SPY is against TOS. Why are people not getting banned?

Spy clearly automates part of the game. Why are people using it not being banned? It automatically uses /tar and pulls a name from the event log, clearly against tos.

Neither problem I have about spy deals with stealth so stop commenting that I’m crying. The two problems I have with spy are:

1. You can use it to find someone’s direct location even if the player is too far away for the game client to visualize them on your screen. If you are running North for example and someone pings on the add-on, you then know they are to the North. Then if you run to the East and the player disappears, you then know that player (who you can’t actually see) is to your North-West and not the North.

2. Even if the add-on uses the event log to find enemy players like it is explained, it also give much more info about a target that you can possibly get from the event log; like level, race, and in-game coordinates the player was “seen,” even though targets “seen” are farther away than max view distance.

56 Likes

wuh? :question:

14 Likes

:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Spy has been around since vanilla. It’s not against TOS.

Get over it.

47 Likes

It doesn’t automate anything, so i’m with thunder, wuh?

22 Likes

It automatically uses /tar and pulls a name from the event log, how is that not automating part of the game?

6 Likes

That’s a bit of a reach…

7 Likes

It automates /target from the combat log. Cheers tho

5 Likes

thats not a reach, thats how it works

4 Likes

yeah it is…

no, no it doesn’t, you still have to click on their name to target them

17 Likes

Learn to rogue and get good.

Spy has been around for ever. Don’t blame an add on for your lack of skill.

17 Likes

good lord, if it auto targeted that would be freaking mess in like Booty bay

6 Likes

Er, you can not /tar what is not seen.
Since Spy announces that your combat log is showing Player Bob just cast stealth, and since Bob has of course become one of the unseen when your combat log shows this, how exactly are you going to /tar Bob when Bob is no longer /Targetable?

I get that people dont like spy, but all you do is ruin your case entirely when you hype incorrect info.

48 Likes

./end this post. lol’d hard.

4 Likes

Because we’re all a bunch of cheating cheaters and who have vowed to kill every rogue.

3 Likes

Is it?

Source please.

7 Likes

We already have a mega thread on Spy:

3 Likes

Details do the same, please before posting think twice and save the embarassement.

6 Likes

You talking to me?