Shadowlands Beta/PTR Compiled Feedback Thread

Yea the 3 mins cds and rng are killers. It makes the time with out them feel like absolute trash.

4 Likes

Hey blizzard, I respectfully ask that you revert demonology back to the way it was in MoP and WoD. The current iteration while fulfilling the “fantasy of the class” is useless when it comes to pvp. It’s the only class that can have its damage killed :joy: as well as the longest ramp time known to man. The spec has too many restrictions when it comes to Pve as well. Not having a baseline kick and having many talents tied to the felguard makes not running the felguard a huge hinderance. Please just consider it. The current iteration sees some of the least play of any of the class specs.

6 Likes

Hey everyone reminder if any of you are active on the MMOC forums to help Felplagued out, and also letting folks know the EU Warlock Forum took to compiling some of their feedback separately as well and I’ve added the document. Haven’t look through it yet but a quick glance it seemed cool/interesting/amazing effort.

Edit: also someone reply to this so I can reply should another alpha build with anything at all be released

5 Likes

Absolutely :metal:
Doing good mate.

3 Likes

It’s kind of funny because almost all the posts about class mechanics here are basically asking for what warlocks used to be. Unlike other classes, many of which have changed through the expansions, and with Shadowlands, are looking for improvements and tweaks, warlock class feedback is basically “bring back MoP destruction” or “make affliction a dot/drain spec (again)”. It’s really disheartening.

Granted, some classes aren’t changing that much (like fire mage), but I would say that those classes are already pretty well designed, and only tweaks are needed. All three warlock specs, on the other hand, are in a pretty awful state (again, as many have pointed out, numbers may be fine, but playstyle and quality of life are severely lacking).

1 Like

Your not wrong. We just want either our old abilities back that we know, love and worked or some honest to god development on our class. Many of us understand that things change with time but now our pantry is barren and the devs have not restocked what they have taken away or gave to other classes.

Lets give DHs mortal strike too, because warlocks cant get good stuff back.

3 Likes

Yeah I cant believe they gave demon hunters a mortal strike like wtf.

1. I think it’s important to understand that if Blizz gives something, it will take something away. If destro gets an execute, like Shadowburn, the dps in non- execute periods will be nerfed.

2. Cataclysm should be a forward AOE (like DH/ hunters) or instant cast (like mages). Cataclysm feels terrible to cast. It combines poorly with weak void walker agro, so things run all over and many mobs move out of cataclysm before it finishes being cast. This is not play style (478 lock, mythic exp, done the M+ that I want to do, AOTC, done the pvp that I want to do). When I play a hunter, things stay in place, and it’s super easy to cast Purification Protocol on a mob.

3. Whatever demon a lock is using should be summoned & not on passive when the lock gets battle rez or switches to a M+ instance. We shouldn’t have to resummon it, esp if they will do a 6 second cast.

4. Void walker agro needs to be improved. If my toon face pulls a mob (multiple NPCs) and doesn’t dps them, it can’t get agro on defensive. I can also kill mobs w/ low dps spells without the VW ever getting agro.

5. If blizzz is taking away tanky elements of being a lock, make them more mobile.

6. Add a baseline interrupt, or factor in the real- world felhunter dmg (instead of imp damage) when balancing locks with other classes.

2 Likes

Well they’re listening to mages (giving Phoenix flames back baseline), so I have even more hope they will listen to us as well :slight_smile:

And praying for the SPriests of course

True that
Been looking at the changes all the other classes were getting and all the abilities they got back. Only to look at the curses we got along with Circle and felt a bit depressed. (don’t care for afff, just cant stand the spec)

But like you said the change to mages gives me a bit of hope for some more changes\base line abilities down the line for locks since there are some interesting ones that never get used since they arnt the “best”.

1 Like

The changes to mages are a given because its one of their more favored classes. I just wish they did’nt play favorites to a degree that warlocks and other classes go ignored.

1 Like

I’m hoping a lot more class changes are to come. We are still very early in the alpha. And I’m really hoping blizzard listens to our issues/ideas and make some changes. So many talents should be baseline, so many abilities should be returning baseline considering the “unpurning”. I’m really hoping we see some positive changes, but I’ll hold my breath. They’ve already said in their twisted mind that warlocks are ok. E
Which means they don’t have a developer on warlocks like they do for every other class. Or they just don’t care.

I don’t really believe in this whole “favored class” theory people have. If this were true, all three specs would be good all the time. People think DH is the favored class and we’re getting a solid nerf in SL so
 idk :man_shrugging:t2:

You don’t have to believe the favored class theory, but you have to admit that something is going on among the devs. Even if Dh’s get a soild nerf they will still continue to be a powerful class.

While looking over warlock anima powers again, I realized that nothing that affects curse of doom is currently implemented. This gives me hope they are trying to do something serious with doom before they activate the powers. It wouldnt make sense for everything to be inactive if doom was functioning how they intend currently.

Buff warlock please. 3 mediocre specs is not acceptable.

2 Likes

Bump for New Changes

1 Like

Please reply to this tweet as I’ll spend a day or two reworking the feedback with this new info

1 Like

Keep the changes coming. I wonder if this was all supposed to be released information on the 9th? Doesnt seem like the thing that needs an event

1 Like