Pride month is coming soon. In-game ideas and suggestions

I’d like to point out that pride month is coming soon and I want to provide some ideas on what Blizzard could do through in game events to help celebrate events like this.

One idea is to utilize the micro holiday calendar. June could be used for pride month and this event should last throughout the month of June. Capital cities could have rainbow colors tabards and in game transmog that helps bring awareness and representation. Simple cosmetics or even toys could be added with a few simple quests that share the importance and history through fun quests and activities.

Blizzard could even use established lgbt characters like qadarin and thiernax be the quest givers or showcase them in activities. Maybe even have Shaw and Flynn make a special appearance by having players go around the world in different continents to complete these quests.

I think simple and fun holidays like this can be great for the game and can bring communities together. I know other games already do this and I think it’s fantastic. Games like League of Legends, Forza, Halo, and games from Square Enix all have special events during June to celebrate pride month by adding in special nameplates and skins (just to name a few) to anyone who logs in during the month of June.

If you’re serious about being inclusive and having diversity in-game, I think this feedback and some of the ideas above would be a good start. :rainbow_flag:

18 Likes

I’m just going to mute this upcoming train wreck.

198 Likes

I’m gay, and I don’t need anything this extravagant.

Maybe if they could simply add a few more single color robes or wizard hats…that’d be cool.

But I don’t want to log into Stormwind in the midst of a gay pride parade.

Lmao.

I don’t even want to do that in real life. Lol.

133 Likes

I know this thread is going to derail, but before it does…

I don’t care if Blizzard does anything pride related. They have pride stuff in their merch store.

But I had always heard of pride parades on the Proudmoore server, I love the idea of player held events more than anything Blizzard could do.

19 Likes

I thought it was a week, when did it become a month? No holiday or in honor of type stuff should be any more then a week. We are going to run out of months at this rate.

12 Likes

Please stop. PLEASE.

90 Likes

I really don’t care, i just see people as their class, i barely pay attention to what race they are, let alone stopping to wonder about what way they swing in real life.

19 Likes

Celtics in six

6 Likes

No thanks.

I wish people would stop trying to make WoW into Second Life.

75 Likes

Holy hell a whole month?

10 Likes

The game is full of diversity already

19 Likes

Ooh, you just gave me an idea!

3 Likes

Anything less than 100% diversity is not enough.

What does that even mean…

Are there in game races that are not getting represented well enough for you?

11 Likes

Heat in seven

2 Likes

Well this trash post didnt take long. LOL

4 Likes

I think tuln lost his touch, not one post since the OP. Probably for the best

1 Like

For a quote unquote “professional” troll, hes slacking lol

This post is to bring awareness to Blizzard and hopefully provide feedback that will be used to make this happen. Other games already do this and have been very successful, so why not Blizzard?

2 Likes

I know, that’s the problem. I always fall for it.