To the Pro Sharders

and it’s easily exploitable.
and it’s going to affect world pvp.
and it’s splitting up the player base at all levels.

3 Likes

summer ends september 23rd.

3 Likes

It’s proportional to the number of players online. So you’re not really inflating the economy. I think it’s a much better solution than sharding or PServer style 10k+ pop caps.

I’m actually more concerned about Cross Realm BGs. If layering is gone in a month I can really suck it up. Cross Realm BGs is the stupidest thing they could have thought of.

1 Like

Battlegroups/CRBGs were in vanilla js

1 Like

Nope. It was in the preparation patch for TBC. 1.12 was a preparation patch.

2 Likes

Given that Ion’s comments didn’t fully commit in the sense of “It will only be in X zones for Y amount of time” I figured they might play fast and loose with what people were thinking he meant.

But god damn I never thought they would take it this far.

Still not upset with this news. So I don’t know why “Pro Sharders” need your “I told you so”.

1 Like

1.12 was the longest lived patch in vanilla. It went live August 22nd 2006. 2.0.1 was December 5th. So you’re wrong.

Blizzard used to be my favourite gaming company. They haven’t been in a long time. I wonder why?

Read the notes and pay attention to details. Everything in 1.12 was meant to prepare for TBC. There was like 8 actual class changes that where directed to vanilla content. All of the major mechanics and structure changes where prep for tbc.

2 Likes

You should go and hang out with Tod on fallout 76. i heard that the servers don’t crash every 15 minutes now.

1 Like

1.12 was live for around double the time any other patch was. Just because it’s last doesn’t make it “less vanilla”

Go read patch note. Thanks.

1 Like

People have been trying to push 1.12 as “not true Vanilla” pretty much since Classic was announced.

They’ve already convinced themselves that it’s less Vanilla.

1 Like

Idk what you’re wanting me to look at. 1.12 is still vanilla, hence the 1.x patch number. Just because you don’t want it to be doesn’t make you right

Vanilla (1.12) isn’t vanilla. /s

The absolute state of the classic community.

So should we have the talent trees that were in part for TBC? I think talents became available for people before TBC actually launched.

Edit: Nope was wrong, most talent changes came in 2.0.1.!

That’s not vanilla though that’s patch 2.0.1. Pre-patches are not considered part of the prior game nor the upcoming.

Wait, are you Falnear? He tried to push this bogus “1.12 was TBC pre-patch” narrative too.