Battlenet won't update WoW

The Battlenet Launcher says WoW has an update. The button that usually says play, now says updating and there is a progress bar below. The progress bar has been stuck at 0% for more than an hour.

I’ve tried relaunching the software, restarting my computer, reinstalling battlenet, making sure my PC and drivers were up to date, and waiting an hour.

…help pls

EDIT:

Well…lo and behold…I did all that to try to get it to work, but as soon as I complain here, battlenet magically decides to work and now I can finally play WoW.

But seriously, took over an hour…How is that acceptable?

4 Likes

This was me as well at 10amest.
The PLAY was there, but the little icon ; down arrow at top was there. I clicked icon and it changed to: UPDATE.
Updated and played a few minutes.

9.1.5 was the first patch in a very long time where I had to manually click the little arrow at the top of the battle.net launcher to update World of Warcraft, or else it just said “incompatible version” for the server list.

1 Like

59 posts were split to a new topic: [Main Thread] - Permissions errors updating or repairing games in Battle.net

Hey all,

Closing this since the original poster had a different issue that resolved itself. There is another issue that players are contacting for which is permissions errors when updating or repairing games. A few example error codes are:

• BLZBNTAGT00000BB8
  • BLZBNTAGT00000841

There are other error codes that are also related to the incident we are tracking, but they are all related to permissions. If you are getting any different error please please create a new thread.

2 Likes