Mechagnome Customization Thread

Ooh, ooh, rusty heritage please and thanks! I like the rusted look the best but I pretty much actively avoid it cause heritage is the only robotic armor in the game and the gold pretty much drowns out any other options.

3 Likes

Wonderful! I appreciate that not everyone is going to enjoy a Mechagnome but I’m always happy to see folk helping to spread awareness of our requests so Blizzard has a better chance to see them!

I also need to grab your thread later and add it to my Other Threads list. Got two or so other threads compiling things like yours does but more the merrier.

Absolutely!

I love the rusty look as well and would adore getting the Rusty and Silver Heritage armors released for our use.

(Though the rusty and silver ones need to be completed as well. They’re unfinished.)

4 Likes

I am hopeful that mechagnomes will eventually get the unreleased heritage armor recolors. Nightborne finally received their heritage weapons via Timewalking vendor, and dark iron dwarves now have their heritage weapons and heritage mount via questline. Maybe in a few patches, mechagnomes can get the armor recolors and maybe even the unreleased mechacycle recolor. A questline would be cool to see what the mechagnomes are up to now that they are venturing out into the world.

2 Likes

DF pre-order is up!

No more customizations but plenty of goodies for those who like that!

Some new AR threads opened up today! Check em out!

Rajani Allied Race Thread - By Mianyaue

Mok’nathal Allied Race Thread - By Mianyaue

Broken/Krokul Allied Race Thread - By Mianyaue

1 Like

I would go further in by adding in a racial talent system (if made) for full robotic mechagnomes by having them show the advanced tech of a fully mechanized gnome!

(I am for fully robotic gnomes btw.)

2 Likes

I’m still dreaming about Mechaspider legs as an option.

1 Like

Honestly, I think Mechagnomes were the laziest addition Blizzard could’ve possible come up with (which stands in total contrast to the Vulpera, who are an entirely new race).

Still, it is what it is, so if adding more options makes them feel like less of a joke, I’m on board. Not sure about some of the class suggestions, but I’d definitely think they’d do well having options to go full-robot, and I do dig the idea of giving them different “types of metal” to build from. Honestly, I wouldn’t be opposed to them having more of a 50’s “hot-rod” sort of aesthetic as an option, too. Sort of that retro-futurism vibe.

2 Likes

I’m crazy for Atomicpunk. Rayguns, hot rods and pompadours!

2 Likes

What did you have in mind for this concept?

Hey with the new body options I could see them apply that as an option.

The Classes I think work out myself but I don’t begrudge those who think otherwise.

Fully on board with those who want the full robot concept and honestly I think it still fits with the Mechagnomes as a whole. We do strive to keep our Gnomanity and individuality but that doesn’t mean we can’t replace most if not all of the biological components if need be.

1 Like

Basically a npc that specializes in the seperate race cultures would be the one you go to to switch “racial talents” to the one you want to reflect.

For a fully robotic gnome i would have some transformer baised racials (like turning into a mount for the non-combat racial)

For combat ones i would imagine the mechagnome would deploy a chest laser canon to blast their targets, which could do some AoE damage and daze a target.

1 Like

I want to be able to see my transmogs. Mechagnomes look horrible with the transmog restrictions in place.

There are some who have requested similar.

I think my favorite option regarding that is allowing Mechagnomes to choose which arms and legs are mechanized (if at all) as well as expanding what we can mechanize and the options overall.

More metal colors might be helpful in that regard as well so that we can more effectively match with our mogs.

While I doubt that Mechagnomes would be able to ever just look like a standard Gnomeregan Gnome, I’m sure Blizzard could give us greater flexibility to make players happy.

Mechagon Prevails!
:gear:

After seeing the Mag’har orc heritage armors with different shades of color for each clan, I just assumed the Mechagnome heritage set had similar treatment due to their various paint colorings in character creation. It looks like a rush job, or just incompetence to not follow it through with these guys.

What really grinds my gears though is the lack of attention to headgear on them. The Mechagnome modification “infra-sight” option is a really cool graphic - it adds an adorable blinking eye reticle. But this option is removed by a wide array of headgear, replacing it with a static, non animated version with a much lower polygon count(This “clipping” was a problem with some pandaren helmets for essentially a decade. The cloth top hat physically removed their ears). It also feels like an oversight to not have the official heritage helmet’s infra-sight be animated as well. The heritage helmet feels really flat and devoid of fun as a result. Goes without saying, though, that the color of these infra-sights should also come with color options, as normal goggles do. Red, green, purple, orange, yellow, etc.

Looking at the “full robot” look, too, there is essentially a single helm across all armor types that fully covers the lower human parts of the face - see my portrait for evidence. This feels wrong. I’d like to be a tiny robot in cloth, mail, and plate please!

2 Likes

I love you, little gnomies :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Saw a Mechagnome in Trial of Style multiple times, never even got 3erd place.

They should really let them show more armor, no reason the can’t wear gloves and boots over the robot ones.

I’ve seen em win before. Just have to be inspired.

or have friends…

I was able to win with the spooky theme but I’m not sure if it was my mog or my name. Everyone was cheering and clapping for me though. It was great :laughing:

1 Like

Actually Blizzard has said (in multiple interviews) that they are working on giving all races all classes, but that Paladin, Shaman, and Druid are going to take a long while for obvious reasons.

2 Likes

With drakthyr getting barber shop “gear,” I think it would be cool to do something similar for mechagnomes but with weapons instead of armor.

What if we could have a built in arm sword for melee and arm blaster for ranged? The barber shop option could just have a check box to override whatever model or transmog your weapon already has.

2 Likes