Request for Classic Era fresh

I would like to preface this by saying that I do not want anyone to think I don’t want people to enjoy Classic Era, TBC, WotLk, Seasons of Mastery or Retail. I have been harsh on SoM crowd and for that, I apologize.

With SoM1 ended and the remaining players merging into Classic Era, I am seeing daily posts on Reddit, these forums, Youtube, Discord, Twitter, etc…with people asking for a fresh Classic Era realm.

An Classic Era fresh could:

• Give “Forever Classic” a constant stream of players once a fresh server ended
  • Migrate 95% of the private server playerbase to Blizzard’s servers
  • Minimal effort vs easy profit for Blizzard as the game is already written and just needs a restart
  • Allow players to always have the option and timeframe to jump in to fresh

Classic Era and Vanilla are timeless. They are replayable. The hardcore community has been booming lately and given the game a fresh take. Classic Era players like myself, will never get bored of the game. It is beyond nostalgia. We are don’t have rose-tinted glasses on. WE JUST LOVE THE GAME.

A “fresh” realm has been consistently what we have had in the past on private servers. A realm ends and another begins with a huge boom of players. I imagine a single realm for fresh would be enough to sustain the population without the need for layering or cross-realm play.

I believe having a dedicated “fresh” realm along side whatever Season of _______, would give both crowds (“Somechanges” & “Nochanges”) a happy middle ground. Both playerbases clearly love Vanilla WoW and shouldn’t have to choose between one or the other. Yes, there is “Forever Classic Era” servers that are up. But it is nowhere near the same as everyone at the same starting line, gearing up together, downing your first raid boss, seeing your first world epic drop. The list goes on.

I’m not asking for another 2019 drop, I don’t think it would be that insane. But the playerbase is there. And would consistently stick around. This has been the most replayed version of the game in the entire franchise. Don’t let it die out, Blizzard.

43 Likes

Fresh would be fun, until players hit aq40 and have to farm like they do now. It does last but once the novelty wears off in aq40 that is when the numbers dip.

3 Likes

Nothing out of the ordinary but players, myself included find fun in every aspect and phase of the game

10 Likes

Please Blizzard. look into your heart. you know what is right. give us classic era fresh :expressionless:

15 Likes

Im almost certain the only reason nost had such a big following was because it stopped at bwl for like 2 years. The best part of the game is BWL and below because all the pvp gear is equal all the bgs are out there is still proper world pvp where greens can still beat people and the requirement for raiding is only MC/BWL which is a lot of fun.

AQ20/40 is first time where you need to be clearing like 5 raids a week and where raids actually start to become harder to progress through.

6 Likes

Where fresh

10 Likes

This is how I feel as well. I think more people would actually play era if it was forever p4 instead of forever p6 but that isn’t happening obviously.

2 Likes

If they are going to do FRESH it should be FRESH with content phases. Having all content unlocked up front is dumb. It’s also unhealthy for people. They locked content for a reason because people have zero self control and would play the game too much and disregard all real life responsibilities.

5 Likes

Sounds cool, got anything to support those claims?

That’s what I would expect? I don’t want everything unlocked from the get go. That’s one thing I’ll agree with you on, people have no self control in this game. If Naxx was available from the beginning, I guarantee people would only be pushing to clear it with greens and the server would be done for in a month.

5 Likes

why no fresh yet?

me want fresh

8 Likes

“An annual fresh could”.

Didn’t say “would”. Im speculating, just like everyone else. But at least I’m giving some potential upsides to why creating a fresh is worth Blizzards time.

1 Like

do you have a peer-reviewed study that supports each of your claims?
do you have a masters degree in computer science and game design?

Most people at Blizzard prob don’t have this…

3 Likes

I suspect holders of these credentials would have little if any influence on whether and when fresh lands

2 Likes

Where is fresh sir?

3 Likes

do you have a peer-reviewed study that supports each of your claims?
do you have a masters degree in computer science and game design

What does either of those have to do with claiming that forever fresh would:

• Give “Forever Classic” a constant stream of players once a fresh server ended
  • Migrate 95% of the private server playerbase to Blizzard’s servers
  • Minimal effort vs easy profit for Blizzard as the game is already written and just needs a restart
  • Allow players to always have the option and timeframe to jump in to fresh

As someone who does have a degree in computer science and does system design for a living, I can say that 3/4 of these points wouldn’t even be in my domain. This would be up to product owners, business analysts, and stakeholders to decide.

All that to say: You’ve made a very strange appeal to credentialism that has no bearing here.

Ultimately we’ve seen this pattern play out on private servers for decades, it makes sense that Blizz could expect the same thing to occur when they provide fresh realms themselves.

2 Likes

I can almost guarantee no one who designed wow originally had either of these degrees.

You have zero clue what you are talking about as usual.

1 Like

I think he’s confused and thinks that computer games need the same levels of testing as new medicines.

2 Likes

Intravenous classic was granted approval some years ago

2 Likes