Reputations Reset From Exalted to Neutral

Hi all. I posted a topic in general about this, but was told in the comments to post on bug report.

There are a number of reputations that people are seeing be reset back to 0/3000 neutral, despite being exalted or revered or etc…

For me it’s Obsidian Warders and Ankoan Waveblade. Despite having achievements for earning exalted, I was reset back to flat neutral after last weeks patch. At first, they just weren’t showing up in the reputations tab, but upon completing a quest that rewards rep it pops back up as a freshly discovered reputation.

I’ve already tried opening a ticket about it, but was answered with an automated response shortly after.

I fear this won’t be fixed as Blizzard has yet to even acknowledge it on their “known issues” post. And if that’s the case I’m going to end my subscription. I can’t in good faith continue to sink more time into this game knowing that months of effort could be wiped away in a patch, with no correction on their part.

I’d love to hear anymore input from anybody that is also experiencing this or a similar problem with their reputations.

2 Likes

?
it’s the first issue listed.

Character :

If you click the link you presented, it has nothing to do with actual lost reputation.

The quote relevant to the pre-patch they added is:

which is most likely tied to the bugs people are seeing with Remix reps. They bizarrely claim it’s intended here but almost all Remix reps were artificially boosted intentionally prior to 11.0, so this article is also just blatantly false as it relates to that scenario.

why?
do you buy into the “they don’t fix anything” meme?
…because that really is just a meme. :wink:

of course they’d claim it was intended if it was done intentionally. :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s a thread over in the EU forum which has a blue response, and points out that that this is more than a singular issue.

Specifically, the article claims the penalty is intended, not the boost I mentioned. It directly clashes with the live response on EU which you linked.

the article states changes to warband rep are intentional.

the blue post says they’re aware that there are other issues with rep:

We’re currently working on a few different issues affecting reputations and how they are displayed.

Many fixes should be out already with more on the way!

Well I hope you’re right, but I said that because I’ve seen on the EU forums that a couple people tried talking to a GM about it and were told there’s nothing they can do about it…

correct.

GMs don’t fix bugs.

if they attempted to adjust things manually for each individual impacted, it could make the situation worse when an actual fix gets rolled out.

5 days later and still nothing from blizz.

1 Like

I was filling out a bug report and as well as trying to contact support and I came across this on one of the customer support pages.

“A situation where reputations which have a direct correlation on the opposite faction
(such as Battlegrounds factions) are reset to neutral. A hotfix is planned for this issue
and it should be resolved for players logging in after that fix soon. Investigations are
ongoing for players who experienced the issue and need their reputations fixed.”

It definitely puts me at ease on this situation. And hopefully this will be fixed some what soon.

same here I have 25 toons n alot been reset so sad blizzard are aware off this happening and nothing to fix it.

there are actual game-breaking issues which are currently taking priority over a display issue.

they don’t tend to give running updates about bug fixes.

It’s not a display issue…

Our reps have been completely reset including rep walls for buying items.

It’s pretty obvious this doesn’t concern you as you don’t seem to care or be concerned with this issue so please stop responding to the post unless you’re gonna be of help.

3 Likes

You’ve reported the bug. None of the rest really matters.

But you still don’t get to decide who participates in an open conversation in a player-helping-players forum.

2 Likes

Exactly, “player-helping-player” forum. This guy isn’t helping.

2 Likes

I wound up losing all of my northrend reputations. every single one reset from revered or exalted back to 0/3000 neutral. even if i start working them up, it will reset back to 0/3000 neutral

1 Like

I’ve also experienced this issue – it’s not a display issue. The reputation is functionally neutral: vendor prices are not discounted, quartermasters won’t sell anything, and NPCs are now yellow.

Here is a short list of other occurences I’ve seen logged of this issue:

As well as this reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1ehg46x/do_not_interact_with_factionspecific_reputations/

This is game-breaking to many of those affected: it has erased progress and prevents work toward things associated with these reps. This rogue should have just had another attempt at the Royal Snapdragon mount with today’s reset, but is currently sitting at 350/3000 neutral. I’m holding off on doing weeklies and stuff until I know things are fixed.

This article now mentions the issue and says they are planning a hotfix. Note that the page was updated 4 days ago. It’s the same as the page linked earlier, which described that display issue, but did not mention what we’d been experiencing.

I hope, Nobully, that you’ve been presented with enough evidence to recognize that the issue Yemojah described is not the same as the display issue you found initially. It’s worth considering that they probably also searched for and found that article, and that they came here because it didn’t address their issue, and not because they failed to read or understand what was written.

3 Likes

I’ve seen you heading this issue on a lot of the related forums about it, which I appreciate your work noting everything about it. I’m just holding out hope at this point we get an actual response and fix, as so far blizz has given us the run around. I guess we just have to keep talking about it and hope more people come forward.

2 Likes

lol I just want my paragon rep mount :sob: :sob:

1 Like

Thank you for compiling all of these, Cixel. It’s both good and bad to see so many more… good because it lets me know it wasn’t just me, and bad because it absolutely sucks for those affected.

Glad it seems to have been acknowledged by Blizz as being more/different than “just a display issue.”

1 Like