Realm Consolidation - Lava Lash

Good afternoon everyone,

The dust settles on our recent character moves in Season of Discovery and much like a similar situation in Europe, the Lava Lash roleplay ruleset realm isn’t where we want it to be. Roleplay is a ruleset that we generally try to leave alone, players in these communities often make strong connections and don’t have the same desires as other players on PvE and PvP realms.

But, Lava Lash is now looking a little too lean even after recent transfer additions to the realm. As a result we are going to mark Lava Lash as closed to new accounts and open transfers to the Wild Growth PvE and Crusader Strike RP-PvP realms. It is our hope that you will still be able to recreate your communities on these much larger realms, and hopefully attract some new role-players too!

These changes have already gone into effect and the transfers are open and will remain open for the lifetime of the realm. You can find the free transfer option in the in-game store while at the character select screen.

11 Likes

One of the reasons people like to play on RP realms is because the community is nicer. Way nicer. Going to a PVP realm kind of defeats that purpose, and going to a standard PVE realm doesn’t make sense either.

I’ll stay on Lava Lash and if you close it I’m done with SOD

72 Likes

Well, bye.

6 Likes

Just leave the servers ALONE! Jesus…It’s like you guys don’t want people to play this game.

52 Likes

NO, NO, NO LEAVE LAVA LASH THE !@#$ ALONE YOU CRETINS.

The population there is COMPLETELY FINE. We don’t want a stupid mega realm. We love our smaller community. The server is the perfect size, it feels like a Medium-High pop realm from the old days.

None of you devs even play on Lava Lash so you don’t even know what it’s like. Leave us the !@#$ alone.

49 Likes

Okay, but is it where the players want it to be? I don’t see how your teams personal opinion supercedes the opinions of the players on the realm itself.

60 Likes

Hey can we not do this? I’m much happier on my smaller server then I would be on either of those realms! Thanks!

Also I DON’T want to play on a fake RP-realm. PLEASE leave the RP realm alone.

43 Likes

So,

First you guys absolutely drop a nuclear bomb on Chaos Bolt… just before the phase starts. Absolutely ripping apart all the communities that developed and built on that realm. Forcing people to split between what they are looking for.

Now, you launched another Nuclear Bomb. This time at Lava Lash.

This is an absolutely DOUBLE WHAMMY to the people that LEFT Chaos Bolt and WENT to Lava Lash.

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO

“YOU CANNOT CHOOSE A WRONG REALM?”

WHERE DID THAT GO?

You Mega-Server loving developers are going to learn really quickly why players stayed away. Season of Discovery is doomed at this point.

You just destroyed ANOTHER Community.

ANOTHER set of UNIQUE Character names.

ANOTHER set of UNIQUE Guilds.

RELATIONSHIPS, FRIENDSHIPS, RP That was built up to this point.

It has become so apparent that you guys DO. NOT. CARE.

This is horrifying in all aspects. My guild went through one massive overhaul and transfer. We JUST started to feel normal again.

You do THIS?

I can’t. I imagine hundreds of others can’t anymore either.

Y I K E S.

53 Likes

Things like this get said, to appear to show a level of understanding, but the actions show it is nothing but fluff.

This is like removing people from more rural areas who like the space, knowing all the the neighbors, and having tranquility. Then forcing them to live in metropolises in 400sq apartments, where there is little name recognition and they are subjected to noise, higher levels of crime, and almost no personal space. It does nothing to improve that persons quality of life, regardless of those who love the metropolis environments thinking it does.

I feel bad for those on Lava Lash who wanted a small RP community. I’m not surprised at the actions taken by Blizzard though, as their true, main goal is to appease only one type of player, and if the rest quit, well make up some other reason. When the more niche players leave that makes it easier to continue to cater to this singular type of player in the future.

You’ve taken the only RP bastion away from the RP players as CS is not one. Good job on the singular focus.

32 Likes

You kicked us off Chaos Bolt to Crusader Strike, only opening up Lava Lash later as an option. I couldn’t get all my toons off CS fast enough to LL before you took that option away as well. Now your doing the same thing to LL that you did to CB. Chaos Bolt was fine, Lava Lash is fine!

Tell me you don’t know anything about your community without telling me you don’t know anything about your community…

32 Likes

The real issue was the move to 20 man raiding. It killed off many of the smaller guilds, and those that tried to band together to attempt raiding for Phase 3 just didn’t have a lot of luck. I know the guild I was in grouped with another and we spent almost 2 hours searching for pug healers, it’s not a good sign.

I honestly wished the dev team could of incorporated flex raiding up to 25 man so that smaller guilds that could only fill 10 man slots could still do content and slowly work towards recruiting for 20 man raids.

15 Likes

I am an active Lava Lash Player. This seems entirely unnecessary. It seems like you do not understand the needs of the players at all! So many of us love it on Lava Lash and have found a unique, supportive, and friendly community. Why close it? And for what purpose? Keep the single RP Server! It attracts a specific group of people who otherwise won’t have any incentive to play on a server like Wild Growth or Crusader Strike!

27 Likes

yea… I really miss raiding with just my tight nit group of friends in 10mans.

6 Likes

FFS this is literally the second time. This almost destroyed my guild the first time around we lost several people, it’s going to do it again.

Literally found exactly what we were looking for when we left behind on Choas Bolt, on Lava Lash. Tight Knit community, seeing people again and again night after night, building relationships. And now you are going to force us off again.

Honestly this is just going to force me to end my subscription and move on because clearly community means nothing.

21 Likes

Is this an out of season april fools joke?

16 Likes

This 100%, flex would be the best way to handle it.

2 Likes

Well shoot.

can we add trasnfer from Crusader STrike to Wild Growth too? I joined from CB and I HATE it here

4 Likes

Okay so are you guys getting rid of the server or locking it out? can we be clear on this we dont want to transfer servers cause you deam the medium size RP server like the others is too low

3 Likes