Queues are ridiculous

im living for this fight hashahahaha

1 Like

No, I don’t work on video game servers… I work on federal government / DoD servers. Is that ok? I hope so.

Did you Google Straw-man last night, and finally figure out its definition, kiddo?

3 Likes

Ok, thanks for sharing, but I’ll have to refer to the guy that works for Blizzard when it comes to stuff about WoW’s servers. He gets paid to know things about WoW. You have no citation and no way of knowing anything about WoW’s servers.

1 Like

Ah my bad.

The over 100k federal LEO and staff accessing data bases world-wide mean nothing. Sheesh… video games are tricky.

1 Like

Feel for you and your crew. We have guildies on Grob with no means to log in prior to the end of the work day so they can make it into queue. They’re legitimately concerned they’ll have no recourse if queues maintain through release to make it to raid on time following work.

The two server options arent legit options.

1 Like

I’m having fun just watching this forum.
Sadly I gave up trying to log into classic right now. I’ll just remote desktop in while I’m at work tomorrow and let the queue timer run.
Not transferring to a dead server or a US West server.
I’ve survived these queue times before, I’ll do it again.
Though it is sad that retail’s “megaservers” are at 20k+ pops and you rarely hit queue timers, even at Shadowlands launch Stormrage barely saw a queue timer.

4 Likes

classic runs on legion client ( now shadowlands, questionmark)
ergo everything runs in the cloud of datacenters
so the infrastructure itself if at least… 2015 ish

1 Like

Thats a you issue.

Citation needed.

4 Likes

Yep…

Team Viewer FTW

As a former blammo refugee, I feel this pain too acutely. My entire community moved to benediction, it’s not as simple as wanting to transfer to a new place. Everyone I’ve played with since the start of classic is here, if I leave I’m saying goodbye to a lot of friends and relationships.

1 Like

That’s… not how technology works. That’s not how any of this works.

Trusting experts over some random forum posters doesn’t sound like an issue at all.

That doesn’t work when the other person ACTUALLY has sources to back up their claims.

2 Likes

9,000 people in queue, not counting everyone playing… and that’s just one server.

At $15 per month per player, that’s $135,000 worth of subscribers (per month) waiting to play the game on JUST ONE SERVER.

And blizzard can’t afford to buy modern servers?

Elder Scrolls Online launched in 2014 with one mega server that can host a nearly unlimited number of players with zero queues ever.

Small indie company, I guess.

9 Likes

we dont want megaservers we want balance

3 Likes

The representatives who staff this forum are dedicated to providing our players with the information and resources necessary to help ensure in-game experiences are as [EPIC] as possible. As part of this effort, visitors of this forum can expect to find a host of information pertaining to in-game and account issues, including (but not limited to):

Account Security and Compromise Recovery
Account and Character Services
Customer Support Interactions
Notable Customer Support Policy Changes

Where is his server credentials?

You literally linked nothing lmfao

4 Likes

Sorry, but a forum moderation / customer support agent is an expert at relaying information. They can be told the servers are made with cat5 cables and IBM servers from McDonalds and they’ll believe it.

Imagine working from home, passing along information as a job… that’s what they do. They are NOT experts. Stop glorifying.

Um Well Played Blizzard…over 11k queue :slight_smile:

they made a whole 1 hour+ presentation on how classic works on a blizzcon
but we all know asnwering to your posts is just a fun experiment since your trolling is hardly disguised

4 Likes

exactly!!!

Did you not read the thing you’re quoting from? At this point Manure, it’s time to respectfully concede. You can complain about queues without pretending you know anything about how Blizzard should fix them or Blizzard’s “infrastructure”.

Right, and who relayed the information to him about WoW’s servers, Kirkoh? Do you think it could be the people that directly work on WoW’s servers?

Ok, and can you link me the timestamp of where they say Classic uses 2015 infrastructure? I’ll wait.

1 Like

And they wouldn’t lie about running 2012 servers. The same company who’s been assaulting women in the workplace for years.

Do you like CNN/MSN news too, Brandon?

2 Likes