Shadowlands Beta/PTR Compiled Feedback Thread

I don’t really believe in this whole “favored class” theory people have. If this were true, all three specs would be good all the time. People think DH is the favored class and we’re getting a solid nerf in SL so… idk :man_shrugging:t2:

You don’t have to believe the favored class theory, but you have to admit that something is going on among the devs. Even if Dh’s get a soild nerf they will still continue to be a powerful class.

While looking over warlock anima powers again, I realized that nothing that affects curse of doom is currently implemented. This gives me hope they are trying to do something serious with doom before they activate the powers. It wouldnt make sense for everything to be inactive if doom was functioning how they intend currently.

Buff warlock please. 3 mediocre specs is not acceptable.

2 Likes

Bump for New Changes

1 Like

Please reply to this tweet as I’ll spend a day or two reworking the feedback with this new info

1 Like

Keep the changes coming. I wonder if this was all supposed to be released information on the 9th? Doesnt seem like the thing that needs an event

1 Like

If one of the design intentions behind shadowlands is bringing back class fantasy over spec fantasy, can we get some baseline fire spells back? It would be nice to be able to do something when kicked out of shadow as affliction again.

I miss you searing pain.

As with the recent thread:

So UA becomes another layer of dots on top of Agony and Corruption?

Seems lazy tbh.
Rather they just move it to PvP talents as there’s no purpose in a pve seeing without the pressure it added in being a spender. While I am thankful it is no longer a spender, I can only assume its become another filter dot for PvE.

Other changes are good!

Would rather see baseline reduction for Darkglaire.

Shadow embrace works on Drain Soul still? I’d hope it does.

Deathbolt moved to PvP, I’m extremely happy to see!!!

Keep the feedback flowing :metal:

Updated the feedback in the Affliction sections (Crossed out text = feedback has been addressed in some form) and the Demons section, will keep changing as I gather more feedback but I posted the initial takes.

The Black Harvest Discord has given some feedback/suggestions regarding fel domination but would appreciate more.

To quote the post so yall don’t have to scroll up:

Thanks Baal :metal:
Appreciated :grin:

1 Like

Just giving this a bump

1 Like

Which covenant do you think actually fits with demonology? Pretty confusing to me, they seem to be more in line with destro or affliction atm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cgpuGuc41Q

Maldraxxus. I want to try sacrificed souls, summon, pop tyrant, and at close to end use Devastating bolt and see if the % is multiplicative or additive.

1 Like

Warlocks need so much more love. 6 second pet cast is going to kill us in arena. Would love to play anything more than just infernal chaos bolts spec. Literally anything …Demo, Aff or Destro re work. Demo and Destro seem completely unchanged so far and then you have classes like shaman, my alt. Getting complete awesome re works. Am happy about Curse of Exhaustion though and portal baseline.

Give us back soul flame, malefic grasp, and harbest life

The last round of changes were obviously affliction based, so I’m pretty certain demo and destro will get their own soon. The afflic changes are pretty great imo

4 Likes

I don’t really have anything unique to suggest I just wanted to add my voice to that of my warlock brethren.

Blizzard pls do some work on demonology! Im not asking for meta back or something like that. I like being the master summoner with an army of demons. But it’s clear to me (and most people who play the spec) that at has some glaring holes in it’s kit.

Im ofc referring to the lack of an interrupt as well as the reliance on azerite traits like baleful invocation and explosive potential to make the spec funktion properly. The spec (and class) also struggles with a lack of utility in M+. It is also dragged down by the less than reliable pet AI as well as long setup times especially in M+. Many talents seem locked in which is a shame. Talents like soul strike and demonic strength should be baseline since they are core to the spec. This hopefully would open up more choice in those rows.

The spec in general could also use some more variety in the demons it can summon and the interactions it has with them. Many demons are very set and forget which is a shame since you could do so much with spells that make your demons do special attacks sorta like kill command or soulstrike.

As for more general warlock suggestions: fel domination seems a decent compromise even if I’d rather have the 3second pet summon. I think it should make your next demons instant cast though.
I would also like it if you couldn’t bring healthstones into M+ unless you had a warlock in the party. Having part of our already poor utility being invalidated by having an alt outside the instances just further diminishes the reasons to bring us to M+ in the first place.
Along those same lines some improvement on demonic gateway would be nice. Make it a more powerful tool for skips maybe by making it so you don’t aggro mobs while in the gate.

That’s all folks thanks for reading to the end.

5 Likes

PS. The new affliction changes look great! Well done blizz!!!

3 Likes

This Post is feedback regarding the recent June Patch for Affliction Warlock Changes. I am very concerned with Inevitable Demise becoming a Talent for a couple reasons.

1. It makes me pessimistic that we won’t see drain soul become baseline. Personally I want the legion version back for affliction where it healed and was out filler combining Drain Life and Drain Soul into one. It isn’t impossible that this will still happen but I feel it is unlikely with a talent coming specifically for Drain Life. Maybe the Level 15 talent for Soul Drain will be the execute component?

2. It concerns me that having Inevitable Demise will make the Night Fae Covenant ability (aoe life drain) mandatory for M+ affliction warlock if you want to push higher keys. Creating a situation where Blizzard will struggle to balance Warlock’s position in M+ because the power gap will be huge. This talent in high M+ with the Soul Rot ability will push so much more cleave damage than any other build for an Affliction warlock and that puts a sour taste in my mouth as someone who dabbles in multiple types of content.

3. Lastly, but least important, it will really make Night Fae the Covenant for Affliction ONLY. Because it has such strong synergy with Inevitable Demise it will be extremely strong for M+ or massive AOE affliction warlocks, but if it gets nerfed or changed and you want to swap specs, the Night Fae ability will be extremely weak for Destro and Demo making the “class” ability very much an Affliction ability instead.

Personally, I don’t like a lot of my damage being funneled into a spell designed for survivability and would rather it be baked into drain soul which is our filler spell that also increases the frequency of spell casts of our Soul Shard spender (unlike shadowbolt, please remove it). If this talent doesn’t exist or Drain Soul and Drain Life become 1 in the same I feel as I can pick whichever covenant suits my playstyle and tastes, but this combination of Talent and Covenant Ability gives me pause for what my “choices” will be.

1 Like