Original Ragnaros world first kill was 5 months after release

…come again?

ok.

ignore the first page of wow log.

go to the 10th page if you want.

you’ll still have 1-phase rag kills with people well above 200dps.

your words kat. this classic is the same dam patch as the private servers.

That’s very depressing. The game is already far too easy, to make it even easier will mean they are simply recreating the situation with the Retail game.

I agree that some of the phases will add content which will make earlier content a bit easier but I hope it’s nothing more than that.

So what you’re failing to recognize, out of some disdain for private servers I assume, is that a lot of nerfs that were made to bosses were reverted and de-scaling was done to revert nerfs Blizzard made to Vanilla content over its lifecycle. In addition, bosses were slightly buffed to compensate for the fact that classes are inherently stronger due to 1.12 gearing and class scaling.

Gear is also released in it’s original nerfed forms and then patched to be stronger as it originally was. Private progression servers and Classic are very different experiences. Is one “better” than the other? Eh. It’s subjective.

1 Like

Here’s a quick search revealing a mix of people thinking 1.12 was the BC pre-patch and others claiming it was a catch up patch for TBC. There’s way, way, way more but I think this will suffice:

1 Like

~facepalm~ you never played vanilla they didn’t nerf the boss the changes that were done was nerfing things like the respawn timer inside of raids. bosses still had the same health as they did on launch.

How stupid are you? It took five months because no one knew what they were doing. Now we’ve known what to do for 15 years. Of course it’s faster

Thanks for that. They’re wrong, though.

1 Like

and surely you also remember guild being god awful back then?

ever question why?

1 Like

Sure. I never played Vanilla. No bosses were ever nerfed either. Nope. You’re about as accurate as your mastery over written English is impressive.

Either way, I am remembering why I avoided these forums for about a decade. Good Lord.

they didn’t your can go back and look at the patch notes they were always messing with the mobs respawn timer. you can stick your fingers and pretend not to listen but they never nerfed the boss health to make the fights easier.

1 Like

You do realize that changing boss mechanics and lowering damage output is often far more of a nerf than actual HP scaling? And yes, this was done several times.

1 Like

as a holy priest, smite rank 8 is 384 to 429 dmg ( let’s say 400 ) with a 2.5 sec cast, that’s 160 DPS without any crit, any + spell dmg, any talent increasing smite damage / cast time…

if your top DPS are only doing 200, they are friggin awful.

That is why I’m hoping for new classic content after the last phase instead of BC. Where the content will be fresh & new.

they didn’t lower the damage i know what your talking about your bring up rags lava burst. which was broken on launch it didn’t work right and then when they got it working it turned out it was way overturned and rags was unkillable. also wow van didnt have boss mechanics , bosses in vanilla are all just once giant gear check.

1 Like

It’s literally painful how wrong you are. For example, Blizzard removed the Engulfing Flames mechanic completely from Onyxia. It’s just gone. Her tail swap cone is narrower and doesn’t knock you back as far.

It’s clear by how you write you’re not too bright but just accept that you’re fighting the nerfed version of this content with a superhero avatar with talents and gear you’re not supposed to have in this stage of the game. It’s just a fact.

1 Like

not realizing the ‘optimal’ strategy is bad… is what make people bad.

in modern mythic progression, if I die I open my logs and see what killed me, what can be avoided, what can be mitigated and so on.

Apparently back in 2005 nobody realized that non-tank took very little to no fire damage yet still stacked fire resist. That’s being bad… as one example of it.

I was hoping they’d review difficulty. But, the game still has a lot of content to keep players around. Yes there’s people getting current BiS right now, but a lot aren’t even 60, and even once they are they will happily play alts for years.

So, that means plenty of Subscriptions for WoW to bolster retail losses. It is sad though that no upper management or even sales said “lets make it hard and lets recreate the fire that was there 15 years ago.” That probably would have made more money, and could have been true to the spirit of Vanilla, which let’s face it was “keep them playing cause grinds and hard.” But there’s a lot of egos at play: Retail has to be better than Classic for too many people at Blizz who should have had no hand in Classic.

Maybe a pirate server will emerge and make the game better. Maybe another game will emerge that will finally finish Classic. Who knows?

or if they looked at the damage they took and realized next to none of it was fire, they wouldn’t stack fire resist.

or if the culture back then wasn’t so hostile to people trying to do good DPS, maybe they wouldn’t be facing 2 X sons of flame waves…

there’s so much wrong with them it’s hard to pin point a particular one, indeed.

1 Like