Master Looting Concerns - Solved

From what i can gather, someone trolled the GM.
I think i would be mad at that person rather than the GM.
The GM’s can only act based on what evidence the game environment can provide.

I think i’d being going after the troll?

1 Like

That is the most important part of that post. Blizzard will do anything they feel to enforce they think is nice and fair.

2 Likes

Absolutely not.

Where does Blizzard state that they will at random get involved in loot distribution decisions? Everything they’ve posted implies that it’s up to the community to deal with “Loot Ninjas” on their own.

I was the one who made the original post on this here that was closed. Our guild had it happen but thankfully a senior GM stepped in and corrected the mistake. Do not joke around with rolls do not give something to anyone else by accident or face a multiple day suspension and item removal.

We plan on stating before all our guild runs from now on “All items are subect to loot council”

2 Likes

What do you mean absolutely not?
That is silly.
If i lie about you and present false evidence, do you go after me, or sue the judge?

3 Likes

That is about all you can do to cover your own butt. Glad it was resolved for you, but I hope you can see in hind-sight how a GM might have made the wrong call in your case.

2 Likes

I mean absolutely not because Blizzard should not be getting involved in loot decisions as they previously stated.

I’m going after Blizzard because these recent cases directly contradict everything they’ve said about loot.

You cite exactly 1 post that is completely unrelated to most loot-based complaints and are trying to hold it up like its the law. Blizzard will intervene in situations they feel are egregious, malicious or the like.

3 Likes

You don’t speak for Blizzard.

Show me the post where they state that they will intervene in loot decisions if they feel like it.

Implying these GMs even know what a bindings of the windseeker is. Unless you lucked out and got the one that actually plays the game.

They did nothing about the guy that stole all the mats to a Lionheart Helm, just deleted the items and didn’t restore then to the person that grinded it out. That’s a massive amount of gold and effect as well.

It seems there should be consistency in the action and policy taken, whether it is around 1k of g in mats, a binding, or a green drop in WC.

2 Likes

There have been a few occasions recently discussed in the forums where they didn’t do so though.

I don’t disagree that there has been some constancy problems. However, that comes with the territory of judgments being made by different human beings.

I think scamming someone out of the mats to craft an item would be handled differently than an item being intentionally master-looted to the wrong person though.

From what I gathered… no. The person who we think trolled because they gquit the night the item was removed and asked other guilds if he could get a second binding if he joined was not suspended.

However no one has invited him to a guild since and everyone here knows what he did so there are still social ramifications.

1 Like

Until he server transfers with a name change /shrug. Which is why the “social ramification only” thing doesn’t sound like a strong deterrent.

Sucks that your guild had to have someone in the guild troll them like that.

I speculate that its going to happen quite a bit more. All its going to take is one person to open a ticket after a troll roll or discord communication passing on an item or even a complete accident and giving the loot to the wrong person.

You could be right.
But putting it in ingame text, like you mentioned doing above
totally derails the troll.

1 Like

Didn’t read the whole thread, but just putting this in. Transferring loot isn’t the same as deleting “stolen” loot.

any items determined to be scammed are simply deleted. While the real decisions in the other guy’s thread were made in discord, Blizzard can’t see, record, or rule on that and as such can only rule on what they see in chat. The guy who reported may be a bit whiny, but after promises are made in chat it is considered binding whether initially meant, or not. Therefore, it’s enforceable by GMs. Once that guy won the roll, it was his bindings or no ones. I’d have gotten it deleted too, probably.

In short, never EVER type a loot distribution or trade promise you don’t mean in blizz chat.

1 Like

As the top of that post suggests, this is for accidental miss loots or people winning and wanting to pass loot. NOT for violating agreed upon loot rules like rolling for loot in raid chat.

I still think that post was a doctored photo troll, and i will until i see a blue post on these forums admitting responsibility. But the simple fact is, if you say to roll for an item, then ninja it, you are breaking an agreement, not simply looting incorrectly.

1 Like