Original Ragnaros world first kill was 5 months after release

Indeed. But the reason the Nost team did that was because they lacked complete information to create a patch progression server. Had the information been available they would have done so. 1.12 is the only choice they had pretty much and as a result it, regrettably though not their fault, became the standard.

Now, Blizzard has the internal notation. They’ve publicly stated they have every change made to WoW since 1997 documented. However, here we are. On 1.12.

I’ve posted both the pre and post patch talents. They don’t add up nearly as much as you think they do, but keep whinging, its cute.

1 Like

eh im just pointing it out because its funny how people like to pretend that the private servers were true to van and hard yet its the same bloody patch classic is on.

1 Like

Should post where you got those I’m sure private server dev teams would be interested in a 1.0 tree as they couldn’t find complete ones for all of the classes after years of searching.

Also posted what? People parcing on a non 1.12 talent client? Doesn’t exist, friend.

TBH I come from private servers and a lot of people in these guilds are disappointed that they’re getting super powerful characters and tuned down bosses. Yeah, people like to parce and see what they can do and whatnot but it’s all with this grim understanding that this is far, far from an authentic experience.

The art is great, the social aspect is there, the leveling experience is great. The raiding experience is…Sigh. Quite honestly, only an idiot heehaw’s about how “good” they are on this Classic client. The people who came before had it much harder.

1 Like

ok…

I played in 2004 and you could get more than one essence a week.

but even if you couldn’t , it still doesn’t make rag harder. 7 ( or even 40) of your raider travelling to azshara once during their week to be prepared for the raid doesn’t make rag harder.

modern mythic end-boss requiring 500+ pull , now that’s a clear sign of how ridiculously hard they are.

I’m still astounded as to how people the most trivial and mundane thing pretending that make MC hard.

When you find people parcing on a 1.4 client with those talents and gearing options hit me up.

I’m literally IN these current logs of people killing Rag pre-submerge and I’m TELLING you right now it’s not because I’m super good or people back then were super bad. People in these old videos had severe handicaps we do not have on the Classic client. Period.

1 Like

So how many times did you wipe on Rag?

ok then by your own logic then all the private servers were just as bad they raiding on them was terrible as well.

…come again?

ok.

ignore the first page of wow log.

go to the 10th page if you want.

you’ll still have 1-phase rag kills with people well above 200dps.

your words kat. this classic is the same dam patch as the private servers.

That’s very depressing. The game is already far too easy, to make it even easier will mean they are simply recreating the situation with the Retail game.

I agree that some of the phases will add content which will make earlier content a bit easier but I hope it’s nothing more than that.

So what you’re failing to recognize, out of some disdain for private servers I assume, is that a lot of nerfs that were made to bosses were reverted and de-scaling was done to revert nerfs Blizzard made to Vanilla content over its lifecycle. In addition, bosses were slightly buffed to compensate for the fact that classes are inherently stronger due to 1.12 gearing and class scaling.

Gear is also released in it’s original nerfed forms and then patched to be stronger as it originally was. Private progression servers and Classic are very different experiences. Is one “better” than the other? Eh. It’s subjective.

1 Like

Here’s a quick search revealing a mix of people thinking 1.12 was the BC pre-patch and others claiming it was a catch up patch for TBC. There’s way, way, way more but I think this will suffice:

1 Like

~facepalm~ you never played vanilla they didn’t nerf the boss the changes that were done was nerfing things like the respawn timer inside of raids. bosses still had the same health as they did on launch.

How stupid are you? It took five months because no one knew what they were doing. Now we’ve known what to do for 15 years. Of course it’s faster

Thanks for that. They’re wrong, though.

1 Like

and surely you also remember guild being god awful back then?

ever question why?

1 Like

Sure. I never played Vanilla. No bosses were ever nerfed either. Nope. You’re about as accurate as your mastery over written English is impressive.

Either way, I am remembering why I avoided these forums for about a decade. Good Lord.