reporting lol Also again that post does not apply nor does some random dude change the rules for the game. So, keep spamming anyways.

They are using an addon they are just lying about it. Just watch Inemeis videos

1 Like

Can’t be false reporting if there is an active thread already up on the subject, you posting a new one to bring eyes to it because you expect some blue to respond and give you an answer is quite ridiculous.

They have more important things to work on, irrelevant pvp isn’t one of them atm

1 Like

Again, this post has already been spam reported and put back up, so he is wrong.

2 Likes

Basically, you’re just making up the rules to suit your way…

Well, I’m moving on. Sorry OP if you do not like your answer, but the answer has been made clear, queue-sync is allowed. Just can’t be any way of automation in order to do it.

Before you assume me as a he, I am not a he. Would be better if you went with “they” if you didn’t know who I am behind the monitor.

The TOS is my rules? wild lol

You have said that 3 times now lol please do it already.

Not getting into this BS lol

The means do not matter. They could be using a specialized hardware, smoke signals, voice comms, whatever.

The fact is that this bypassing of the party limit on premades wasn’t seen as “ok” before, and definitely shouldn’t be seen as such now.

However, the best we have from Blizzard is what Vrakthris posted, so that’s the most current “ruling” we have on the matter.

Do bring it up though, as it must be changed.

1 Like

So, given that you’re still posting here, Blizzard’s ruling is no exploit.

If it were an exploit, your post in CS which detailed quite clearly how to do it would have been met with a permanent ban from the forums, not just close and unlist the thread, since that is the rule for discussing how to perform an exploit and/or how to cheat in game.

Just a quick note, if there is an addon that is helping in order to do it, then yes, that addon should be reported to hacks@blizzard.com

There is nothing against doing it manually, but can not be done through via addons.

Cherry picking again I see.

The normal Battleground queue is for players to jump in and play against other players in a similar situation. We realize that it’s not a perfect system, and we’re still looking at ways to improve normal Battleground queues further. Regardless, it’s not meant for organized groups to “pug stomp” and get quick Honor. We have built in outlets for players that want to organize–if a competitive, social experience was really the goal, then there are clear ways to achieve that.

Was the rest of that quote. Last time I checked, 40 pugs running around like headless chickens was not a similar situation to a well organised 40 man premade team with voice comms etc.

It’s almost like you’re taking that article out of context to suit your narrative?

I knew unhiding someone who I have on ignore was a bad idea. SMH. Back on ignore you go. :wave:

2 Likes

My personal view is that of an exploit and that’s how I’ll be calling it.
I have also not “detailed quite clearly” anything in any of my posts, unlike other posters, not like it needs some genius to figure it out when it’s so basic.

As I also said, Blizzard is the ultimate judge of these matters, and it’s implied, considering their silence since 2019, that they are ok with it, for now, despite the lenghty explanation of why it was not ok in 2012 and nothing significant changing since then.

Like I also said in the CS thread, I’m only posting to present the blatant contradiction of values in their own posting between 2012 and 2019, and that was the motivator to try and get a 2024 answer.

If they think disrupting solo players with that exploit is ok in random BGs, just come out and state it. Better yet, just allow raid queuing, which is effectively the same thing.

We’d then simply likely not bother with unrated randoms anymore, simple as that.

Finally, someone who acknowledges that this action being cheating or exploiting is just an opinion.

And player opinions of what the rules are don’t have any bearing on what the actual rules are, no matter how many players share them.

3 Likes

And for the billionth time, PvP is a rolling dumpser fire that is about to crash into a fireworks factory. PvP has and never will be blizzards priority, and people will always abuse anything that they can rub themselves off to while they gank lower skilled or lower geared players.

In all honesty its just take it or leave it with PvP at this point, you either accept how PvP is in WoW and keep playing. With the latter being to leave PvP all together, like I did, because you would rather eat a bowl of sand. Than deal with the toxic players that have a short fuse, gank endlessly, or just say the most horrible things win or lose to you. Followed by dealing with the meta comps and specs that players also abuse to their hearts content for easy wins.

1 Like