Suspensions going out for cache abuse

That’s what I already asked. Blizzard really needs to release a statement and unban anyone they suspended - it’s ridiculous that their screw up has punished innocent players.

4 Likes

It have been stated that in PTR this exact thing happened, and that no changes were made in the first day obviously

You have to really go out of your way to get popped for exploiting unintentional design.

I doubt we’re getting the full story.

Running around for multiple hours killing regular mobs and looting them resulted in 7 keys, upon using those keys on a chest that was there to be looted resulted in a suspension/ban

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t even pay attention to external testing. The same things happen in the beta, a lot of information and feedback is given and nothing gets changed.

Does Blizzard even care anymore? Their QA is garbage.

3 Likes

Loot fragments -----> open chests.

thats literally all it is.

2 Likes

You can farm mobs for key fragments, use the fragments to make a key turn the key in for 250-500 visions and it lets you turn them in over and over. Thats the whole story lol

4 Likes

How? Mobs dropped the thing and people killed it, and there was no indication whatsoever that they weren’t supposed to drop the thing. Explain how this is different.

Hell, I’d wager almost every leatherworker in this thread farmed the Zuldazar hatchlings for a while. Is that a banworthy exploit? Clearly the fact that they were nerfed later means they weren’t “intended” to drop mats and we were all dirty cheaters or something.

1 Like

So whats the point of a PTR if bugs make it live and clueless people get punished for it cause they have no idea its a bug?

2 Likes

Guys, the fact of the matter is, we did farm something that blizz did not intend us to be farmed. (I’m one of the people that got banned for doing it)
Rather than saying “Oh blizz you suck for handing out bans” “this shouldn’t be bannable” can we please be a little more constructive about this, I’ve tried posting a couple of times, an easy fix for this would have been to remove the Coalescing Visions (and the war resources) that the effected people farmed doing this, instead of banning them, cause to a certain extent, even blizzard were at fault.

Though I still stand by my statement that I do not think this gave anyone an unfair advantage and if someone went out of the way and did something funny to get a lot of these chests, they deserved to be banned.

3 Likes

Except we don’t know how many people have actually been suspended for this except for 1-sided anecdotes and rumors.

Scroll up a bit and you’ll see the full story for me. I doubt that will help make you believe me, but that’s the full extent of what was done by me. Dunno what else I can say but i didn’t hide anything.

I completely agree Druiser. Well put my man

You know what? You don’t even have to take my word for it. Their GMs apparently okayed it.

1 Like

Actually I just downloaded an update as well. Just for informational purposes

It is up to blizzard what they consider banworthy and not me.

I was just UNBANNED! It was supposed to be for 7 days… check your accounts.

5 Likes

You’ve literally spent this entire thread being like “it was definitely banworthy” to now being like “well it’s up to Blizzard not me” lol okay dude.

1 Like

Then explain in your infinite wisdom how the grand arbitrator at Blizzard could possibly distinguish this from any other mob dropping something it wasn’t originally intended to.

There are several chest in each zone, if you farmed enough to turn in a key to each of them once, you would still have been banned.