No more increased customisation in shadowlands. [Requesting a refund]

Me and others are very upset. While I’m sure the few I know of personally won’t put a dent in blizzard. Maybe, just maybe if enough of us do it it’ll send a message. All but one of my WoW friends are unsubbing partially because of this. A few others are attempting to get a refund as well. Yeah in the long run a dozen unsubs isn’t anything but if enough of us refuse to take this treatment maybe their accounting team will tell them “Oh hey you can get back to work on character customisation”.

3 Likes

Actually in most places it’s actually illegal for them to take food back but like hard to enforce that law so sometimes they try to do it anyways. In either case most chains won’t even question you unless you have a history of abusing it. They’ve never sought to “prove” or “disprove” when an order was wrong. You tell them what’s wrong and they fix it. Wow… if only blizzard was like that.

1 Like

Fun fact: Almost every indie game I play that still gets updates get faster and better updates than WoW. So it’s 100% not a resource problem and like you said. Greed. Indie projects are often passion products so they aren’t about min/maxing profits. Blizzard was once an indie dev… Now their a fortune 500. Sad times we live in. [quote=“Akston-area-52, post:124, topic:878543”]
“I bought a product and used it fully for 6 months then decided I wanted a refund. I even admit we got what I wanted, but I am still wanting a refund”.
[/quote]

I got half of what was going to be added. The other half got cancelled. Also it hasn’t been 6 months it been 4.

Exactly.

Did you stop reading at that point? We got some customisation. Not the full amount we were going to get. Which I was happy to wait for but now they’ve cancelled completely.

ALL races were going to get new customisation. Dark iron dwarves got literally nothing.

Most allied races got like an eyecolour if that.

I don’t have the spoons (mental energy) to look into/start that myself. But if someone else starts it I’ll certainly jump on that bandwagon.

If I had control of a billion dollar company I would. If I had control over blizzard I’d buy back all the stock. Shut down selling stock. (company should only be accountable for itself and pleasing shareholders ruins companies). Then I’d reduce the profit margins considerably. Still enough to make a profit and have a safety net if anything goes wrong but vast majority would go back into the games that generated the profit.

Though I am not a greedy capitalist. Not all game devs are greedy. Bliz didn’t used to be either… sigh

That’s just like, your opinion man.

Either way it is the straw.

Yeah this isn’t remotely acceptable.

It was certainly one of the main features for me. Whenever an expansion comes out I look for features that will survive the expansion. Races, classes, new customisation, etc. Because everything else is temporary.

At blizzcon they said nothing new is coming. I am 99% sure that includes allied races.

Yeah… that’s not the reason for this. Almost every major company blizzard included reported only a 2-3 week delay because of covid and everything else is back on track.

It was literally on the “box”.

It should be. In capitalism if a service isn’t fully rendered you’re entitled to a refund.

It is because it was part of my justification for buying it. They said they’d do it and now they won’t.

I wish it would…

No kidding. Why are people defending blizzard? Maybe the rose tinted classes? Nostalgia for a previous version of blizzard? Who knows.

Vote with your wallet.

First of all if I did do that I would get a refund, or more likely a replacement order. Where they did it right next time. Also the expansion is literally in 9.0 idk how you can say that’s eating most of it.

It’s more like when you go up to a drivethrough order something. You pull to receive your order and they tell you one thing isn’t done yet. Can you pull over to the side and wait and it’ll be right out. You wait awhile and hear nothing. So finally you go inside and ask about it (Q&A) and they say they have no plans to give it to you and feel satisfied with what they gave you. Now really the logical thing here would be they just rectify it. But I don’t see blizzard rectifying this. Not just over me anyways. So I’m left with unsub and refund.

Interesting.

I’m not complaining to innocent workers or harrassing them. This is a message for the ups.

Straw. \

We all have different things we care about.

2 Likes

The argument they made is that content is more important, to which I say: major management failure.

Continued additions to customization is a major component of this expansion’s content as ADVERTISED, and from the very begining they should have properly managed their time and resources to continue this work during this expansion. I also believe the need to rush out new raids and dungeons to satisfy the tiny fraction of hardcore players who run through them in 3-6 months is just pushing away the majority of players who still value the RPG content of an MMORPG.

2 Likes

Customization is the new dance studios I guess

I mean 2004 launched wow you made a character and that was it. You didn’t like it too bad either reroll or deal with it. And leveling was a chore then so you dealt with it usually

3.0.2 cam about wrath gave us barbershops, now you can change that character but the options were the same ones you had at the beginning.

Dance shops were also promised, and cancelled quietly until a long time later it was confirmed.

Then they redid the models, well except for night elves and dranei but they were newer so it was fine.

Then worgen came out as well as goblins…worgen to how many patches to actually get a useable model.

Now you all want a new hairdo and stuff every other week.

I would prefer a new raid, a new dungeon, new gear.

Oh well your “will you shut the hell up here is a bone” is not what you envisioned. Well then don’t play it. Pick another of the multiple races that are out there.

Once you all stop using it they might look into it. After pressing issues like raid gear, class balance, and other things are taken care of.

You are not gonna get a refund. rofl. This is like eating 90% of a burger then wanting a refund because you don’t have enough ketchup. :hamburger:

1 Like

Lol, life hack

1 Like

How many times do we have to write this.

Customization does not, has never and will never cut any of those things. Ever. Raids and dungeons are largely not even done by the same teams

2 Likes

Dance studios or the last three dungeons of wrath. Those were their choices and I believe there exact words.

So yes customization can and will effect real parts of game play.

That’s a silly excuse nothing more.

No it doesn’t work like that unless they would fire one of their teams, because of some higher up. But if they did, they would be in a lot of other trouble.

In fact it would be an easy marketing win for them to have view artists continue the work on customization.

We aren’t getting a new race, or class either.
This can’t be this hard to understand. Again, the art team is not the design team for mechanics, pvp, dungeons, raids etc.

It’s a standard bait and switch. They promise the world and deliver an moon.

1 Like

i feel you, as nightborne main i just hoped they will list future plans for customizations in SL, i actually bought SL because they told us customization is something they will focus on, since some races got it and some didn’t it make sense more will come in future patches but nope, not at all… not going to lie, i was asking myself if i should just unsub and quit the game i loved so much but get ignored for years as a customer doesn’t motivates me continue to invest my time on this game, but instead i decided maybe try together with others in the community make our voice to be heard, blizzard still can change their mind on that situation if enough noise made, i love this game and passionate about it but blizzard seems to be going again on that path of being disconnected from the community
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/blizzard-are-you-even-listening/877830

Is this real? Are you trolling or are you an actual “Karen”?

I’ll be playing another game.

I was very hopefully for shadowlands… but bliz changing their minds and cancelling content I was looking forward to was a deal breaker.

2 Likes

It does if you know anything about software development.

Things are copy paste drag and drop like a lot of you think.

This post has lots of source links and quotes:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/no-new-customizations-is-the-dont-you-guys-have-phones-of-2021/877887/31

“im quitting something that i claim saved my life because I can’t have even more hair styles”

1 Like

Which you can actually do. I’ve known folks who succeeded in doing this.

Yeah they don’t understand game dev. Especially for a fortune 500 company with literally different departments for everything. I see more QoL from indies that only have one dev group. I’m seen better for games with 1-3 devs.

Dance studio would still be used today.

Excuses aren’t reasons. Excuses are excuses and are almost always lies. Dance studio would not and could not impact that much. That was just their emotional manipulation to get people to lay off of them so they could min/max profits.

Exacly.

No kidding. I actually know a lot of indie games that source from third party. They pay them a fee (less than ultimately what full time devs make). And then have their devs give it a quick once-over and then impliment it. It’s a pretty cool system. If billion dollar blizzard is really struggling with resource allocation just outsource. Thousands of wow fans have already put in all the work for some wow quality customisation additions. Why don’t they just buy it from them?

Exactly!

No they are not. I don’t understand how anyone can think this.

They promised the world and all we got was a continent.

Same.

I did too. I decided that Yes. I am done. At least for now.

I applaud you for that. This thread is my last ditch attempt at that. But I’ve been losing hope that blizzard listens to us.

I hope so. If they do I’ll resub and repurchase the expansion.

Karens are abusive to people who don’t deserve it. This is holding a company accountable. There is a difference. But I’ll be whatever I have to be if it hasd even a chance to get blizzard’s attention.

2 Likes

If they would have removed the you ‘sniffing my toons derierre’ I would have some sympathy for your plight. However, for the last twelve years you have harrassed my toons at every port. I think they should have drowned each and every single one of you.

Imagine being mad they prioritized content over your nose piercing.

1 Like