Lua error upon login?

Message: …izzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_FullProductCardTemplates.lua:235: SetPortraitToTexture(): Failed to load FileData ID 3922898: E_MISSING_CRYPTKEY

Time: Tue Nov 30 18:48:38 2021
Count: 1
Stack: …izzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_FullProductCardTemplates.lua:235: SetPortraitToTexture(): Failed to load FileData ID 3922898: E_MISSING_CRYPTKEY

[string “=[C]”]: in function SetPortraitToTexture' [string "@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_FullProductCardTemplates.lua"]:235: in function ShowIcon’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_ProductCardTemplates.lua”]:527: in function UpdateCard' [string "@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua"]:1783: in function StoreFrame_SetCategoryProductCards’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua”]:1707: in function `StoreFrame_SetCategory’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua”]:2231: in function <…e\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua:2221>

Locals: (*temporary) = {
0 =
}
(*temporary) = 3922898

4 Likes

Got my own error as well:

Message: …izzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_FullProductCardTemplates.lua:235: SetPortraitToTexture(): Failed to load FileData ID 3922898: E_MISSING_CRYPTKEY

Time: Tue Nov 30 18:51:27 2021
Stack: …izzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_FullProductCardTemplates.lua:235: SetPortraitToTexture(): Failed to load FileData ID 3922898: E_MISSING_CRYPTKEY

[string “=[C]”]: in function SetPortraitToTexture' [string "@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_FullProductCardTemplates.lua"]:235: in function ShowIcon’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_ProductCardTemplates.lua”]:527: in function UpdateCard' [string "@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua"]:1783: in function StoreFrame_SetCategoryProductCards’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua”]:1707: in function `StoreFrame_SetCategory’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua”]:2231: in function <…e\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua:2221>

Locals: (*temporary) = {
0 =
}
(*temporary) = 3922898

1 Like

The staff acknowledged this in the bigger thread. You can ignore it, they’re working on it.

Still happening. I just placed another bug report for it in game as well as in the bug forums.

1 Like

There is no need to keep reporting it. They are aware of it and said they are working on it. They did not say it was fixed already.

1 Like

They said they’re working on it and will get it fixed at one point, and for players to ignore it and play the game.
Its hard to ignore and sort of sets an atmosphere of concern for the play session when logging in. I think people feel better coming to share their experience so they know its not just them and their giving feedback on their experience.
Im getting the error too.

2 Likes

I can’t play the game. My FPS went down significantly due to the Lua Error. Getting 17 fps.

Thanks for that comment, Triss. That was well put.
There is one odd side effect I’ve encountered today with this error, which makes ignoring the message tricky for me. For some reason, on my one character, and only on that character, which was selected in my list when I first loaded into the Character Login Screen, a bunch of interactive NPC’s in Stormwind Keep won’t load. A bit frustrating, because I needed to interact with one of them that’s “missing”.

So I sure hope they find a fix for it soon.

1 Like

Mine is stuck in a scan and repair loop.

Thank you very much and you’re welcome! I know i feel tons better when I come to the forums and see whatever crazy wow glitch that’s afflicting and confusing me is also happening for others. Hopefully it means a fix soon with the more of us who report the issues.

Rather difficult to ignore when it hogs the entire center screen on your monitor when you log into the character select screen. But Bliz has had two rather lengthy maintenance windows this week.

I will not hold my breath for a quick fix as it appears there are more problems behind the scenes than meets the eye. After all, I’ve been dumped to my desktop multiple times this week as well.

Yesterday I was disconnected from the game to my desktop:

1. twice while portalling
  2. twice while on a taxi
  3. once when I walked around a corner

TODAY:

1. once on a taxi
  2. once while opening my mail

So there seems to be more problems that just recently appeared. That lua error is only one in a list of things happening that I’ve not experienced for a long time.

Should be able to just click close/go past it. Are you having trouble dismissing the error? That would be a new issue to report.

That’s a different issue. See one of these threads for advice:

Ok, go figure this one. I just started combat and this thing popped up in the middle of my screen as I enter combat.

What the hell is going on guys? I’ve not changed anything on my end but you guys had another download today that I received upon logging in. So what did you guys introduce to cause this ???

Message: Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:1028: Usage: CastSpellByName(name[, target])
Time: Thu Dec 2 18:53:50 2021
Stack: Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:1028: Usage: CastSpellByName(name[, target])
[string “=[C]”]: in function CastSpellByName' [string "@Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua"]:1028: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:956> [string "@Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua"]:1233: in function ?’
[string “@Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua”]:5143: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:5109>
[string “=[C]”]: in function ChatEdit_ParseText' [string "@Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua"]:4827: in function ChatEdit_SendText’
[string “@Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua”]:3075: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3068>
[string “=[C]”]: ?
[string “=[C]”]: in function UseAction' [string "@Interface\FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua"]:350: in function handler’
[string “@Interface\FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua”]:663: in function <Interface\FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua:607>
[string “@Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua”]:266: in function <Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:263>
[string “@Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua”]:296: in function <Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:279>
[string “=(tail call)”]: ?

Locals: (*temporary) = nil

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.