Raid Adjustments Discussion

With weekly maintenance in each region, we’re applying some hotfixes to raid encounters as a step toward their final tuning.

Serpentshrine Caverns

• Morogrim Tidewalker – Tidewalker Lurkers’ health has been reduced to their post-nerf values.
  • Lady Vashj – Persuasion no longer provides crowd control immunity.

Tempest Keep

• Kael’thas Sunstrider – The encounter is now set to its post-nerf configuration.

Again, these adjustments will be live following maintenance tomorrow, November 9.

Upon further review, we’ve decided to give this at least a week and discuss it some more. We will not be implementing the changes above with maintenance.

We’ll continue to look for your feedback here and update you with our revised plan, if any, in the next couple of days.

November 15

We’re still discussing this and looking at options from a design perspective. We haven’t made any decisions yet, and we won’t be making any changes of this sort in the next week.

Please feel free to continue the discussion, as your feedback is highly valuable to us.

November 18

The previously-mentioned adjustments to Morogrim Tidewalker, Lady Vashj, and Kael’thas Sunstrider will be implemented with weekly maintenance the week of December 14.

Thank you very much for your feedback and discussion. We really appreciate it.

34 Likes

Well… I’m glad my raid group cleared the content already and had the challenge.

19 Likes

That’s great. Now how about all those dead/dying realms out there? Any plans for those?

72 Likes

Wow, they gave in for the copers who wanted a harder game yet refused to try hard to beat it.

TBC dead, thank god for SoM

13 Likes

At least we got 10/10 pre nerf

11 Likes

Thank the lord for this chemotherapy we are about to receive.

Because that stuff was cancer

9 Likes

This is unbelievably cringe. If a guild can’t clear t5 as it is they should try to improve not just get carried by nerfs. I wish them luck in tier 6 and Sunwell. Thats disgusting.

68 Likes

What about mark of the illidari?

why are they still missing on the TK/SSC lootable

2 Likes

so you caved and gave the 8/10ers post-nerf before p3. Jfc

33 Likes

Fix the servers, nerfs shouldn’t happen till next phase.

42 Likes

Boourns… booooooooo

4 Likes

Why even? Too soon.

To appease the casuals? Like hvh was?

I haven’t been a part of downing SSC/TK here, but I did clear it in retail.
The people that couldn’t…had room to get better. That is the entire point of progression.
This guild was very, very set on beating it before the nerf. Bad news for them.

18 Likes

wasnt asking for nerfs, these tokens were available 5 months in OG TBC

they should be in the game right now

4 Likes

Literally nobody asked for this

48 Likes

Why? who even asked for this???

18 Likes

You couldn’t maybe give us a weeks notice?

Any guild that wanted to do a final speed push with the current difficulty which is all wcl is going to count just can’t now.

Because you idiots don’t even realize how people in classic play the game.

I’m so glad you’re forming a council that you’ll also ignore

Jesus Christ come on stop shooting yourselves in the foot for two seconds please.

44 Likes

Please don’t nerf them this soon… When you make fights easy they are just boring. The difficulty is what made them fun

26 Likes

Typical. No communication until it’s released and nobody asked for it. What players want is a solution to dying servers, not going back on your word to nerf once the next phase comes out.

49 Likes

Laughable how often Blizzard mishandles their game. Who asked for this?

16 Likes

This is awful. Many guilds were maybe 1 or 2 pulls away and suddenly a no notice nerf.

17 Likes