No more increased customisation in shadowlands. [Requesting a refund]

Really not sure I’d consider increased character customization a defining feature of Shadowlands which is why I think any attempt to seek a refund for lack of promised content would fail even if it went class action lawsuit level. When I think of main features of SL I think of anima, covenants, raids, dungeons, PvP, etc.

As I said earlier there are laws in place to protect consumers against when a company drops promised content, but that isn’t a free ticket for players to say any content you said you’d give us and failed to do so entitles me to a refund.

1 Like

[Requesting a refund.]

Denied.

Nothing about the product you purchased failed to arrive. That they didn’t keep making new customizations is not a refund worthy complaint, as it wasn’t offered as a selling point.

3 Likes

Just want to throw out that this was misquoted a bit. The actual quote was :
“This is just the beginning for our character customization, I’m sure there will be more hair styles and eye colors, different things that we add throughout the course of what we’re learning from what people want in the community as a result of that.”

Shadowlands was not part of the original quote.

4 Likes

I’m sorry, but this logic needs to DIAF already.

When did we start giving slack to one of the most profitable publishers in the world who simultaneously pays its employees so little that many have to choose between food and rent?

I promise you that Blizzard has the money and development resources to fix all of these issues at once but are choosing not to because they believe they don’t need to, and voicing unhappiness and/or quitting are the only motivators people have.

2 Likes

I wasn’t saying anything about a refund. But it was clearly one of their main features. I wouldn’t consider raids or covenants something that drew a lot of people in. It’s more of the same old really. Those are still important features, for sure. I stand with my take though.

That’s a lie.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/401408743511818241/813079824473391114/lol.JPG

No, it isn’t. Shadowlands is mentioned in the first paragraph yes. But the second paragraph, which you orginally quoted has the phrase “throughout the course of Shadowlands” which was not part of the second paragraph.

That bolded part was added. Which is the part many people believe they were “promised” more customization in Shadowlands.

3 Likes

True enough, I didn’t catch that. But it’s really not important. Shadwolands was mentioned in the first paragraph, like you said and all was the awnser to the same question and based on the same thing.

So yes, I feel confident to say, they were talking about Shadowlands.

Oh I don’t disagree with you at all. They implied in this article and the Polygon article that customization would be ongoing in SL. Those implicit promises helped sell the xpac. It’s pretty scummy but after all the lies they fed us about WoD nothing surprises me with this company anymore.

1 Like

That’s fair. same goes for me, they said too many tings they broke later on. And after WC III Reforged it’s hard to take their word.

1 Like

I’ll tell you what would happen if they announced a new expac and just cut the raid and dungeon content out of it after promising it was coming. You’d have a class action lawsuit assuming Blizzard didn’t grant refunds.

PvE content, whether you’re an LFR raider or bleeding edge mythic, is the meat and potatoes of WoW, full stop. I realize lots of people play this game for various reasons to the point that some don’t even need the latest and greatest expac to be entertained, but they’d never get away with announcing the first tier raid with 10 new dungeons, and then suddenly saying “Eyyyyyyyyyyy so only two dungeons at launch and the raid is cancelled. We’ve incorporated the story into the world content instead so enjoy!”

In fact there’s massive precedent established with how WoW operates that the plaintiffs could use to showcase what they expect a WoW expansion to have and how defining all that cut content is to their enjoyment to the game.

It wouldn’t even be close, Blizzard would lose hard.

Nevermind this post. I realized after reading some posts after the one I quoted that the original quote by Blizzard was misquoted.

Perhaps. Did something happen for WC III Reforged? If not they are save. I mean, sure they had to change their advertisement.

Way less people play it than you think. Sure it is, but it dosen’t make it the main feature that leads people to go back to the game or buy an addon.
BC sold well because of Illidan and all the other WC 2 heroes like Zu’ljin.
WotLK was so popular because of Arthas.
Etc. etc. There is more to an addon than those things and there are more features (like a new class!).

Heck allied races were a main selling point too for BfA and customization was strongly advertised for Shadowlands. People were exited for it.

So there you have it.

3 Likes

They offered full refunds after massive and continued backlash.

Citation needed.

Lol, c’mon. If you’re gonna troll, you can’t make it so obvious in the title.

“I’d like my money back for this cheeseburger.”

“What was wrong with it?”

“It tasted strange.”

“Ok.” (Checks bag).
“Sir, there are 2 bites of the cheeseburger left, and you are most of the fries, too.”

“Yeah, refund.”

1 Like

Don’t be so sure. The Better Business Bureau doesn’t like the fact that some companies rip people off. I think that the OP might have a case.

Completely off topic but fast food restaurants like McDonald’s won’t even do that anymore. I ordered a simple sausage biscuit and medium black coffee a few mornings ago. They must have gave me someone else’s order because when I opened my bag, it was like a sausage, egg and cheese biscuit. I took it back because I have an egg intolerance and told them I wanted my order. They wouldn’t touch the bag and said I could keep it. My husband said they did the same thing to him a few times.

So if you ever want some free food from McDonald’s…

This is a certified Karen Moment.

3 Likes

Holding a company accountable to its word.

Which is 100% in bad faith. It’s a bait and switch. They don’t need to promise anything for it to be implied and then changed. That’s still wrong. And their “Exit” will have consequences.

3 Likes

WoW is in a bad state right now.
SL is a boring mess of an expansion that is a bit better than BFA but just barely.
There are a lot to complain, a lot of things that need changing, a lot of improvements to be done and customizations are what made you quit?
Damn talk about priorities.