Suspensions going out for cache abuse

Right but if I wanted to do it this week because maybe I wont be able to play much next week why not put extra time in this week to farm that make up run this week.

You had to farm a lot of boxes to loot an extra 10k worth and that sounds like exploiting to me.

They’re patching the game tomorrow if you guys haven’t seen the notice on the launcher

They should have been suspended for a week imo.

Right? It is capped for a reason lol. Its just saving people like 3 days of mini visions

Very time consuming but unless you are forcing something by breaking something its not an exploit. Killing mobs and looting a lootable chest sure doesnt seem like exploiting.

5 Likes

If you’re going to post against the popular idea that the suspensions were wrong, please take the time to read through a few posts made by those of us who have experienced it and see what we have to say.

2 Likes

I think, blizz was more concerned about people abusing this to farm corrupted mementos, rather than the cloak, cause you can use the mementos to research up completely and then use it to purchase sockets, mounts etc.

But i don’t think anyone reached that point, if they did, they really deserved the ban, cause I don’t think you can do that by just farming mobs.

You had to farm a lot of Timbermaw to hit exalted, but that wasn’t exploiting. It’s just how grinds work.

This is literally banning people for grinding in an MMO.

6 Likes

The cloak is capped at level 6. I mentioned this in an earlier post I made. Why should you be suspended when one chest can either offer 1/20 or 1/40 of the necessary materials to level up a singular time.

This is sad.

I opened 2 chests from doing the quests.
I opened another from farming for 30 minutes because I was close to a third.

I then stopped because it was a boring grind and thought “well grats to those hardcore enough to get on that grind”

Banning players for grinding in an MMO. Welcome to 2020 MMO.

How things have changed.

6 Likes

It is sad.

Not information was given that you were not supposed to loot more then one or two. Banning people cause of it seems too excessive. A warning would have worked better. Or why not just fix it so it is working as intended.

1 Like

For exploiting a bug they had no idea was a bug and Blizzard allowed to hit live and didn’t hotfix fast enough?

That’s pretty stupid.

9 Likes

Interesting…

4 Likes

WTBgold made a video telling people to do the farm as well

Yeah, so you are going to tell me you looted about 40 chests because you failed the Vision? Come on!

Hell…you could have saved a lot of time if you watched one video on how not to fail it.

No one had any idea that it wasn’t allowed. If Blizzard never intended it and it was a bug, it should have been caught during testing. The fact it wasn’t is mind blowing - especially that they didn’t even release a memo to people that it wasn’t working as intended.

What was the maintenance for? What was the testing for?

That’s not an answer to my question.

Did you not understand it? Do you need it repeated?

Yeah, this is nothing like the Timbermaw but nice try.

How did this bug get out of testing?

1 Like