Some Models Look Horrible with Skyriding

Skyriding is so janky looking on so many models right now. Especially models with no wings when you use whirling surge. That spinning animation just looks so…bad. That and the pterrodax and bird models when you just even slightly change directions. The whole thing instantly flips on it’s side. It looks horrible and I already have issues with motion sickness, and that sudden movement doesnt help. I really think the animation needs more fine tuning.

1 Like

Mounts also lost their special effects with dynamic flying.

Coursers, the Moonbeast, etc are all having weird seizures with it, too.

2 Likes

violet spellwing animations broke

beta has ashes of alar spectral trail but live doesnt

dreamrunner horses effects now pause every few seconds. it seems a lot of the flow effects from stuff have been starting to get that pause like for example the demon hunter shoulders from tomb of sargeras

2 Likes

I’m loving Skyriding on my Zandalari Troll Druid’s Flight Form.

I can grudgingly live with the janky animations. Just wish the skyriding implementation wouldn’t have turned all horse mounts into rocking chairs on the ground. Their ground riding animation, flying horse or ground only, is severely bugged now. It looks ridiculous

2 Likes

they should make all horses the same skeleton as invincibles

1 Like
2 Likes

My kite, bunny, and cradle differ from this statement. :melting_face:

Gyrocopters lose their top rotor and the thrusters are always pointing upwards for lift off.

My lucid Nightmare looks just fine with dynamic flight.

1 Like

The only mount I really like is the flying carpet. When you surge it folds like you’re really going fast. And when you spin it’s like it wraps around you.

But then you have things like the Darkmoon blimp that when you speed up the propeller actually starts spinning slower. How does that make sense?

1 Like

Yes! All my undead now ride the rugs. It’s surprisingly well done for sky-riding.

Especially as I’m a big fan of the Black Company series. Have had the name “Soulcatcher” reserved for some time. May have to dust it off now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

One of the bat mounts I tried out, you stand up like on a disc mount when flying down, despite there being a saddle.

1 Like

My character sometimes bugs out on the standing mounts. He’ll get stuck in a low crouch position and just stays that way while running around aftwr dismount, or he also gets stuck like that on the mount.

The standing mounts seem to use the resting pose when stealthed.

Some models do look a lot better than others. Might be better if they used the sitting on the ground pose.

The jank is what makes it so much more fun.

But have you seen the MoP Remix pterrodax mounts, or the corrupted dreadwing? lol Any slight movement and their wings are instantly vertical lol
And I don’t really care for it on the druid form. I think having it for those that want it is a good idea, but I think you should be able to toggle the druid flight form and mounts separately. I liked having static flight on my flight form and dynamic on my mounts.

Yes, still love it.

No.

Yes, I know; finally some realistic movement.