Reasons NOT to add dual spec

Waste of time. No one is going to do this for 300 extra DPS on a boss. Not responding to the rest of that incoherent wall of text.

1 Like

“I don’t want to have to play the game to make gold to spend gold”

…

If it’s so bad for you to do a few dailies then just buy gold, I just hope blizzard starts banning gold buyers so we can get the tourists out of tbc classic because they clearly don’t want to play the game.

You are ridiculously ignorant if you think respeccing is a massive gold sink :joy::joy: I’ll say it one last time since you are so low iq. It’s not a gold sink and only hurts newer players/ players with less time to farm. It does nothing to those with thousands upon thousands of extra gold. Why are you so perseverant on hurting people who don’t have as much time and want to focus on the aspects of game they enjoy. I have gold to respec but I purposely don’t respec as much as I would like and thus don’t play as much as I would if dual spec was out. For example on days I raid I don’t do anything but raid or pve that day, but with dual spec I’d get in a bg or 2 that day depending on how much time I had. That’s how you kill a game and it’s why it was later implemented. I want as many people playing this game as possible because it makes it more fun for me and for everyone.

Did people spend HOURS getting world buffs in classic for a dps boost?

You really think they won’t spend 2 minutes to maximize their raid?

And not just one person will do it, tanks healers and dps can change spec to optimize per fight. We saw it in retail where people would change their “talents” based on the boss when the dust was added that let you change talents without having to go back to town.

They can do it now and they don’t. You lose time in the raid by hearthing out to swap spec. They don’t do it now and they wouldn’t with Dual Spec.

This isn’t retail. Dual Spec isn’t retail either.

Just dismantling your own argument, good job. Key words there: WITHOUT HAVING TO GO BACK TO TOWN.

Except that’s not why you bring a Bear over a Warrior as a second Tank. Who worries about that for the rare fights you need one Tank and I’d even then still take a Bear or a Pally as the second Tank for Kara (as an example) if I plan on doing Nightbane since a third healer is more useful than a crappy DPS.

The benefit to Dual spec far outweighs the rare times you only need one Tank and the only groups that would worry about having a Feral over a Fury/Arms Warrior are true sweat lords. Do we really care about what the min/maxers would do?

Did you even play back in TBC? The concept of Dual spec was a constant discussion on the forums and something the devs said they were interested in implementing at some point.

1 Like

It makes it more fun you you maybe. I came back to classic to get away from the the QoL changes. I like having opportunity costs in a game. It’s what makes it feel like an rpg. Please stop trying to change the game I enjoy to be something it isn’t. If your not enjoying it maybe you should find a different game.

And it 100% is a gold sink. Do you know the definition of a gold sink in terms of video games? You also know there are people that respec multiple times a day right? Let’s assume one person is respecting twice a day, that’s 700g out of the economy per week. And respecting twice a day isn’t even hard to afford. Yet you want to say respec costs isn’t a massive gold sink? Even if only 1% of players change spec twice per day, assuming a realm size of 5000 (not a tiny realm but not huge) that’s 50 people doing this on a realm. 50X700=35,000g out of the economy per week. That’s not a small amount.

No that does not make it the same as it is currently.

Currently it’s Hearth>Go through portal back to old world city>find your class trainer>pay 50g>re-buy spells and select talents that are spec specific>get summoned back

vs

Hearth>click a button>get summoned back

If you want to make dual-spec with it being the same as it is now in terms of hybrid utility we need to make spec locking to an instance ID.

The moment you kill a boss in an instance you are locked to either spec A or spec B. The only way to get around the lock would be pay the 50g to respec the spec you are locked to. This way people could still role around with 2 specs but you can’t respec from encounter to encounter which is what hurts the hybrid classes.

We need a react button for this forum, because posts like this always make me laugh, “class identity” is used as a point (which isn’t a good one) or it’s a “gold sink” sure but that doesn’t deter the fact that dual spec would be GREAT. It’s just pure non-sense, it may not bring thousands of tanks, but plenty will be willing to tank now. Will it fix tanking? No, but it can help.

2 Likes

It didn’t fix the tank shortage in wotlk. The dozen other changes that came after dual spec designed to help people group faster and prevent a tank shortage didn’t fix it either.

Your trying to sell dual spec as the fix to the tank shortage, it’s not.

People spent hours getting world buffs you think they won’t do a hearth to town and get summoned back? Heck some people are doing this without dual spec and paying the 50g every time. We had a healer lose power mid raid and we needed to replace him because his power wasn’t coming back up any time soon (discord on phone is very helpful for communication with guild lol) we picked up a dps and sent out ele shaman out to respec resto and kept going. Had someone change spec mid raid. He was back in the raid instance and ready to go in 3 minutes. And most of that was waiting for 2 people to zone out to summon him and the new dps.

Changing spec mid raid is done NOW without dual spec. The only difference would be you save more gold with dual spec. And changing spec regularly was designed to be a gold sink.

Yeah I’m gonna be done with this post. Ive found out that you cant change people’s minds when they just aren’t very smart in general even when presented with facts and proof. They will deter and change subjects and do whatever they can to fit their own agenda. Hopefully blizzard makes the right decision eventually but I’m not holding my breath lol.

2 Likes

And it’s always followed with how easy it is to make the Gold to respec which negates the argument. It’s just sad, delusional types who argue this stuff.

3 Likes

This you?

Lemme try that out too:

The devs didn’t make a mistake by not having dual spec in tbc, they had plans to release it and it got postponed until wotlk.

1 Like

The devs also planned on guild banks being in vanilla and it got postponed until tbc. And guess what, we didn’t see them put in classic, so dual spec shouldn’t be in tbc classic.

I cannot blame you in the least. People are always just looking for something to complain about. These threads are always filled with the same thing, an inadequate argument that they themselves probably don’t even believe. It’s the no-changes crowd… they’ve never had a good argument. They don’t seem to apply logic to their discussions.

Gold is easy to make, which is why we NEED gold sinks to prevent hyper inflation.

How? It actually helps hybrids because they can pick the role that fits the encounter. If you’re talking about the weird, bad hybrid specs all I’ll say is LOL!

If you’re a min/maxer you’re already swapping. If you’re not you stay in your spec. Why are we worried about the tiny percentage of players who choose to be jack of few trades/master of none by playing non optimized “hybrid” specs?

2 Likes

I’m not no changes, I am against changes that go directly against a clear design choice of the game.

What is this logic ROFL!!!

“I didn’t get the change I wanted so no one should get the changes they want, HRUMPH!”

TBC Classic is #SomeChanges. That’s the difference.

But when the clear design choices of the game are massively flawed… they should at least attempt to fix it. Why gimp a hybrid class because you are against the design change?