Corruption Effects Adjustments Incoming

Thats the thing. If you go to the PTR forums and type in corruption you could be there for the next week reading. They had tons of feedback on this. They chose to ignore it.

Now that we are neck deep in the mythic race they chose to work on this. After people invested everything into it. Then you get trolls come on here and try to blame the testers. Its such a crappy thing to do imo.

3 Likes

I feel like some of you in this thread haven’t been playing wow long. Anything that is “too good” always gets nerfed. ALWAYS.

They where crying months ago. what changed now?

1 Like

and then one day blizzard just threw 10 years of game systems in WoW off the desk and threw their hands in the air and said they had no ideas.

1 Like

Okay if this is what you guys plan to do, then will you be reverting the damage nerfs in PvP? It’s already barely worth using as it is, even with a good rank 3 piece. Feels pretty bad that the piece I was once excited to get has been dumpstered already.

1 Like

They nerfed it and announced it

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/corruption-effect-hotfix-incoming/413653

and then they “adjusted” it

If you want to keep track of blue posts you can either visit mmo-champion daily where blue posts are usually on the front page or you can go to blue. mmo-champion. com/ where all the blue posts are archived.

Goodbye echoing void. Bad players will have to learn how to play without getting carried by it now because they won the lottery.

1 Like

So I should see an uptick in trade chat for carry sales, got it :slight_smile: Or actually I won’t because I have BadBoy installed :smiley:

yes i knew about that hotfix i thought there was another since than, but i guess that hotfix came after my raid so i didnt get to really test out the changes on a 5 min single target raid type boss till tonight.

they have done 4 hotfix nerfs already and todays will be the 5th so hard to keep up.

PTR is a small sample size. And a sizesble selection bias because PTR testing attracts select types of players.

Live game is different.

Thanks for nerfing one of the few good things about being a tank this patch. Guess it’s time to go back to dps. Enjoy the complaints when everyone who doesn’t run with their guild can’t find a decent tank.

4 Likes

Well if you’re tuning corruptions yet again you better well be lowering the corruption gained from the tuned corruptions so they stay within a proper dps per corruption value just to not bin the gear people have worked for.

Who am I kidding though, previous azerite tuning killed traits (Seismic Wave you are sorely missed). BFA is basically a dead expac at this stage, we’re just all playing the new raid until shadowlands saves us from this nonsense.

1 Like

i’m sure the restore item website about to get a workout. everyone about to scramble to get those items back that they disenchanted.

That doesn’t surprise me. People blamed testers for warfronts. :frowning:

Yeah, Players like the ones beta testing mythic as we sit here talking about this. People who if you go to the forums now and type in “Corruption” Had the numbers to back up what they where saying in October. The same people who dropped over 200m in gold into this system because Blizzard acted as if this was how the system was going to work. Hell I know a few people who dropped real money into tokens to get some of this gear. All of this could have been avoided if Blizzard did their job months ago.

1 Like

I’m a ranged DPS, I feel like I’ve lost the lottery twice. Echoing Void is the only “good” corruption that I have and now it’s also getting nerfed. I agree that this is a good step forward, but this system is beyond broken due to it’s balance and RNG.

2 Likes

There is an item restore feature that logs like months of items. Use it. Only person to blame is yourself tbh. I almost always have it on the cooldown.

Can’t restore corruptions on items cleansed for use :rofl:

Your prot spec is probably next. Can’t have a tank doing dps ya know.

IS is awful on almost every boss this tier and is even worse in M+. It’s good on Xanesh, Wrathion, Shadhar, and Raden. That’s it. Unless you like your infinite stars only proccing on adds on all the bosses that actually matter like Illy’G and the last 2.