Suspensions going out for cache abuse

You had to farm a lot of Timbermaw to hit exalted, but that wasn’t exploiting. It’s just how grinds work.

This is literally banning people for grinding in an MMO.

6 Likes

The cloak is capped at level 6. I mentioned this in an earlier post I made. Why should you be suspended when one chest can either offer 1/20 or 1/40 of the necessary materials to level up a singular time.

This is sad.

I opened 2 chests from doing the quests.
I opened another from farming for 30 minutes because I was close to a third.

I then stopped because it was a boring grind and thought “well grats to those hardcore enough to get on that grind”

Banning players for grinding in an MMO. Welcome to 2020 MMO.

How things have changed.

6 Likes

It is sad.

Not information was given that you were not supposed to loot more then one or two. Banning people cause of it seems too excessive. A warning would have worked better. Or why not just fix it so it is working as intended.

1 Like

For exploiting a bug they had no idea was a bug and Blizzard allowed to hit live and didn’t hotfix fast enough?

That’s pretty stupid.

9 Likes

Interesting…

4 Likes

WTBgold made a video telling people to do the farm as well

Yeah, so you are going to tell me you looted about 40 chests because you failed the Vision? Come on!

Hell…you could have saved a lot of time if you watched one video on how not to fail it.

No one had any idea that it wasn’t allowed. If Blizzard never intended it and it was a bug, it should have been caught during testing. The fact it wasn’t is mind blowing - especially that they didn’t even release a memo to people that it wasn’t working as intended.

What was the maintenance for? What was the testing for?

That’s not an answer to my question.

Did you not understand it? Do you need it repeated?

Yeah, this is nothing like the Timbermaw but nice try.

How did this bug get out of testing?

1 Like

That’s what I already asked. Blizzard really needs to release a statement and unban anyone they suspended - it’s ridiculous that their screw up has punished innocent players.

4 Likes

It have been stated that in PTR this exact thing happened, and that no changes were made in the first day obviously

You have to really go out of your way to get popped for exploiting unintentional design.

I doubt we’re getting the full story.

Running around for multiple hours killing regular mobs and looting them resulted in 7 keys, upon using those keys on a chest that was there to be looted resulted in a suspension/ban

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t even pay attention to external testing. The same things happen in the beta, a lot of information and feedback is given and nothing gets changed.

Does Blizzard even care anymore? Their QA is garbage.

3 Likes

Loot fragments -----> open chests.

thats literally all it is.

2 Likes

You can farm mobs for key fragments, use the fragments to make a key turn the key in for 250-500 visions and it lets you turn them in over and over. Thats the whole story lol

4 Likes

How? Mobs dropped the thing and people killed it, and there was no indication whatsoever that they weren’t supposed to drop the thing. Explain how this is different.

Hell, I’d wager almost every leatherworker in this thread farmed the Zuldazar hatchlings for a while. Is that a banworthy exploit? Clearly the fact that they were nerfed later means they weren’t “intended” to drop mats and we were all dirty cheaters or something.

1 Like