Right-click reporting is destroying PvP for players. It's completely toxic and is massively abused

Recently my raid leader got banned for a week for “boosting brackets” or something along those lines. He grinds bg’s for 12 hours a day with guildies and consistently got bracket 2. He was spam reported by the toxic, elitist pvp players on the server because they didn’t “approve” him getting a high bracket slot to rank.

The right click report feature has single handedly destroyed pvp on all servers: it’s horrible for the game and is so effortlessly abused by toxic players who have no place in the classic community. Before my guildie got banned i was in the process of gearing a rogue pvp alt so i could grind BG’s without the gold respec cost. Not anymore. Blizzard is apparently a small indie company and cant hire more staff to manually review reports and they instead opted for this toxic, abusable right click report system that players use to grief one another with no punishment. I’m not putting my account at risk due to this horribly abusable feature.

Features like “right click reporting” makes me despise classic. The culture in pvp is so sweaty and elitist that you cant even enjoy the game without fear of being suspended by toxic elitist pvp players who will never be punished. I want to play pvp in classic as i do enjoy it. But I’m not going to be banned by right click reporting for having the desire to rank up and get loot on my rogue alt.

I’m calling out all blizzard devs @Blizzard to look into these and hold these people accountable for mass reporting legitimate players who put in time and effort to rank and are punished by the horrific, terrible, abusable report system that should never have been in this game to begin with.

3 Likes

lol

This was a good post, gave me a chuckle.

1 Like

I hate bracket breakers, but I hate RCR abuse even more. It’s legit mob justice

3 Likes

We railed against RCR back in alpha, beta, and early classic. It’s just one of those things that blizzard is going to stick to their guns about. They can make changes, sure, but it’s not going to go away nor is it going to be reviewed by real people (outside of cheating reports).

Also Blizzard does not and has never retaliated against people who abuse the report feature, the most they will do is reverse the suspension after the fact - it’s bull.

Supposedly you don’t receive a ban without it being reviewed, but we all know that’s a lie. The system is automated and people abuse it.

2 Likes

Stop propagating misinformation.

There is no auto ban from right-click player reports. Any individual with the most basic critical thinking capability realizes this.

2 Likes

The ban system works however Blizzard decided it should work. How is “critical thinking” going to let me see into the minds of the Blizzard devs?

1 Like

Critical thinking plus reading skills help a lot to obtain knowledge

2 Likes

I’m not “propagating misinformation” I’m making statements that fall in line with what I’ve seen, heard, and tested - personally, and I’m clear with my terminology.

There are player suspensions from player reports. I do not have solid evidence that confirms the existence of player permanent bans being handed out without review in World of Warcraft. However, it’s VERY likely the case as I’m certain player bans happen in Overwatch without review, depending on the category. Blizzard defaults to a punishment pyramid for a reason.

I can literally get you suspended at the drop of a hat just by abusing RCR, I’ve done it before, not you personally though; this happens with streamers, most prominently.

However, player reports in classic are limited in a way that makes reporting slightly hard to do as you need to 1) be able to click the person’s player frame, 2) report them when they speak in chat or 3) Report them in a Battleground (this is by far the easiest).

1 Like

No, you can’t.

Players cannot ban or suspend other players with right-click reports. Why would Blizzard implement an automatic suspension/ban system that is ineffective against bots and can apparently only be used when large numbers of players conspire to unjustly ban someone?

Please think.

3 Likes

It’s because that’s what they set out to accomplish. “Put the power in the hands of the players” It also cuts down on Customer Service reports for such actions.

I am thinking WAY more than you. If you wish to run a test I’d be more than happy to oblige. Shall we set up a date and time to get your account suspended?

1 Like

How does it cut down on customer service reports to have massive amounts of unjust bans being doled out by the toxic playerbase abusing the system?

Where does it “cut down” on CS reports? How? For MONTHS we had the majority of people here crying out for Blizzard to ban bots because reports did NOTHING. Now all of a sudden everyone says the reports automatically ban and suspend people to “cut down” on CS work.

What a joke.

Anyways, I’ll login right now and AFK in Stormwind for you. I’ll be at the tree near the AH.

1 Like

During the olden’ times (of 15 years ago) every report was manually scanned, reviewed, and processed with an “automated” response. To lower the time an actual human has to deal with those reports the RCR system was added and totals up the amount of times a player is reported for something.

The trigger number is a secret but from my previous testing it appears that the number is around 50 - which takes a consorted effort.

Lowering the amount of time an actual human has to review that saves time and in turn money in the form of labor.

You’re not business focused and that’s fine.

It will take some time to gather the people together. Perhaps I can recruit people on heartseeker. Let’s find out.

Who is this system designed to target? Your conspiracy theory is absolutely insane.

Why would Blizzard implement an automatic banning system that is ineffective against bots and only serves to allow large numbers of toxic players to conspire to ban innocent players?

The excuses are already being made. Anytime, let’s go.

Concerted.

1 Like

I said “Shall we set up a date and time” as it’s not something that can quickly be performed at the drop of a hat and requires a great deal of effort. That’s how they keep it from being abused to a massive margin.

I have logged into Heartseeker and have whispered you. Letusbegin.

The issue is that blizzard hasn’t mass banned people who exploit it.

Give out a few bans to the groups who mass report falsely it would stop.

There’s little reason to continue this frivolous argument, whisper me when you’re ready to embarrass yourself.

They already do punish people abusing the system.

2 Likes

Really? Why not use that power to ban all the botters, if that is what you claim on how it works. Why waste it reporting players…

It would require all those that are willing to report to be on top of those who are being reported, currently the most participants I’ve been able to assemble in places such as felwood have been 5.

You are saying that there is a system that can ban players for running their mouths and it’s not being used to shut down boitters and exploiters? Why would Blizzard put something like that it place, if it did exist. If it did, Botters wouldn’t even exist in this game.

1 Like