Scaling Changes for Corruption Effects

With a hotfix that is now live on all realms, we’ve adjusted the damage done by several Corruption Effects:

• Damage dealt by Infinite Stars, Twisted Appendages, and Gushing Wound is now based on the item level of the Corrupted item. This previously scaled dynamically with Attack Power and Spell Power.
  • Lash of the Void damage is now based on the item level of the Corrupted Item, and now procs less often than before.

Previously the damage dealt by these powers was modified by Attack Power and Spell Power, which meant that certain specialization abilities or random bonuses could cause drastic swings in their effectiveness. Infinite Stars in particular was too strong against single targets as a result of this and other factors.

This change also adjusts Infinite Stars base damage accordingly, as the scaling method was one of the primary factors behind some of the extreme outliers we saw in our logs and from player feedback. Our goal with this change and other adjustments to Corruption powers is to improve parity in the effectiveness per point of Corruption of the different bonuses available on Visions of N’Zoth items.

11 Likes

Tell your QA team to look at Echoing Void as well.

23 Likes

15% of my damage in an arena. It’s insane.

1 Like

If only someone could have tested this before hand.

Using my prime space to shill the below:

1. Bring back Master Looter
  2. Bring back PvP Vendors
  3. Make essences account bound
  4. Remove the GCD on CDs
98 Likes

Might as well cleanse all my gear then amirite? What was the point of this system to begin with other than forcing players to grind and stay subscribed longer? Well lucky for me I already unsubbed.

6 Likes

if only they hadnt fired the testers

23 Likes

You guys wanna take a look at the poor scaling of effects like Void Ritual, since healers aren’t allowed to have interesting effects? It’s either use the dps ones or deal with poorly scaling stat bonuses. Irritating.

3 Likes

Gotta save that money to get ready to lawyer up for the incoming lawsuit from J. R. R. Tolkien’s estate.

6 Likes

Do you ding dongs wanna stop scaling things with max health now too? Twilight Devastation demohunter 1 shotting people in pvp is cool.

4 Likes

make essences boa already.

19 Likes

While you’re on the subject of fixing things, remove that hot feet garbage from visions.

33 Likes

Hey buddy,

They buffed Infinite stars by 300% before patch went live.

If only you had a clue…

https://www.wowhead.com/news=304672/8-3-ptr-hotfixes-changes-to-corrupted-weapons-and-randomly-rolled-affixes

5 Likes

Yea blame the unpaid tester (nvm they actually pay blizzard to test their game) instead of billion dollar company being too cheap to test their own game.

13 Likes

Thanks for the info Bornakk. :+1:

1 Like

We just pulled Ra-den heroic, and our demon hunter wearing 415 pants, got 17.2k DPS out of infinite stars rank 3. Still broken.

1 Like

Now can we get some Windwalker buffs based on logs and player feedback :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

QUOTED FOR TRUTH

BUFF WINDWALKER!

5 Likes

Implying that giving feedback from the PTR actually has done anything for this expansion.

12 Likes

lets have a heart to heart here

Was TBC Itemization so rough?

Whats the issue with just having 1-2 sockets on gear with Crit/hast/Mas/Ver/multi strike, you dont need to re-invent the wheel, gear doesnt need super bonuses that come with negative bonuses. Why make this harder on yourself than it needs to be?

Its simple
pieces of gear have STR/INT/AGI with a mixture of 2 secondary stats and sockets… Thats it!

22 Likes

Gushing Wound is a corruption effect? :thinking:

sigh