SoM 2 PvP Leak; Will NOT Play!

There were “leaks” on SoM 2 being PvP centric–changing the whole PvP system to be more like retail. Their won’t be any Classic-like honor, instead its a currency. There will be solo queued BGs, class changes, and a different ranking system. If this so happens to be true I will not be playing. Any system changes to feel more like retail for the sake of the theme for the season is just not for me. No thanks. I dont care for the system; I prefee Classic how it was in 2019. Dont give us this garbage…

28 Likes

That’s why I continue to, as well as many others advocate for a fresh Classic Era server that has none of these changes.

Vanilla has been tested over and over again on private servers. What we always come back to, what always works is good ol’ Vanilla WoW. Hopefully the Devs see that and give us a fresh along side the circus act that Seasons of _______ will become.

This is the post I recently made, hope it gains more traction.

19 Likes

Why would you want pool parties again?

9 Likes

At this point, it doesn’t matter what OP specifically wants because Classic Era and SoM can coexist.

We can have untouched, reliable Classic Era that will inevitably be what people gravitate towards.

And you can have SoM with the million and one changes players want. Which seems to be inching closer and closer to Retail with every new request I’ve seen.

9 Likes

why do you people believe everything you see in a youtube video :expressionless:

6 Likes

Vanilla pvp system is garbage. Anything would be an improvement.

Get rid of decay and make it into a personal grind that does not require pool parties or anything. It should still be hard but allow people to take breaks

36 Likes

I agree with getting rid of decay. That’s about it.

3 Likes

you mean i don’ thave to play 16 huors a day oh the horry How dare they

3 Likes

Fixing the garbo PvP ranking system is a win no matter how they change it. Sure it’s “cool” to grind and eventually get top rank, because it’s prestigious for being somewhat hard to achieve, but in reality it isn’t hard it’s just about having to literally throw away your life and co-operate with others to essentially game the system to achieve it which is not cool it’s actually really badly designed and cringe. Bring on the ranking changes, yes please.

The only people who wouldn’t want these changes are the ones who are/were able to throw their lives away to grind it out, but being able to time sink 18 hour days isn’t impressive by any stretch of the imagination.

Hope Blizz does a TON of changes to shake things up and improve the game. But I also think that there should be a no-changes Classic era fresh realm released as well, so people can play the original fresh if they want instead. I’d play on both probably.

2 Likes

I refuse to play any classic pvp that involves a druid holding a flag in unreachable places.

That alone kept me from playing it. All it takes is 1 bad experience…

2 Likes

All these responses sound like people want R14 easier. Which will then devalue it even further. Sorry you can’t commit the time. The goal post shouldn’t be move to make it easier for you, you should accept the grind isn’t for you.

If you want changes, advocate for them in SoM. Leave Classic Era alone.

10 Likes

vanilla pvp system is trash. you would be hard pressed to even imagine a worse system. i welcome any changes to it with open arms. maybe the changes suck and we scrap it. oh well, we tried. experimentation is what seasons are for.

3 Likes

Sleep Deprivation shouldn’t be a requirement for any pvp system. As someone who got Rank 14 in Classic and Rank 13 in SOM, I really don’t care how they change the system as long as it changes. Now if you’re a Sadomasochist then the old system is right for you!

7 Likes

Anything to get closer and closer to retail.

2 Likes

old school MMOs are all about the grind
if you don’t like it, retail is for you

9 Likes

Exactly my thinking

1 Like

People using pvp to gear don’t want to pvp they want to game the system for some easy purples. I believe that having a system like tbc will be better but it won’t be enough as pvp gear stops being better than raid gear after aq40. Thus we would need something more something to drive people to play the game.

If you defend the classic honor system Im going to assume you have never ranked to double digits. If you did you would never defend that system. Its not about “the grind” lol.

11 Likes

I literally made a thread about this that is still on the 1st page of this forum bro.

The leaks are probably real.

2 Likes

if you can’t even handle grinding to rank 10 then classic is definitely not for you :expressionless:

5 Likes