Offical 11.0 broken mounts thread

LIST OF BROKEN MOUNTS SINCE THE 11.0 PATCH
Instructions: Link the wowhead page on the affected mount and write a brief sentence of the issue:

Note: Post will be edited to add additional broken mounts as they are found.

Doesn’t launch itself into the sky when double jumping. Also stops flying completely randomly whilst in the air:

Broken surge forward animation (affects all mounts of this type):

Broken surge forward animation and flame affects from rocket boosters missing when flying:

Missing main propeller:

Missing tail glow trails effects when flying (appears to affect all mounts with wing tip animations):

Missing hoof glow trail effects when flying (affects all paladin order hall mounts):

Player model shrinks to microscopic size when moving forward. Also missing dual propellers on arms when flying although they reappear when using Aerial halt:

/mountspecial is broken and does not complete properly. Missing its ground travel animation that it had previously. For reference, see the full animation cycle and proper ground travel animation performed by the Solar Spirehawk:

Puts the player model inside the mount geometry:

The feet have regained the flying animations of the regular mechanized spider mounts (after being purposely altered by blizz during SL because of how stupid it looked due to the fact that it did not have any flame boosters). As a result, the feet now jitter without any flame booster appendages to obfuscate how bad it looks:

Feet thruster effects missing when flying:

Player model shrinks to microscopic size when moving forward and canopy closes when moving forward on the ground. Canopy should only close when flying. Feet thruster effects on even when walking on the ground:

It would appear with the exception of the Felsteel annihilator (which has the opposite issue lol), for whatever reason, most mounts that had additional effects and animations during flight using the old form of flying, have had such effects removed when Skyriding. No idea why.

All disc-type mounts cause the player model to bug out on dismounting and get stuck in the flying animation permanently. This happens about 20% of the time:

etc.

Wing tip animation trails missing from all Netherwing mounts as well the Teragosa mount:

Completely missing its /mountspecial animation sequence:

Tails are duplicating when skyriding. They’re meant to have 3 tails and show 3 tails when on the ground. But the moment you start flying, the tails duplicate and you end up with 6 instead:

Lower jaw geometry has moved downward significantly causing their beaks to no longer close properly:

22 Likes

My Birds need bigger wings they look tiny when they stopped flapping theirs wings and just gliding.

Also the fact that the wings are at somewhat right angles while gliding instead of a V -shape like a hawk gliding makes it weird when they are turning

Idk about other races, but my humans look goofy riding on all horses atm, not just the paladin chargers.

1 Like

if you turn even a fraction of a millimeter on a horse while dragonriding it resets the animation and looks dumb

2 Likes

ashes of alar? how dare you.

4 Likes

I’ve updated the OP with some additional mounts. Please input yours as responses if you come across anymore.

The Ghastly Charger (Old TCG mount) looks ridiculous because it puts my character half into the body of the mount and not on the saddle. It’s like you’re attached to the top of the horses front legs lol

2 Likes
  • The Violet Spellwing doesn’t play its normal movement animations on the ground, instead it maintains its idle stance while moving (this doesn’t happen with the Solar Spirehawk)
  • The Xiwyllag ATV’s engine/sputtering noises don’t play while Skyriding, unsure if this happens with other mechanical mounts

And while these technically aren’t “broken,” a few thoughts on some other mounts:

• Moths and Skitterflys glide while Skyriding, which just looks off. Considering what they’re based on, they should probably continue flapping their wings, like the Bees, Vespoids and Corpseflies do
  • Dragonhawks should also continue moving their wings a bit while gliding. Seeing them keep them static looks unnatural when they’re usually constantly moving
  • Cloud Serpents and other “wingless serpent” mounts should probably sway from side to side a bit more to make up for their lack of wings, they feel under-animated as they currently are
2 Likes

why did i know thaty sky golem would be on there.

LMAO

This is definitely gnome crafting!

Tarecgosa Mount is also missing the wing trails while dragonriding

1 Like

The new horse dragonriding animation feels like it’s missing a frame too, like it’s really jerky.

What I mean is that the Spirehawk normally lifts its rear up when it moves, so it looks like it’s flying along the ground. That’s the normal “run” animation.

Meanwhile the Spellwing doesn’t go into that animation, it just keeps “hovering” as it moves instead.

Looking it up in Wowhead’s model viewer, it looks like the Spellwing just no longer has most of its “Mount[ x ]” or “Fly[ x ]” animations, and it doesn’t have a Run animation anymore for some reason.

7 Likes

So this is weird. I updated my OP to include your issue. However I still can’t replicate it. Mine is animating correctly like the Solar spirehawk does when using its ground travel animations. I would record it but I don’t have any recording software.

I ran a scan/repair to be sure and it’s still messed up, going by Wowhead’s model viewer I think it might just be broken, which makes me wonder why it’s working for you. Maybe a cache thing.

You forgot druid flight form.

1 Like

just mounted this one to see what your talking about and it looks sooo bad

I don’t play druid so you’ll have to elaborate.

1 Like

So here’s something interesting. I also ran a scan/repair and now my Violet spelling is doing the same thing as yours! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Currently, the Otterworldly Ottuk Carrier can’t Dragonride! (Or skyride, wtf ever they’re trying to rename it to).

Point is, this is the ONLY mount that’s restricted to normal flying. WHY. I worked hard for this one and want to dragonride/skyride! argh!

3 Likes