New Race for the Alliance: HALF ELVES!

Now I know many people are like “omg why”, but think about it.

For those people who love high elves, it a good compromise. They get the story, the continuation of what is the friendship created by the high elves and their human/dwarf/angrywolf allies. It also comes with a lot of potential for customization.

Unlike other races which have limited potential in terms of appearance.
Half elves can be anywhere from pale, to purple.
There is a lot of lore which can be written, and its a blank slate that allows creativity.

Now I am not sure what the other half would be for the hybrid. More than likely human, because creating new models for every hybrid is difficult, and you don’t run the risk of wonky looking half elves.

Yeah…looking at you midget dwarf/elf dude.

34 Likes

I like the idea of Half Elves, but there is only cases of Half Elf/Half Human. What sources are there to suggest Dwarf versions of Half Elves?

EDIT: Whoops

2 Likes

Interspecies romance and children are taboo in the wow universe. A mass hybrid race makes no sense.

Just give belfs and velfs proper character customization to be high elves. Its that simple.

I would rather see a really polished worth while new race put in.

Mogu, sethrik, saberons, cat centuar guys, bird people, eradar, broken dreanei, satyrs, 2 fish people races, fish goblins, etc.

24 Likes

:heart: :heart:

5 Likes

I want a half elf where the other half is dragon.

Should come with wings and be able to fly when not in combat.

11 Likes

How about not another elven race… night elves … blood elves… comeon let’s have some diversity

23 Likes

We have 4 elves already

We don’t need more

24 Likes

You guys know just because you don’t want another elven race, doesn’t mean that you have to play one.

4 Likes

Yea cuz I’d love my 80% elf raid to become 99% elf instead

There’s already too many of the repulsive things all with skimpy tmogs

5 Likes

Best we can do is half orcs.

12 Likes

Oh right, because people don’t like other people RP’ing in an RPG.

4 Likes

Because fantasy game? Because skimpy fantasy armor looks cool on super model fantasy character lol.

RP’ing what?

Cringe and/or prostitutes?

5 Likes

I think your count is off:

The proper definition of an elf is “race with big pointy ears”. :grinning: As such, the playable elven races are the following:

• Night elves
  • Blood elves
  • Void elves
  • Draenai
  • Orcs
  • Trolls
  • Goblins
  • Lightforged Draenai
  • Nightborne
  • Zandalari Troll
  • Vulpera
  • Mag’har Orc

We’re living in World of Elfcraft!!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course, some elves are more elven than others. The proper test to determine how pure an elf race is is to measure the ratio of ear length versus body height.

Having applied this test to every playable race in the game, there is no doubt that the true epitome of ultimate elfiness are Vulpera!

1 Like

Yeah but I want a new race that I look foward to playing… and same to you… you could play a race that’s not an elve aswell or decide not too… why even say what’s pointless… you have your opinion and I made min. Yours isn’t more right than mine. You made your comment about wanting a new Elve race and I made mine about not wanting another…

3 Likes

Can we get half-n-half elves, where they’re half-high elf and half-night elf, but they’re basically just the night elf model with peach/pink skin and bigger eyebrows?

The idea that the original post is perpetuating that other people came up with I agree with, I’m all for Half Elves

Look, normally, I don’t toot my own home but…I am the one who convinced Lorithyn to go along with it.
At last give me some credit.

1 Like

I’ve seen it perpetuated by many people, Blizzard to start with, but if you’re saying you came up with it.

[citation needed]

Regardless I agree with the sentiments of their idea that this post is perpetuating forward.

You can ask Lorithyn if you do not believe me Lannisteros. I would love to link you to my original thread, but it was flag bombed and 404’ed.