Falsely flagged topics and they were deleted for no reason, no consequences for me

Maybe the OP flagged her thread about flagging threads.

Flagception.

2 Likes

Man. You’re the type to mug somebody and take a personal check.

1 Like

What is your point? You trolled, got reported, your post was removed and you got a forum vacation. Sounds to me like the system worked as intended.

6 Likes

This is disgusting and pathetic.

You think that was trolling? :roll_eyes: I think there is a moderator position for you at Activision.

1 Like

Do you have the URL’s for these threads that you reported, Nelfas? Our Moderators aren’t perfect, they do make mistakes on occasion, but what you believe may be “no reason” doesn’t always match up with what a moderator does. If the thread was iffy, they may have just removed it because it didn’t really belong.

For some clarification. Players may report a thread if they feel that it violates our Code of Conduct/Forum Guidelines. We do not penalize them if they are wrong as we do not wish to discourage players from helping their community by reporting bad posts.

That said, using multiple alts to report a post, abusing the reporting system that we have in place is absolutely a violation of our policies. A moderator may not have noticed this time around, but the penalty for that is not an insignificant warning.

21 Likes

Speaking from personal experience having tested this myself but never submitting a ticket claiming that that’s what I was doing, it’s a very very very very bad idea.

2 Likes

You want me to link deleted topics? I am not working here. How i am supposed to do that?
Mod’s do not have tools to check this?

Most posts are being reported falsely because someone does not agree with other opinion then his own. That is a huge problem. Seems that mods support fake reporting.

Yet nothing is being done about that.

I think part of the problem is, a lot of times if only one report on a post is made, the report is ignored and if multiple reports on a post is made things are taken more seriously regardless of the seriousness of the infractions or lack thereof.

1 Like

You realize Vrak is not a forum moderator right?

5 Likes

Hello Vrakthis - I know you are not a forum mod but if you could at least just take a peek at what’s going sometimes as it does indeed seem like there is some merit to these type of things going on and other stuff as well.

Either buddies or ALTS (And some are careful to have separate accounts) are gaming the forum system “hoping” that they can get someone silenced; some of the threads are created with the sole purpose of stimulating people to responding and breaking the COC.

Posting inflammatory posts then playing a victim to get people silenced.

Not trolling; just want a better posting and fun experience just a cry for help.

Thanks

2 Likes

The blues here don’t go to the other forums, let alone asked to do such by players here, as their jobs is to man this forum. More to the point, if you think a post is breaking the rules, it’ll be best to report and not come here to get a tread action.

Reporting things doesn’t seem to have the desired result, even when it’s an obvious forum violation. As others noted, it might be about the quantity of flags and then some random chance of it being noted/noticed and then you might be found to be doing something wrong yourself with these vague forum guidelines…

Honestly it’s actually quite frustrating so apologies if this seems like it was out of place.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but the blues here ain’t going to be forum moderator for any given forum because someone ask them to. Their job description is to watch over and give help on the CS forum.

Reporting posts does work, but doesn’t mean any post you report are in fact they’re against the rules. Sometimes folks disagree with one another doesn’t break the rules and the like.

Stick around the CS forum to see folks posting about they’ve been account action on the forums and in game.

This thread is more than a little nuts. I don’t know why, but players always seem to find new ways to make me shake my head and question so many things.

As others have stated - Vrak and our Blues here are SFAs. They are kind of limited to this forum, and are here to provide advice and insight. They can see things, but they are limited in what they can do. This forum though? I don’t think is really the place for this as this forum is one for players to assist other players. There are no Devs or GMs here.

In that thread, I would advise submitting a ticket with this information. I think that is the best way for those who do monitor the forums and moderate them to see what’s going on here. This is route I used recently about a forum thread issue:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1032/ticket

Everyone jumping in to complain to Vrak about the inner workings and other moderators is kind of pointless? They have nothing to do with it, save for trying to find out more information from the OP.

6 Likes

He was looking for the link for one of the specific threads if you still have it. It might be in your browsing history. That way he can look up why a specific thread/post was removed.

They don’t support “fake” reporting, but what you feel is obvious may not be read the same by someone else.

“This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.” This just means that the post was reported. The post itself is still there, you just need to click “View ignored content.” It doesn’t actually mean there is something wrong with the post.

A deleted post with no action to your account could just be that you quoted someone whose post was deleted because it’s content broke the Forum Code of Conduct. It doesn’t actually mean there was something wrong with what you posted.

Some threads are removed not because there was something wrong with the topic or even the first post. The issue could be what the thread devolved into and it’s quicker/easier/better to just remove the thread.

Having an example of what you are referring to would help Vrakthris determine what’s going on in your specific case.

5 Likes

I have noted your response.

Having said that, I have seen Vrak try to help people out who simply were not helped so that’s probably why you see so many pleas and have had to shake your head and question many things. Taking a something vs. nothing is worth the disdain and scrutiny :slight_smile:

And I took your advice before and filed the ticket and will hope something comes of it.

1 Like

Yes they do, and they do not even read what is written in flagged topics. From my personal experience. I created several topics and they were flagged as “trolling” for no reason and were deleted.

E.g. topic about playable Silver Covenant faction. Did research, not a single topic about it ever made. Created with wall of text, it was flagged as trolling and deleted. Since it was no explanation given why, i reposted again and it was deleted again and i was silenced.

I could go on forever, but nothing will change. As for OP first post, i just voiced well known secret.

1 Like

just so you know, conspiracy theories don’t fly here. Kind of stupid to think that Blizzard supports false flagging and stuff like that. I don’t know how it got in people heads that Blizzard is some sort of malevolent entity to do people wrong when ever possible

8 Likes

Kind of stupid to think that they do not support it?

Since dislike option was removed mass flagging for no reason is well known problem but nothing was/is being done for years.