[Main Thread] - Permissions errors updating or repairing games in Battle.net

I have been trying for 2 hours to get on WOW.
It keeps asking for login as admin to get to . I thought it was my computer that is dying and being replaced in a week but I was just on last night even though it kept kicking me off the site. Help Obi-wan you are my only hope.

10 Likes

Try to run battle.net as Administrator.

Right click on the battle.net icon on your desktop, or your Wow icon.
Select option; run as Administrator.

Help,2 days trying update,repair,uninstall battlenet and everything and wow always update…repair,scanning files and nothing happen

2 Likes

What did you do to fix this? I’m having this same trouble and it’s pissing me off, considering they don’t do live chat for this anymore and I keep running WoW as admin.

I didn’t fix it,need help because nothing i do work haha

1 Like

Hey all,

We’ve gotten several reports on this and it is currently being looked into. For the moment I’d like to see if this works:

1. Right click the games folder
  2. Choose Properties
  3. Swap to the Security tab
  4. Select your user account
  5. Click Edit
  6. Tick Full Control then click OK
  7. Click OK again > then Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files > click ok again

Once done restart the app and see if it allows the patch to work.

2 Likes

I tried this and all the step listed on the support page. still nothing works. I have uninstalled the battle.net app and reinstalled, disabled norton, triple checked I am running as an administrator and tried to use the repair install tool.

5 Likes

Tried this same step, as well as countless others from various forums and to no avail. was playing fine earlier, took a break and come back to cant update or log in, on retail or classic.

1 Like

create new directory.
copy to new directory.
set Battle.net to use that game install.
this will give you the permissions you need to continue.

Tried that and it didn’t work either :s

2 Likes

Same problem here…tried all suggestions…nothing helped

2 Likes

It’s strange because I am able to download and update other games on battle net but not TBC classic. I did all self help options other than uninstalling the game and reinstalling.

Getting the same error as well. Tried many different things including running bnet as admin, restarting, disabling anti virus, and signing in and out of battle net

Same problem here, I have a raid tonight pls help blizzard

I tried everything you suggested, reinstalled bnet, logged in as an admin, disabled all security and quadruple checked to make sure I’m not being a special person here and I STILL have an issue.

I’m in! here is how I am currently login into WoW TBC
go to world of warcraft->classic->WowClassic (open this application)
it will take you to the login screen where you have to type in your name and password (I don’t log in here)
Close wow and you will have a small window to click the play button on battle.net
Not sure how long this will work or why it does work.

2 Likes

Still nothing working for me

Pretty sure they broke something with battle.net. It keeps trying to update all my games even though there isn’t any updates (Or at least I hope there isn’t like 2000 updates).

I closed and restarted battle.net and it shows CoD, D3 and all versions of WoW has an update. BCC just keeps looping and never updates. WoW Classic updates and then you click play and it says there is an update and then it shows BCC has an update again.

2 Likes

Same, I have atttempted all of the above suggestions and I’m at a loss, Blizzard help me pls.

Yup it’s updating again…
Lol
Back online
384ms 147ms lol
No way 54.4 fps.

1 Like